2017 Year in Review with PlayStation (e-mail)

DrEvilGuapo

I just received an e-mail from PlayStation with my personalized 2017 year in review.  Unfortunately, as I find with all of their 'personalized' e-mails, the data is wrong.  This fact seriously detracts from what otherwise would be a very fun review of an individual's annual gaming data.

It covered first game of 2017, first trophy of 2017, number of hours logged, top three most played games, and number of trophies earned.  The more complete report, which you can reach at a link, covers some other data including the most played games by the PSN community, the most time spent in online games, money saved through PS+ discounts, and a few other tidbits.

The e-mail errantly claims that I earned 2649 trophies in 2017 (versus the actual count of 2983), for an error rate of 11.2%.  My platinum trophy count was off by 8 (actual 76 versus 68 in their e-mail).  Even my 2016 data is still off (actual 2246 trophies versus 2191 in their e-mail; 2.4% error).  It also claimed that I earned my first platinum trophy in 2017 with South Park: The Fractured But Whole.  That, however, was platinum #116!  I shouldn't expect more from a service that still hasn't recognized my platinum in Horizon Zero Dawn (from back in March) and inaccurately reflects which titles have already been purchased in the PSN store.

I'd be interested to know if it is getting anyone's data correct.  It would be such a cool feature if they did.

Edit: for what it's worth, they did throw in this disclaimer pretty much saying the data is inaccurate.

LEGAL 
You found the magic egg! Well… maybe not. But we did want to let you know that your accomplishments were pulled from data through the end of 2017. While there may be some data latency and inaccuracies, we didn't want to spoil the fun of sharing your stats with you.

Edited by DrEvilGuapo
Added e-mail disclaimer.

8 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

Meh, I'm probably not interested in what they have to say. All they're going to do is tell me I've put in 1276 play hours into one game, 800+ in another, and a combined 5 hours into the rest of my collection since the end of April. Thanks, I already know that.

Lmao no doubt about that my friend. And I've noticed in the past year in review e-mails I've gotten they've been slightly wrong so wouldn't surprise me if it's all wrong again.

Yeah mine was way off as well. Trophies and game total. Their system for counting trophies for points is off too. They skipped 4 plats or games really since none of the trophies counted so far. If I wasn't getting something for free I would be more irritated by their lack of doing some simple stat gathering.

• Like 1

These are cool and it would be great if they were more accurate. I don't mind if they're off in hours played, since I would have no way to track that myself. But it says my first platinum "ever" was earned in 2017, being Cat Quest, which wasn't even my first platinum of 2017. Let alone first ever. I mean, come on. How do you get that part wrong?

Then again I still haven't gotten my Horizon platinum theme so... also says my most played online game was Killing Floor 2, but both Orcs Must Die Unchained [nearly 300 hours] and Marvel Heroes Omega [over 200 hours] are online games and are the top two most played games. xP

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1