Elite Difficulty Question

SitusKiss

I'm finally going back to this and just started the final chapter, Visari Palace. I'm wondering if I can change the difficulty down to run through and familiarize myself with the layout. Then go back through on Elite to finish up. Will that affect my elite run trophy? I'd hate to have to start over since it has taken me a year of on and off playing it in little pieces.

In other words, for the Elite difficulty playthrough, do you have to do a full playthrough from start to finish without changing the difficulty? So far, that has been what I've done.

Edited by bmj14772

never change the difficult.. I would say yes changing the difficulty will affect the play-through. well, that was always My fear. just familiarize Urself step by step, cause that's how it's gonna feel. plus, in the court yard ain't no way as difficullt as in the palace.  :ninja:

While generally these fine folks are correct, Killzone 2 doesn't care what the fuck you do. It tracks your Elite progress based on each section of each level, so you could do the whole thing backwards or piecemeal and it would be totally fine. That's generally how you'd handle the no-deaths trophy as well - by playing the specific sections you died in over and over until you're good again.

So yeah, go ahead and run through it on Recruit to familiarize yourself; it won't affect the trophy in this case.

• Like 1

Like you, I postponed my Elite run because the daunting mp had put me off from the game entirely. Once I had decided to return and and get KZ2's plat, it was well over a year since I'd last played it. I didn't mess with the difficulty setting, but I think the above poster is correct in saying you can lower your difficulty setting and then replay those sections again on Elite later through chapter select. If you have any doubt, you could always back up your save on a flash drive or cloud to be sure you don't lose your progress.

• Like 1