Anyone have problems with Necrophage cards not syncing to the Collectibles menu?  SPOILERS

big_bob002

I'm following a YouTube guide.  I've picked up all of them before entering the attic.  The next one I'm supposed to pick up is right next to the hatch you open where you get attacked.  

However I only have 43 so far.  I read a guide on another site that says I should have 46 before entering the attic.  I don't know if I picked them all up and the count at the main menu is off, or if I should start over and hope they all register this time?  

I'm hoping the menu is wrong and the game will give the trophy since I actually picked them all up. 

I had a similar problem. There were two different guides I followed. Both had numbered the cards wrong, but they did show all the cards. The game either doesn't save a card correctly, or I just accidentally missed one. 

I'd advise to start a new playthrough and make a backup save game every 10 or so cards. Check to see if all your cards are there before making the backup! It's tedious, but that's what I did. That's how I got the platinum. I played before the most recent patch. Happy hunting!

Wanted to do a quick follow up in case it helps people in the future.  I went back through the guide to all the cards that weren't in dream sequences and none were there.  I'm 99% sure the game did indeed glitch.

I restarted and backed up my saves.  The irony being that this time none of the cards glitched.

• 1 year later...

Just got my platinum and no glitches with the nanophage cards, but I discovered a potential cause of the glitch:

When picking up a nanophage card, do not move (left stick), stand still and collect the card quickly (press circle)... in my play through I accidentally moved when holding the card, and it then disappeared like it would when collected, but it did not count in the collectibles (and I didn't get to press circle to collect it). That would explain why it was not visible on the ground, but still glitched since I didn't get to press circle to collect, and it was not in the collectibles.

So, when picking up nanophage cards, immediately collect it by pressing circle, but do not move when holding the card (seeing the card)... it is ok to look at the card, rotate it if you want to see it, but stand still meanwhile.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Not sure if it’s due to a patch, but I had the opposite glitch: I started again from scratch after playing for a few hours last year, and I got the 10-card trophy when I picked up... the 4th card. Will update when/if I get the full collection trophy as to whether I get it at 63 cards or not.

EDIT: The same happened with Observer and KPD Open Up...

Edited by visighost