Disk and digital not compatible

cris3f

Didn't saw this info here, but I think it's important. Disk versions of Wipeout HD and downloaded ones have different products codes, so different saves. If you start on one, finish on it, as only online progress information will be shared. All your other progress must be done on one version only. I have both as I bought the disk first, but it was cheaper to buy the whole bundle again to get the Vita HD and Fury DLCs.

So if you started on disk and have some progress, better end it before selling the disk if you get the download version.

Stupid as hell.

23 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I tough that was actually the normal thing (at least on PS3, since I had it happen on several games that I own retail and got digitalgrom ps+)..

Maybe, but there are lots of PS3 games where disc and digital are perfectly compatible. I've used this to make use of DLC on PSNow quite a few times (most recently with Saint's Row 3).

8 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I tough that was actually the normal thing (at least on PS3, since I had it happen on several games that I own retail and got digitalgrom ps+)..

Not all games, but the incompatible ones are the vast majority. Some PS3 launch games had digital versions with compatible saves.

WipEout HD got a disc release one year after it's digital launch. The disc version also included the Fury DLC & All patches till fury release on the disc, it's more of a "GOTY" treatment, most GOTY versions (that includes the DLC & patches on disc) isn't compatible with the older versions for some reason

The disc version is rare as well, it didn't have many prints & It was only available in EU & Asia.

Still, the disc version is really nice to have. I still have to find a Asian version myself for my WO collection ;)

Edited by PRTM_CLUESCROL

45 minutes ago, PRTM_CLUESCROL said:

WipEout HD got a disc release one year after it's digital launch. The disc version also included the Fury DLC & All patches till fury release on the disc, it's more of a "GOTY" treatment, most GOTY versions (that includes the DLC & patches on disc) isn't compatible with the older versions for some reason

The disc version is rare as well, it didn't have many prints & It was only available in EU & Asia.

Still, the disc version is really nice to have. I still have to find a Asian version myself for my WO collection ;)

So true.. and you are starting to make me regret not had bought the only copy that I ever saw of it.. didn't knew it was THAT rare.. (used copy and disc was badly scratched..).. was to get it the same day that I got Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (I didn't even knew it had a disc release 2 days before buying it.. but that one was in great conditions! really felt like it was worth the 25€ it costed me, event after buying it digital a few years ago..)

5 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Not all games, but the incompatible ones are the vast majority. Some PS3 launch games had digital versions with compatible saves.

Ok, didn't knew of any..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon