About GameStop

El-Sublime-

Hi, i want to buy a code from GameStop - it says "digital download" but it asks me for an adress. The problem is that the adress must be on the US and i'm from Argentina. So my question is. ¿Can i put a fake adress and they will send me the code via email anyway? ¿Or they sell physical cards?

Thanks for reading.

1 hour ago, acookieman said:

You mean physical cards as in PlayStation Store cards?

No, i want digital codes. My problem is when i want to buy, it asks me for an US adress, however i live in another country but is a digital code, so why it needs my adress if they will send me the code via email?

I have tried buying with paypal (american account), but still can't buy from there. It's like they don't accept paypal funds, only credit card (mine is from my country it will not allow me).

A digital copy of a game then I assume? Also out of curiosity is your PSN account a "US" account.. just because if I'm not mistaken if you're trying to buy something that's only made for a specific region, there's a good chance it may not work. That's what I typically tell all of my customers who come into the store to get something for their friend in another country just to be on the safe side just because once you purchase this, they're unrefundable.

..so just for your sake, make sure you find out if US games can be downloaded to your PSN account. - If so you can easily put in a false address.. but I mean it also acts as a billing address too so it may raise some red flags for your bank because you're clearly not in the US as you've said.

1 hour ago, DuckSwimmer said:

A digital copy of a game then I assume? Also out of curiosity is your PSN account a "US" account.. just because if I'm not mistaken if you're trying to buy something that's only made for a specific region, there's a good chance it may not work. That's what I typically tell all of my customers who come into the store to get something for their friend in another country just to be on the safe side just because once you purchase this, they're unrefundable.

..so just for your sake, make sure you find out if US games can be downloaded to your PSN account. - If so you can easily put in a false address.. but I mean it also acts as a billing address too so it may raise some red flags for your bank because you're clearly not in the US as you've said.

Yes, my account is from the US. I tried putting a fake adress but it doesn't allow me anyway because my credit card has an adress that don't match with the fake one. So, what a shit of service, selling digital codes but only in his region... what a joke

4 hours ago, AN0n1m8 said:

No, i want digital codes. My problem is when i want to buy, it asks me for an US adress, however i live in another country but is a digital code, so why it needs my adress if they will send me the code via email?

I have tried buying with paypal (american account), but still can't buy from there. It's like they don't accept paypal funds, only credit card (mine is from my country it will not allow me).

I don't know why, but I'm reading your posts out loud like someone is speaking with a heavy Russian accent, and it's making me snort. Sadly I'm not even inebriated...

Anyway, they ask for a US address to confirm that you are a US resident. So they don't deal with the good ol', "WTF YOU MEAN THIS DON'T WORK IN MY COUNTRY OF IRAN? YOU SOLD ME I EXPECT SATISFACTION!!!".

A bullshit address, something as plain as 123 fake street, will be fine. Look up a real state and postal code and you'll be okay

Well, assuming you pay with Paypal. If you're paying with a CC, then the billing address usually has to match the address on the card itself...

Edited by Valyrious