So I'm trying to make this massive open-world game

B4d4ssHunt4r

I won't reveal the title for the game yet nor the contents for that game but it's about the mashup of most if not all AAA games into one. It will be a realistic yet very colorful world as well as having plenty of cool gaming attributes that come from games like Deus Ex, Fallout, Saints Row, GTA, Resident Evil, and many more games. If this is something that sounds interesting to you. Please let me know in the comments section and we'll have a discussion about it without spilling too many beans or contain many spoilers.

I feel like this market is oversaturated with games with already unique games especially since there a few upcoming unreleased open world games (cyberpunk 2077 and Death stranding) that you have to compete with) financially and with popularity.  Combining elements might break or make your game, though you might be able to do it if you put your own spin on it. Also, if you're going to do an open world, make sure you put a lot of things to do in it and make it interactive enough; this is partly why I didn't like MGSV from recent memory.

What interests me about this idea is that it is completely unrealistic without a massive team that will take years, if not decades, to get to a functional state.  So, in my opinion, forget about the whole AAA mashup idea.  

I assume you’re planning on making a first or third person shooter based on the games that you mentioned by name.  I think that is great and you should do that because it is semi focused and it is where your interests are.  It’s important to establish an identity so I’d focus on these three things first.

Payment Model (Choose 1): F2P / Subscription

Game Genre (Choose 1): FPS / TPS

Content Genre (Choose 1 or 2): Comedy / Horror / Action

Sorry, I don’t mean to come off as negative.  Not a lot of info was given in the OP though and this game sounds like it is more of a passing thought.  If you want an MMO that implements a lot of different ideas into one game though I’d suggest Mabinogi.  That game is also the reason for my warning to just focus on a set genre.

I'm not actually making this game, I'm trying to get a developer to make it for me and with wackt1's post either this game will make it or break it based on the elements I use from some games as well as my own ideal elements that I come up with. So far, I've sent letters to ten different publishers/developers about a "proof of concept" video but I know it's going to be a longshot but you never know. I may get a letter back or I may not get a single letter back from any of them within a month or two. If I don't get any letters back from them, then I'll send a few more. Until then, it's been a fun ride. And yes wackt1, there will be plenty of things to do and interactives in my own open-world game :)

I suggest forming a company, hiring developers and other people required to create the game you have an idea for. If the idea you're pitching to publishers is great, there's a risk of a brain rape - a company with the required production staff and connections will just take your idea and you'll get nothing out of it. Best of luck to your project in any case!

• Like 2