Where's Jim Sterling when you need him?!

Dark771

Most internet celebrities only cover AAA titles when it comes to controversies so they can monetize it on their Youtube, Patreon or other means (Sterling doesn't monetize his Youtube videos btw). I don't think Jim really cares about this game, if anything this would be free advertisement for an obscure title that not much people know about.

• Like 1

Too many shit games releasing on the PSN to cover them all. And besides, Minecraft clones are hardly a new thing.

11 minutes ago, Aranea Highwind said:

Most internet celebrities only cover AAA titles when it comes to controversies so they can monetize it on their Youtube, Patreon or other means (Sterling doesn't monetize his Youtube videos btw). I don't think Jim really cares about this game, if anything this would be free advertisement for an obscure title that not much people know about.

Jim has made a living off covering bad/obscure games from Steam Greenlight, so I hardly think he cares about giving these games free advertisement. Also, I'm pretty sure he monetises all of his videos apart from The Jimquisition.

9 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Too many shit games releasing on the PSN to cover them all. And besides, Minecraft clones are hardly a new thing.

Jim has made a living off covering bad/obscure games from Steam Greenlight, so I hardly think he cares about giving these games free advertisement. Also, I'm pretty sure he monetises all of his videos apart from The Jimquisition.

He doesn't monetise any of his videos. All of them are ad-free, intentionally, because he gets his support through Patreon.

8 minutes ago, Queen Jennifer said:

He doesn't monetise any of his videos. All of them are ad-free, intentionally, because he gets his support through Patreon.

I mean if you say so. Haven't watched him in a while but I'm pretty sure that's how it used to be. Also, his Patreon only mentions The Jimquisition and other shows that come under that "brand".

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

I mean if you say so. Haven't watched him in a while but I'm pretty sure that's how it used to be. Also, his Patreon only mentions The Jimquisition and other shows that come under that "brand".

Regardless of what his Patreon does or doesn't mention, none of them are monetised. I can't even remember the last time, if ever, I saw one playing on any of his videos.

32 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I can also confirm this. There are never any ads on his videos. I usually watch them as they come out. I hear once they get claimed by another company for copyright, they get ads slapped on them for a bit. Not sure. I usually don't watch them too late. A lot of his videos get flagged though. Its fucked up. Very few of the big AAA companies like him. That's probably why I like him so much.