Need Advice from People who Buy Collector Edtions of Videogames

Leaderboards

1 hour ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I've bought a few collectors editions, namely the FFXIII trilogy, X/X-2 HD, Tales of Xillia and Graces. I bought FF13 and 13-2 at a shop called GAME, which is like Gamestop in the UK (As we don't have a Gamestop, but they are almost the same). In terms of online, I used Shop To for LR which was all good. I bought both the Tales games at HMV in store.

I never used Amazon for collectors editions as I've heard delays and what not with them from other people, and I usually pick based on the DLC bonuses as they can sometimes vary (as it did with Lightning Returns). 

I don't but CE's anymore though as I find them too expensive and not really worth it unless there's a physical gift involved. I've got a lot of Limited eds and day one editions which usually came with things like tote bags, a poster etc. 

You like FFXIII trilogy, I would have never guessed! :P

Yeah they getting too expensive. All I got this year was Persona 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn CE, the rest have been too expensive or uninteresting.

Edited by TurdFlingingApe

6 hours ago, Pershing24 said:

That said though EB Games probably isn't the best place either, the service isn't great, you don't save much money, and not the nicest workers. But their are convenient and have a great selection.

Maybe that's just your local shop though. I've never had a problem with the staff at any EB Games, the service is always great and they do price match too.

I'm not sure if I have anything to add, but don't ship anything from Amazon. They take so little care of their shipping that it will probably just get ruined. I've bought and returned so many comic collections from them that I just finally gave up.

Now, the Amazon Marketplace is a different story. Those guys/gals know their thing for the most part. But for CE of games (and, granted, I haven't bought many), I've usually used Best Buy.

15 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I'm not sure if I have anything to add, but don't ship anything from Amazon. They take so little care of their shipping that it will probably just get ruined. I've bought and returned so many comic collections from them that I just finally gave up.

Now, the Amazon Marketplace is a different story. Those guys/gals know their thing for the most part. But for CE of games (and, granted, I haven't bought many), I've usually used Best Buy.

No, your contribution to my thread is helpful.

I just got pissed the other day. I received my Axiom Verge Multiverse Edition, it's a simple little box, can't be that hard to protect, but nope, Amazon can't protect it. It had so many dents. I don't need it to be perfect, but it was too damaged for my taste. Had to return it, finally arrived at their location, but they are still processing the refund.

Now what happens if it was a more rare CE that would be out of stock most of the time. How will they be able to replace that?

Done with Amazon.