The Inpatient opinion thread

shakie19

Having had the VR since release, i've not really used it much. Partly due to work and partly due to me feeling a gaming burnout. 

But this year i've had a thirst for gaming again platting 4 games (3.5 really as one is telltale batman) and seeing the trailer for the inpatient i was like wow i must get that. But before i do i was after a few opinions of it. 

How does it play? is it beneficial that i play until dawn first? Worth it? Any issues with it?

I don't usually care about reviews or opinions because i believe that everyone's taste is different, but, i have such a huge backlog of games i need to through it's beyond a joke. 

shakie19.png

I liked it and i think it's beneficial if you played (and liked) until dawn, of course, but it's also quite alright on its own.

The game is rather slow paced and short, and i didn't have any problems with motion-sickness whatsoever, which is a plus ;)

Overall the "horror" is okay, nothing special or ground-breaking, and there is basically just one small jump-scare scene near the beginning of the game, iirc. 

So if you dislike jump-scares, it's not a problem in this one (besides the one scene early on).

platinum is short and easy, too. two playthroughs (one good, one bad) plus one backup save in the "bad" playthrough, that's it. can be done in 4-5h easily. in fact i did it in one, continuous session, which kinda confirms my impression that motion-sickness or other discomfort is not really a problem here. i definitely had more problems in other games like robinson, for example.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dernop said:

I liked it and i think it's beneficial if you played (and liked) until dawn, of course, but it's also quite alright on its own.

The game is rather slow paced and short, and i didn't have any problems with motion-sickness whatsoever, which is a plus ;)

Overall the "horror" is okay, nothing special or ground-breaking, and there is basically just one small jump-scare scene near the beginning of the game, iirc. 

So if you dislike jump-scares, it's not a problem in this one (besides the one scene early on).

platinum is short and easy, too. two playthroughs (one good, one bad) plus one backup save in the "bad" playthrough, that's it. can be done in 4-5h easily. in fact i did it in one, continuous session, which kinda confirms my impression that motion-sickness or other discomfort is not really a problem here. i definitely had more problems in other games like robinson, for example.

Great read. I was planning on getting until dawn soon anyway. I’ve not had issues with motion sickness, yet! 4-5 hour plat would suit me right down to the ground with all my other games I have. 

The horror side wouldn’t bother me as it’s them type of games I enjoy

• 3 months later...

I've never played Until Dawn but I did pick this game up and do 2 full playthroughs of it and I enjoyed my time with it. The first time through the jump scares got me but playing the 2nd time they didn't. The story was really well told and I like the characters for the most part. It's a solid VR title.

On January 31, 2018 at 11:02 PM, shakie19 said:

Having had the VR since release, i've not really used it much. Partly due to work and partly due to me feeling a gaming burnout. 

But this year i've had a thirst for gaming again platting 4 games (3.5 really as one is telltale batman) and seeing the trailer for the inpatient i was like wow i must get that. But before i do i was after a few opinions of it. 

How does it play? is it beneficial that i play until dawn first? Worth it? Any issues with it?

I don't usually care about reviews or opinions because i believe that everyone's taste is different, but, i have such a huge backlog of games i need to through it's beyond a joke. 

shakie19.png

I'm with you brother. I'm in the same shit with my huge backlog games.

• 4 months later...