Very important info regarding save file corruption

UlvenFenrir

I want to add something very important. Regarding save file corruption, if you can, i recommend having a usb to back up your save file and not using the ps cloud to do so. (Because of the one save file problem) Reason being that its possible for the save to corrupt after quitting the game and turning off your ps4.

Yesterday i was playing capcom heroes dlc, made sure the game saved, quit out and backed up my save. The following day when i tried to load, it crashed to the dashboard everytime. I then went on to download my backed up save from the cloud, no dice, it kept giving me an error. This game can corrupt your save without saying its corrupted. First time i got a notification upon loading that it was corrupted, this time i didnt and the save file itself looked fine. I lost 4 hours of progress or so, you dont want to lose hours of progress when you go for the trials in the base game/mp. Starting the dlcs has nothing to do with corruption, all it takes is bad luck.

If you only have ps cloud and before qutting to the dashboard, i would recommend loading your save a couple of times after quitting to the main menu making sure it didnt corrupt so you dont accidentally upload and overwrite your existing save with the corrupted save.

This game is such a mess and capcom vancouver has had a full year to fix any issues for the ps4 release but they ported over a game with a game breaking issue. Really disappointed.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...