Sargon's Path to Glory™

German_Atheist

Hi folks!
Yesterday I added some PS Plus time to my old account and was quite surprised about the mass of games I never played or even noticed. I'm actually not quite sure which of these games are worth the time, impossible to plat or easy to do. If you have any recommendation, please let me know. Here's the list:

• Altered Beast
  • Amnesia Collection
  • Astro Tripper
  • Awesomenauts
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Bound
  • Castle Crashers
  • Catherine
  • Chime Super Deluxe
  • Comet Crash
  • Comix Zone
  • Contracts Pass
  • Crash Commando
  • Crysis 2
  • CRYSIS 3
  • CUBIXX HD
  • Dead Nation
  • Dead or Alive 5
  • Dead Space 2
  • Dead Space 3
  • Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut
  • Demon's Souls
  • Der Herr der Ringe: Krieg im Norden The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Doki-Doki Universe
  • Double Dragon Neon Full Game Upgrade
  • Dungeon Punks
  • Elite-Pass
  • F1 RACE STARS
  • Far Cry 2
  • FEZ
  • Golden Axe
  • Grade
  • Hamsterball
  • Hitman 2: Silent Assassin HD
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Hitman: Blood Money HD
  • Hitman: Contracts HD
  • Hitman: Sniper Challenge
  • HOARD
  • Hue
  • Hustle Kings
  • Hydrophobia Prophecy
  • ICO Classics HD
  • inFamous 2
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
  • Joe Danger 2: The Movie
  • Joe Danger 2: The Movie TESTVERSION
  • Just Cause 2 Vollversion
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  • LittleBigPlanet 2
  • Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
  • Machinarium
  • Magic Orbz
  • Magic The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers
  • Mahjong Tales Ancient Wisdom
  • MALICIOUS
  • MARVEL Pinball
  • Mass Effect 3
  • METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN
  • Monster Jam Battlegrounds
  • MotorStorm Apocalypse
  • Mushroom Wars
  • NBA 2K14
  • Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
  • Okami HD
  • Outland
  • Pinball Arcade Full Game Unlock
  • PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
  • Plants vs Zombies
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  • Prince of Persia Classic
  • Proteus
  • Puppeteer
  • Pure Chess Park
  • Puzzle Fighter HD
  • Quantum Conundrum
  • R-Type Dimensions
  • Rag Doll Kung Fu Fists of Plastic
  • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Red Faction: Battlegrounds
  • Renegade Ops
  • RESIDENT EVIL 5 GOLD EDITION
  • Ricochet HD
  • Road Not Taken
  • Rock of Ages
  • Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
  • Secret Ponchos
  • Shadow of the Colossus Classics HD
  • Shank 2
  • SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED
  • Sky Fighter
  • Sky Force Anniversary
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
  • Sly Raccoon
  • Smash Cars
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Split Second Deadline-Pack
  • Sportsfriends
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Strider
  • Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
  • That's You!
  • The Cave
  • The Simpsons Arcade Game
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld
  • TowerFall Ascension
  • Trine 2: Complete Story
  • Trine 2
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  • Vanquish
  • Velocity 2X
  • Vessel
  • Guardians of Middle-Earth
  • Wakeboarding HD
  • Warhammer 40000: Space Marine
  • Worms Battlegrounds

Edited by Sargon
  • Like 2

You didn't get many responses so i'll comment on every game i played, bolded are the must plays). Its rare for me to do as detailed a response as this, I just don't like it when people dont feel like they are getting answered properly.

• Altered Beast (Easy trophies clunky gameplay but may have nostalgia value its before my time)
  • Astro Tripper (Simple sidecroller style spaceship shooting, easy I found it fun for the games length)
  • Awesomenauts (great game, but mainly its meant to be played online so you won't get much out of this unless you have local friend to play)
  • Batman: Arkham City (Excellent must play, plat is horrendously time consuming)
  • Castle Crashers (fun sidescroller beat em up, nightmare difficulty is bull shit with one hit kill deaths, and you need to do a horrendous amount of grinding to play it)
  • Catherine (each to their own, but the heavy dialogue bits interfere with the somewhat fun puzzle mechanics it is a hard game though)
  • Chime Super Deluxe (Crappy puzzle game)
  • Comet Crash (turret defence you eitehr love or hate these)
  • Comix Zone (excellent old school beat em up very hard, but abusable save system)
  • Crash Commando (online only from what i remember it will be dead online)
  • Crysis 2 (boring as hell, like really boring, i skipped 3 as well)
  • CUBIXX HD (stupidly hard puzzle game)
  • Dead Nation (excellent, its a very good top down twin stick shooter, more fun in coop but also much harder)
  • Dead or Alive 5 (very fun beat em up, but the newer versions are better)
  • Dead Space 2 (one of the best horror games on the system more jump scares then actual scares, but its a must play)
  • Dead Space 3 (if you like 2, but want more action focus and coop then you'll like this, as a SP game its not as good as 2 the level of hate it got was unwarranted)
  • Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut (Must play if you like horror and story, the gameplay is shoddy with out right terrible combat, but the rest makes up for it, its an openworld horror game, my favourite horror game of the PS3 era)
  • Demon's Souls (I prefer this to all the souls games, Id say this is worth at least trying, you'll work out very quickly if you are into it or not)
  • Der Herr der Ringe: Krieg im Norden The Lord of the Rings: War in the North (very fun game, but be wary of glitches, i played the whole thing 3 player coop and had a blast, and that was way beyond just doing the platinum, it has split screen)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution (must play, its an open world RPG, you can choose stealth or action, theres also the ability to talk yourself out of situations and multiple routes through levels loud, silent or both)
  • Doki-Doki Universe (crap and will freeze your sytem avoid like the plague)
  • Double Dragon Neon (difficult but fun old school beat em up)
  • Dungeon Punks (I played it a bit this seemed like a fun beat em up)
  • F1 RACE STARS (bad cart racing)
  • Far Cry 2 (very boring just play 3)
  • FEZ (good game, platformer with intersting mechanics)
  • Golden Axe (classic beat em up, double dragon and streets of rage 2 are way better though)
  • Hamsterball (a short and simple game, like a babies version of money ball)
  • Hitman 2: Silent Assassin HD (aged terribly, but a fun game, the AI is inconsistent Contracts and blood money are better, I would say try it)
  • Hitman Absolution (latest hitman game made everything have a linear path apart from ttwo levels, it has fun moments but a disappointment)
  • Hitman: Blood Money HD (This is essential to play one of the coolest games ever you can kill people in all kinds of ways and its amazing when you see the options, you can change disguises and rig traps, every level can be beaten with no one knowing you were there, which is true of the whole series)
  • Hitman: Contracts HD (The easiest of the hitman games, I enjoyed it Id recommend playing 2, contracts and blood money)
  • HOARD (vaguely amusing dragon game its twin stick but it gets boring fast)
  • Hue (excellent puzzle platformer, try it out)
  • Hustle Kings (its a good pool game, but its a pool game)
  • Hydrophobia Prophecy (considered one of the worst games on the system, it has cool water physics, but its a bad game)
  • ICO Classics HD (Most people would say this is essential, but its a very slow platformer with lots of hand holding, I thought shadow the colossus was leaps and bounds ahead)
  • inFamous 2 (best infamous game to date, like superheroes and open world you have to play this, read a summary of the first game or play it first)
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (overhyped crap)
  • Joe Danger 2: The Movie (fun, short simple puzzles, and minor platforming elements, definitely give it a try you might love it)
  • Just Cause 2 (must play, once you nail the fling mechanics you'll just love it more and more)
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (good rpg however keep in mind you get horribly overlevelled really quickly and the game becomes too easy, which is a real shame, its why i stopped playing)
  • LittleBigPlanet 2 (The story mode in itself is really fun for one playthrough)
  • Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (a so so indie game I liked the message, but the gameplay is very bland)
  • Machinarium (boring click and point game, I remember nothing about it that should say it all, easy trophies though)
  • Magic Orbz (its an arkanoid clone break stuff with a ball and bat, these are always fun for a few minutes)
  • Magic The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers ( i had never played magic and this was my introduction its a good game if you are willing to learn mechanics and are open minded enough to try a card game)
  • Mahjong Tales Ancient Wisdom (godawful, i thought this would be mahjong, its actualy a tile matching game)
  • MALICIOUS (people played this and made it looked cool, i played it and had no clue what to do and how to play, its hard but guides could probably explain the game)
  • METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN (Everyone should play every MGS)
  • Monster Jam Battlegrounds (awful)
  • MotorStorm Apocalypse (fun racing game, not as good as pacific rift as urban looks boring, but you will have fun with the campaign, theres earthquakes so the track shifts)
  • Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (youre a badass bounty hunter and using creatures to catch bounties, this game is uniqeu and brilliant try it)
  • Okami HD (Zelda style wolf RPG, this is a last, music and everything about it is great, i got a full walkthrough of this game on my channel from what I remember)
  • Outland (metroidvania with a system that you can change colour to become immue to certain projectiles, words can't explain why this game is so awesome)
  • PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate (average twin stick shooter, you can get away with skipping)
  • Plants vs Zombies (turret defence love or hate them)
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (more fun then people will make you think, the real issue is you can only score points with supers, the actual core fighting mechanics are great, its a smash bros clone)
  • Proteus (steaming pile of shit, its a walking simulator and literally thats it graphics are so bad you can't tell what things are either)
  • Puppeteer (mediocre platformer, it had potential but its missing a lot)
  • Puzzle Fighter HD (fun puzzle game, no trophies)
  • Quantum Conundrum (made by one of the portal team, it is physics puzzle, I'd recommend playing it if you liked portal its not as good but nothing is as good as portal)
  • R-Type Dimensions (side scrolling shooter not played it, but i definitely will it looks good)
  • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (not a bad game, but its pretty dull single player get a coop partner local or online and you'll have fun)
  • Red Dead Redemption (good game, but its standard rockstar affair its a tail of redemption, if you like cowboys you'll love it)
  • Renegade Ops (brilliant arcade syle twin stick shooter, drive cars through everything and blow shit up)
  • RESIDENT EVIL 5 GOLD EDITION (most fun RE game get a coop partner though local or online)
  • Road Not Taken (insanely hard puzzle game, i can't find words to describe why i liked it, there's something really cool about this game, i found it addictive a lot of people would hate it though)
  • Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (fun beat em up, ruined by a stupid difficulty curve where you need to grind at one point to beat stuff, happens two or three times)
  • Shadow of the Colossus Classics HD (Just play it you'll see why its great)
  • Shank 2 (think those cool hack and slash games if they were 2d sidescrollers this is the result, 1 had a better story this is still fun though)
  • SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED (awful I loved 1 but they ruined this sequel)
  • Sky Force Anniversary (currently playing this a hard shoot em up vertical scroller, i love it)
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (great 3d platformer)
  • Sly Raccoon (play this before thieves in time i loved both this is shorter and easier though)
  • Smash Cars (barebones racer)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (saves can be abused to make this easy, its a classic))
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (saves can be abused to make this easy, its a classic)
  • Split Second (this was a very cool racing game)
  • Sportsfriends (crap)
  • Streets of Rage 2 (i love this beat em up if i'm free i'll help you with trophies on this, my favourite game)
  • Strider (this is a fast paced platformer and fun to play)
  • Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars (prequel to rocket league with cookier pitches I prefer it to rocket league, it will likely be dead online but this will give you a lot of fun locally)
  • The Cave (pretty fun puzzle game, use a guide so you know who to pair with who, so you don't need to play it through so many times I did enjoy the puzzles though)
  • The Simpsons Arcade Game (classic arcade game more fun in coop local or online)
  • Thomas Was Alone (I hate this game, loads of ppl love it, its the worlds easiest platformer)
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld (this is a fun tomb raider, and has lots of cool swimming bits)
  • TowerFall Ascension (only fun with people locally)
  • Trine 2: Complete Story (good game, but its more fun in coop, its a puzzle platformer)
  • Trine 2 (this version is hilariously easy to pltinum you only need to beat 6 levels)
  • Vanquish (super fun must play, a third person shooter where being a badass will stop you being shot, you won't need cover if you can be enough of a badass)
  • Velocity 2X (stupidly fast and muscle memory required this is addictive and fun)
  • Vessel (I got bored very quickly its got lots of water puzzles, it rare i give up on a game this fast, so i think thats a testament to how boring it is)
  • Guardians of Middle-Earth (online servers dead and online only)
  • Wakeboarding HD (very simple water skiing game its extremely mediocre)
  • Warhammer 40000: Space Marine (so so third person shooter)
  • Worms Battlegrounds (its worms who doesn't like it)
Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot for your detailed post. There are actually a few games I already platted in the past but forgot to remove them from the list. Deus Ex and Amalur are for sure must plays. I have to organize my HDD space. It's just the original 80 GB drive and both games are over 10GB, just like some others too.

The two games from Team ICO have been on my bucket list for over a decade. I guess it's time to finally play that stuff. I also have to admit that I never played any of the Batman games. :blush:
I just remembered that I also still have the first Infamous as a present from Sony after the big PSN outage of 2011.

Edited by Sargon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sargon said:

Thanks a lot for your detailed post. There are actually a few games I already platted in the past but forgot to remove them from the list. Deus Ex and Amalur are for sure must plays. I have to organize my HDD space. It's just the original 80 GB drive and both games are over 10GB, just like some others too.

The two games from Team ICO have been on my bucket list for over a decade. I guess it's time to finally play that stuff. I also have to admit that I never played any of the Batman games. :blush:
I just remembered that I also still have the first Infamous as a present from Sony after the big PSN outage of 2011.

Definitely play infamous 1 and 2, i enjoyed the story and enemy variety way more than second son. its not essential to do good and evil path in the first game unless you are going for trophies, the second game a good and bad playthrough are definitely worth it as the game changes significantly.

Ico I find to be horribliy overrated. It wouldve been cool at the time, nowadays it feels barren and is really just a hand holding sim. SotC on the other hand is just breathtaking and has such good music.

Anyway i'm glad my post helped you out take care man :)

• Like 1