Mammoth toy and the professor

wackt1

I'm following the guide but I'm kind of stuck at this point. I'm at the university and I'm supposed to give the mammoth toy to the professor studying the skeleton. The thing is, I can't give it to him because I can't find/use the prompt. How do I fix this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/12/2017 at 7:05 PM, wackt1 said:

I'm following the guide but I'm kind of stuck at this point. I'm at the university and I'm supposed to give the mammoth toy to the professor studying the skeleton. The thing is, I can't give it to him because I can't find/use the prompt. How do I fix this.

I don't know if you already figure it out but you need to select the mammoth first and then talk to him to give the toy.

5 hours ago, rwd1997 said:

I don't know if you already figure it out but you need to select the mammoth first and then talk to him to give the toy.

I have it selected but every time I click on him, it just goes to the list of different subjects to talk to him about.

13 hours ago, wackt1 said:

I have it selected but every time I click on him, it just goes to the list of different subjects to talk to him about.

maybe you need to talk to him about some subject or examine something first before giving the toy, there are a few times in the game you need to do this. Since you are following a gide try do redo some steps before this moment. You can always restart the game and since this game is very short and you are following a guide you will reach this part in 1 hour 

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, ElyssarArFeiniel said:

A bit late, but it sounds like you missed the part to pick the mammoth up from the train. The guide I was using had me place it in the trophy room on the train before leaving the toy factory. I knew I needed it as I had prechecked missable trophies so I took it as soon as we arrived at the Uni.

I go check, thanks for reminding me.

• 10 months later...

Not sure if you managed to get past this point, but I was having the same problem, even with the mammoth in my inventory and selected. Finally figured out, as mentioned above, you have to first talk to him about a specific topic before you get the prompt to hand it over. In this case, discuss 'Hans'. Once the conversation is over, you should be able to hand over the mammoth and progress.