Can you use Devil's Horns in DLC?

Leaderboards

You got to play Pure Survival mode for one of the DLC trophies, can you use Devil's Horns? Which save file should I start the DLC from, Pure Survival, Classic, or Normal save file? If I update the game to patch 1.02, will that stop me from using the Devil's Horns in the DLC?

Thanks!

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up

3 minutes ago, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

You got to play Pure Survival mode for one of the DLC trophies, can you use Devil's Horns? Which save file should I start the DLC from, Pure Survival, Classic, or Normal save file? If I update the game to patch 1.02, will that stop me from using the Devil's Horns in the DLC?

Thanks!

IIRC it's possible.

Yes you can as long as you delete the patch and you need to uninstall the dlc before you do the trick to use the devil horns

Here's steps from a guide

1. Complete Classic Mode (WITHOUT INSTALLING AWAKENING DLC)
2. Delete your game data if you have Patch 1.01 or higher.
3. Backup your save files to a USB drive to be safe.
4. Re-download any DLC that you purchased from the PSN Store EXCEPT for Awakening DLC or you won't be able to proceed
5. Load the game, but do NOT install any patches. Load your Classic Mode save file so that the game detects that you've completed it
6. Select New Game+ from your Classic Mode save file and choose to start either Pure Survival or Hardcore, or load up your existing Pure Survival or Hardcore save files.
7. You will get a message saying Devil's Horn have been unlocked.
8. Play Pure Survival or Hardcore up to Chapter 3 or resume from your last save file, check the first workbench you come to and look at your inventory for the Devil's Horn. Equip them then save and quit.
9. If you wish to continue playing Co-op, re-download your Online Pass from the PSN store then reinstall the patch. Doing this will not remove the Devil's Horns.

Edited by HailHale81
  • Like 3

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/6/2024 at 11:53 PM, WeeJ87 said:

So the devil horns can be played with the dlc installed after you equip them in base game then play dlc with the horns

so...? did you use horns in dlc? I notice you 100%d DS3

• Like 1