Persona 5 help

abhinandhan22

4 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Started playing the game today and have been using the spreadsheet walkthrough found on Ps3trophies.org. I reached 4/17 and I can't get 2 lockpicks even after reloading my safe multiple times. Is it a must to get 2 lockpicks?

Do you mean when crafting lockpicks? If so, obtaining 2 of them from a single attempt is random and you can create more if you have the materials. You also get more attempts when leveling up Proficiency. Lockpicks are only used to open treasure chests and do not affect any trophy, except the one for crafting one of every tool.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

22 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Do you mean when crafting lockpicks? If so, obtaining 2 of them from a single attempt is random and you can create more if you have the materials. You also get more attempts when leveling up Proficiency. Lockpicks are only used to open treasure chests and do not affect any trophy, except the one for crafting one of every tool.

Hmm weird that the guide tries to urge you to get 2. I am assuming its so that you can get your proficiency level higher faster. Anyways thanks

7 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Hmm weird that the guide tries to urge you to get 2. I am assuming its so that you can get your proficiency level higher faster. Anyways thanks

There is probably two chests to open in the next area or something. But you can always craft the night before the boss, and backtrack to the box you missed.

Even if you can't get whatever is in that chest it can't be anything you need for any trophies. There's no real "must-have" gear either.

Also you've probably made up your mind about this already but using a spreadsheet walkthrough really ruins the game, especially on your first playthrough. Just try to max out your stats and do the rest in NG+ it's infintely more enjoyable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy said:

Even if you can't get whatever is in that chest it can't be anything you need for any trophies. There's no real "must-have" gear either.

Also you've probably made up your mind about this already but using a spreadsheet walkthrough really ruins the game, especially on your first playthrough. Just try to max out your stats and do the rest in NG+ it's infintely more enjoyable.

Alright thanks might just do thst considering it is annoying to follow every single step in the guide