• open all coin lockers
  • watch all videos
  • complete a bunch of Clan Creator missions like in Yakuza 6
  • defeat all encounter bosses
  • eat at every restaurant, try every vending machine drink
  • have ten million yen
  • destroy three shop interiors during fights
  • take ten cell phone pictures

Pretty standard Yakuza game list with a few other features from recent Yakuza titles added in for good measure. Yakuza 6 was a really fast platinum but this one looks like it'll definitely clock in at over 100 hours.

Looks easier than the other Yakuza games. But like you said, it's probably more time consuming, not that 6 is a grindy platinum compared to other Yakuza games. A little surprised they used the same trophy images layout (If that's what you can call it or whatever) from 6 as well.

I'll just wait for a western release, if and when it happens.

Glad to see we're back to the series tradition of having to do literally everything rather than the watered down trophy requirements present in Yakuza 6. 

Now i'll just have to cross my fingers to see a western release date at PSX this week.

3 minutes ago, Happy said:

Glad to see we're back to the series tradition of having to do literally everything rather than the watered down trophy requirements present in Yakuza 6. 

Now i'll just have to cross my fingers to see a western release date at PSX this week.

Agreed. And unfortunately they have already confirmed that there will be no Yakuza localisation announcements at PSX. Source

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

Agreed. And unfortunately they have already confirmed that there will be no Yakuza localisation announcements at PSX. Source

What a shame. Good thing fans of the series are tested in the art of patience by now.

2 minutes ago, Happy said:

What a shame. Good thing fans of the series are tested in the art of patience by now.

Yeah, at least we're getting Yakuza 6 next year, so it's not all bad. I'm just glad they're localising the games at all considering how it was a few years back. We were kinda spoiled this year all things considered. :P

• 2 months later...
On 12/5/2017 at 7:42 PM, cckerberos said:

Since it likely won't be released in the West until 2019, there's no real pressing need for an announcement now.

I did like the theory that they don't want to hype Kiwami 2 too much because it makes Yakuza 6 look bad in comparison, though.

This makes perfect sense as Kiwami 2 is a lot more polished and 'complete' than Yakuza 6.