Mugen Souls Z guide for masochists

NanaCheese94

12 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Thats why I said raise your damage carnival to farm Gold to enhance your equipment...

Keep in mind which stat is your characters best one, and buy equipment and use skills according to that. Skills do have an affinity towards certain stats.

Increase Damage Carnival 2 levels - went to that farming stop where I was usually getting 300k-400k. Now I am getting 3m-5m and sometimes 6m-8m. I am going to get 5m MP to get the next upgrade, hopefully that helps it even more!

Which BTW, should I bother with the 1 trillion G right now? Sitting at 54m, farming in that one spot would be fine and then once I get the trophy I can dump all the G into upgrades. Or should I put it off for now?

3 minutes ago, DrHambone said:

Increase Damage Carnival 2 levels - went to that farming stop where I was usually getting 300k-400k. Now I am getting 3m-5m and sometimes 6m-8m. I am going to get 5m MP to get the next upgrade, hopefully that helps it even more!

Which BTW, should I bother with the 1 trillion G right now? Sitting at 54m, farming in that one spot would be fine and then once I get the trophy I can dump all the G into upgrades. Or should I put it off for now?

That feels good right? It will be even better once you upgrade damage carnival even more.

I wouldnt worry about the money trophy, it'll be super easy later. The Mugen Point trophy took much longer for me, because it's not that easy to farm it like money.

BTW, I HIGHLY advise you to read this whole thread:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/696376-mugen-souls-z/69910872

It helped me a lot.

Edited by NanaCheese94

On 3/5/2018 at 6:41 PM, NanaCheese94 said:

So this is not complete yet, but I will add to it later and structure it better.

First things first: Yes, this game is a grind. It WILL take you a good amount of hours, but I hope I can reduce a bit of confusion with this guide and make it more straightforward.

This is by NO means an expert guide. I’m a complete idiot who somehow wriggled my way through the game without understanding anything (well, until now) This is mostly a collection of the things I learned and I hope it will help you too so you don’t have to search for it all over the internet.

I will address the problems that I had with the game and explain the solutions. Maybe you won’t have the same problems because you’re not a brick like me, but here goes anyways:

Trophies that will come naturally or are super easy, don't worry about them:

• All the World Master trophies. At the end of your second Play through youll have all of them.
  • Clearer of Games
  • "50 Floors deep", "100 Floors deep" and "All tied up"

The Mugen field is an essential part, as is clearing all floors. You will eventually be able to easily clear it. My suggestion is to use powerful AOE skills and work on your Agility, as well as your characters best stat. Should be a piece of cake once you get the hang of it.

"All tied up" only requires you to clear the very first Floor with everything enabled. Absolutely no problem.

• All Damage related trophies. While 10'000'000 and 100'000'000 might take a while, they will come naturally. If nothing helps, use Syrmas Ultimate Soul Attack.
  • The trophies that require you to do something for the first time. Pretty self explanetory
  • Level Up trophies

Belive it or not, your level does not matter much. Equipment is much more important in the beginning, and being low Level/not raising your level cap will make the Mugen field easier. Once your able to clear the Mugen field on high bets, levels will just come pour in. Once you reach 9999 you'll want to concentrate on Peon fusion and realise, it wasn't worth it to worry about levels. (explained later)

• The Edges of the Universe

For this one, please read the section about how to use Blast Off. Essentially, you need to raise your counter to 999 and then use a Blast Off Skill with the "Float" attribute with full power.

Which free DLC should I download before starting:

All of them dude, it’s free! It is pretty annoying the way the PSN store is set up and I didn’t bother to find out what each DLC does BUT one of them gives you very good weapons for free that will carry you until post game.

I’m stuck in the story and don’t know where to go:

Sometimes (especially if you don’t read the story) you will be lost without a quest marker and wondering what to do next. Almost always the solution is capturing planet spots. Usually, you will get an event after capturing half of the planet spots in an area. If that’s not the case, go to the next area. If there still is no quest marker, it maybe is somewhere on the main hub.

An item I need for a planet spot doesn't show up in the shop:

This happens when you don't have found the materials yet to craft the items. In the main settings of the game there is an option to enable "auto sale" of materials. There is no good reason to not enable this option, because you need to sell the items anyways to craft. The only item you need is Platin Ingot x2 for a planet spot in the ost game world. But you can easily farm that when youre at that point so dont worry.

Some materials are only found in the mugen field, and even though it might seem hard at first to reach certain levels on certain bets it will all work out once you enhance your equipment. (explained later)

Use the Mugen souls wiki to find out where to farm materials for certain items

http://mugen-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_list_(Mugen_Souls_Z)

http://mugen-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_list_(Mugen_Souls_Z)

Typing in the name of the material in the search works very well. It's the one thing that is extremly well documented on the wiki for some reason.

If one of the items you wish to craft needs a weapon or armor as material you need to sell that thing to the shop manualy. 99% of the time you do have the material to craft and just haven't sold it to the shop.

I can’t proceed because of green teleportation nodes, or how to use Fusion abilities:

A list of abilities: http://mugen-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion_Abilities

Sometimes you need to change your Fusion ability to proceed. The way this works is not well explained by the game. Certain planet spots will give you Fusion ability upgrades (for example Ultimate Hunt, which let’s you open chests) You need to approach the planet spot with the specific icon and click on it to gain the upgrade. You can only have one Upgraded ability at one time. This is why you can’t use the green teleportation node even though you captured its node because you have some other Upgrade active!

Learning this will also make it easier for you to get all the chests around the map in a logical order, just be wary of which upgrade is active at the moment.

I am constantly broke:

Money (G) is the most important thing in this game. To get it, you need to make use of Fever Time. If you’re like me, you never use it until you’re stuck against an enemy who one shots you because you never bothered to upgrade your equipment. To enable fever time, you can either charm one of the small crystals or piss off the big crystal (that works best) then blue balls will appear in the sky. You’ll have to catapult the enemies into those blue balls by using attacks with “float” blast off type.

Step one to get Money is to upgrade your Damage Carnival. You can upgrade it in the Mugen Field Rest stops. It will cost you quite a lot of Mugen Points, but it’s worth it, believe me. So don’t spend all of your points on other things yet and concentrate on clearing the Mugen field to Floor 100 on a 100 Mugen points bet. I have read that if you don’t upgrade your level cap, the enemies until Floor 100 will be easier. Keep that in mind, and instead of leveling, enhance your equipment. (explained later on)

Once you have upgraded your Damage Carneval use the method shown in this video:

Reveal hidden contents

The Guy in the video is doing it outside of the Mugen Field with a fully upgraded Damage Carnival, that’s why he get’s more money than you will get in the beginning. Once you can consistently clear the Mugen field (even if its just on a 100MP bet) you will be able to rack in some serious cash using this method on every floor.

Use this method of money farming early. Don’t be like me and only find out about it due to frustration. Be smart.

How Blast off works:

blast_off.jpg
free image hosting

There are two reasons to use Blast Off. fever Time Money and moving enemies out of the way. But here the basics first:

The red marked counter on top shows how much Blast Off Power you have available. The other two marked areas are stats of your Skills. You need the ability "Float" for fever time money. The Stat Blast Off+ indicates how much Blast Off power you add to the counter by using this skill.

If you use any Skill with Blast Off enabled, you will use up the points that you have accumulated. But at the same time, if you choose a Skill with 500 Blast Off+ like in the image, but only use, say 200 Power for the attack you will still add 300 points to the counter. I hope this makes sense. You can take some time to accumulate Blast off points by using skills without enabling blast off first, but when using skills with High Blast Off+ stats you get instantly 500 points that are enough in almost all circumstances.

For fever time, it is important that every character has at least one skill with float and Blast Off+ 500. Smaller enemies take less power to catapult into the orbs, but big ones need a lot.

In the Mugen field, enemies will sometimes stand within the range of a small crystal that makes them invincible. In that case you need to use Blast off (not necessarily with float) to push them out of the small crystal range. Otherwise you can't damage them.

How to use your Gold and G-up:

So idk if you have noticed, but you can actually enhance your Equipment at the item shop to make it better. Enhancing is the one thing that will consistently and quickly raise your stats but it takes a lot of money. In order to enhance your Equipment to max, you need to upgrade it first by using G-ups. You get those when going through the Mugen field, and after a few runs you should have quite a bunch of those.

When enhancing it’s important to always go from Level 1 to level 999 in one swoop because that way you’ll get more bonuses than doing it step by step.

How to get the True End:

Important info: You can’t get the “Devourer of Worlds” without the true End. Once you see the normal end, you can start a new game plus which will let you keep your equipment and levels on characters, but will reset all the worlds. So even if you have 300% on a World, you’ll have to do that again in the second play through.

However, it’s better to do a second playthrough aynways, because you NEED 15% charm level on every affinity before being able to get the true end. So my suggestion is to Capture everything and get every chest you can in the first playthrough and just move on.

Here are the actual steps to reach the true end in the 2nd play through:

1.       Have 15% Charm Level on every affinity.

2.       In Chapter 7 go through the mugen field to Rest Floor 10 and view all the events.

3.       When you reach Chapter 13 again, don’t go fight Ace. Go back to the Mugen field.

4.       This time go through Rest stop 30 and 60. There will be more events. You can leave the field after viewing the events on Floor 60.

5.       Now there will be a quest marker on the main hub area. Make a save, because this will lead you to fight the Sun Goddess who might actually be a bit of a challenge depending on your level and equipment.

6.       After beating her, you are now set on the true end, so go beat Ace now. He will be a bit stronger than last time though. This will unlock the final chapter.

7.       I wont spoil the final chapter for you now, but it’s business as usual so go fight, win and enjoy your “All Must End” trophy.

All_Must_End.png

Finding and beating the Moon God:

So this is where the game will start punishing you for ignoring it’s mechanics. Mainly the gold farming methods and Equipment upgrading.

In order to fight the Moon God you will have to go through the entire post game first. This consists of fighting Doppelgängers of all the characters you met in (more or less) chronological order. Once you capture half of the Planet Points on Awakening World you will be instantly thrown into a fight with the first Doppelgänger (Tioni) So make sure you save before doing that.

The Doppelgängers are very strong and have tons of HP. If you are like me, they will overpower you almost instantly. There are two ways to beat them: 1. The hard way of fighting them regularly and killing them 2. The cheesy way of Moe charming the big Crystal and winning instantly. (I’ll explain this later)

The order of Doppelgänger after Tioni is starting with Ace in Ivory World and then the normal route from the main game through all worlds. The last Doppelgänger is Syrma on Rose World.

After defeating the Doppelgängers you can go fight the Moon God on Rest stop 100 in the Mugen field.

Take_that_moon_god.png

Charming the big Crystal (aka cheesing your way through the post game):

So the easiest way to deal with any overwhelming force in this game is to moe charm the big crystal on the field. I did not know this until almost rage quitting at fighting the Ace Doppelgänger. All credit goes to this guy and his video for being a serious game changer in the most literal sense:

Reveal hidden contents

To elaborate: the big crystal is not affected by your charm level. You will have the exact same effect on it if you have charm level at 1% or at 100%.

By managing to charm it, it will peon everything on the battlefield. So what you need to do is survive until that point. In the post game after getting the true ending you will be able to add Chou-Chou to your team. She is also able to use Moe-Charming and is absolutely necessary if you want to charm the big crystal. Surviving can sometimes be tedious and might require you to restart the fight a few times.  So here a few tips:

1.       Top priority is to have Syrma and Chou-Chou be in Hyper affinity form because then their mobility is the highest.

2.       Use chocolates to revive team members and position them strategically. If one character manages to survive the initial blow of the enemy attack they can use the chocolate to revive. When doing this, always position the non-charming character first as close to the big crystal as possible, because that will increase the range of hwere to place the rest of the characters. This way, you are sometimes able to place Syrma and Chou-Chou right at the big crystal without them having to move at all.

3.       Use your non-charming chars to distract the enemy. It’s usually enough to keep them close to the enemy, and attacking them. Syrma and Chou-Chou and the crystal are usually far away enough to be let alone. Also, after charming they still have their action to revive their friends.

4.       Charming the Crystal may seem tough in the beginning, but you’ll quickly get a feeling for it. There isn’t much to say about it, but it’s generally better to use the second two options instead of the first 100% one since that tends to piss off the Crystal more often.

I managed to beat all the Doppelgängers, the Moon God, Seven World Redux, Mugen World Redux and even Absurdity World by using JUST this method. It’s possible. You just need to be lucky on the first turn and not get wiped.

Seven.png
world.png

Why do I see people on the Internet constantly talk about Shampuru farming with a Bazooka:

I only found this out yesterday too. There is no magical, Shampuru farming Bazooka in the game BUT the range of your charming ability is directly dependant on the range of your equiped weapon. The Bazookas tend to have the biggest range, which allows you to charm everyone on the field at the same time. Mystery solved.

Don't use the bazooka if you do the cheesy big Crystal method I explained earlier, because you risk pissing off the enemies while charming the crystal. This will result in them not being wiped even if you succeed in charming the crystal. I learned that the hard way.

What team did you use:

My chars are all equipped with free DLC weapons

For the main story I used Syrma (hyper affinity mostly) equipped with a Scythe (“Attribute” I think) Later on I gave her the “Artemis Wand”. Nao equipped with “Dual Defenders”, Bertram equipped with “Peacemaker” and Supra equipped with scythe “Attribute”

In the post game I switched out Nao with Chou-Chou (Hyper affinity) and gave her the “Dual Defenders”.

From what I’ve read it doesn’t matter which characters you favor. In the end, it all depends on what skills you like to use. Bertram has a very powerful skill called “Strong Arms” that I use often, but I think there could be better characters. (Ijust stuck with him)

Supra is extremely good with the Scythes and was my strongest character for a long time. She has an AOE skill called “Round Circle Zero” this skill together with an upgraded “Attribute” almost single handedly carried my whole team through the Mugen field the first times around.

Now, with a bit more experience Syrma and Chou-Chou also have ranged Skills called “Grand Lion” and also “Round Circle Zero” With enough agility, these 3 characters can use those attacks one after another in the Mugen field an wipe everything without even trying.

How to use Peon Fusion to raise stats:

At this point, I’m also still learning this. Please refer to this topic for now where it is explained by @acasser the thread in general is very helpful.

I want to break it down a little. Your main characters as well as Peons have base stats that get better and better with each level up. Once you reach Lvl 9999 you can't gain better stats anymore without using better equipment or Peon fusion.

The way this works is that different peons have different base stats. For example a Lancer class has more base HP than any other class. The way peon fusion works is that you merge two peons and add the difference between their base stats to the character who receives.

Example:

Peon 1 has 50 Base HP. Peon 2 has 100 Base HP. 

You want Peon 1 to have more HP, so you use it as base and merge Peon 2 into Peon 1.

When the merge is done both Peons are reduced back to lvl 1 but now Peon 1 will have 100 Base HP, because the difference got added to it.

The base stats of Peon 2 remain the same.

It makes sense to merge different peon classes together, because that way the difference between base stats is bigger. Every newly created peon is slightly different from the other within it's class. The base stat gain will naturally be bigger if you merge 800HP to 200HP (character end up with 600HP) instead of 803HP to 800HP. (Character ends up with 803HP)

Additionaly, you want to do the merging only when the characters are both on lvl 9999. You can do it earlier, but you're missing out on nice Boni that way. Peon fusion will also transfer any Conditional and Battle skills to the receiving character, which is useful since Peons have some really useful ones.

Onceyou have done this whole process a few times, you'll basically have created a super soldier. NOW you merge your super soldier into one of your main characters and voilà, your main character isn't a wimp anymore. (Once he's leveled up again) It takes some time, patience and precision, but it really is an interesting concept and should work quite well.

no offense but why not make a guide instead of creating a topic that's probably gonna be lost in the forums? 

anyways huge respect for all of that! :) 

5 minutes ago, SniperEliteDido said:

no offense but why not make a guide instead of creating a topic that's probably gonna be lost in the forums? 

anyways huge respect for all of that! :) 

Because I'm a cheesy idiot who is barely getting by. All of this is stuff that I figured out while sliding hard on the edge of rage quitting. I made tons of mistakes. IF I make a proper guide out of it, it will only consist of the bare minimum of knowledge because I am definitely not the right person to lecture about anything more.

So it will probably stay kond of a QnA type of deal. I doubt a real guide would be approved anyways on this basis.

I kind of want to link all the gamefaq links here too, but I'm not sure if thats allowed.

Edited by NanaCheese94

3) create an Assassin Queen(Fighter, 4th female)
create an Oracle(Juggernaut, 3rd female)
create an Acolyte(Wizard, 1st male)
create a Red Lotus Captain(Lancer, 3rd male)
create a Wild Summon Master(Summoner, 4th male)
create a White Butler(Servant, 4th male)

4) put Assassin Queen, Oracle, Acolyte, Red Lotus Captain, Summon Master, White Butler into the sub-party and go to the mugen field
level the Acolyte to 25 to unlock his Resist Death conditional skill
unlock conditional skill slots for Syrma (or Chou-Chou) and other 4 characters/peons (3 slots minimum, 4[max] if you can)
meanwhile buy this conditional skills
Oracle: Golden Runner (Mugen Field 60 Floor, 50000Mugen Points)
Red Lotus Captain: Front Wall (Mugen Field 60 Floor, 50000 Mugen Points)
Assassin Queen: Invisible (Mugen Field 100 Floor, 50000 Mugen Points)
Wild Summoner Master: Summon Aura (Mugen Field 100 Floor, 250000 Mugen Points)
and buy this skill
White Butler: Ex-Revive S (Mugen Field 100 Floor, 50000 Mugen Points)

5) return to G-Castle, fuse Syrma or Chou-Chou with Oracle, Assassin Queen and Acolyte
fuse the other 4 peons with Red Lotus Captain, Wild Summon Master and White Butler (you can do it without the Wild Summon Master, but it's better this way, also fuse them with the Acolyte if you want Resist Death and you don't want to farm Resist Death Matters for now)

6) equip Syrma/Chou-Chou with Resist Death, Invisible, Golden Runner as conditionals and an high HP boosting equip
go to a dungeon/map/rest stop, remove the HP equip from her and equip it again: now every battle you enter you are immune to almost every physical/magical/death attacks with her, making it really easy to Item/Moe kill anyone, even the dopplegangers

@NanaCheese94

I am really tempted to do this right here from the link you sent. I could run through all the doppelgangers. Although I'm scared to spend the time to do it only for it to not work effectively for me or I can only frenzy/berserk charm them or something else negative. If I were to do it, I'd do it to Chou-Chou as she is at her max level of 1000 rather than reset Syrma at 2500~. 

9 hours ago, DrHambone said:

@NanaCheese94

I am really tempted to do this right here from the link you sent. I could run through all the doppelgangers. Although I'm scared to spend the time to do it only for it to not work effectively for me or I can only frenzy/berserk charm them or something else negative. If I were to do it, I'd do it to Chou-Chou as she is at her max level of 1000 rather than reset Syrma at 2500~. 

The conditional skills work if you put them on Syrma and Chou-Chou. I didn't use this method exactly as it is described, but I followed it to get all the conditional skills. It helps because after Syrm or Chou-Chou die and have been resurected, they are likely to dodge any attack because of the conditional skills.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

The conditional skills work if you put them on Syrma and Chou-Chou. I didn't use this method exactly as it is described, but I followed it to get all the conditional skills. It helps because after Syrm or Chou-Chou die and have been resurected, they are likely to dodge any attack because of the conditional skills.

Ok, I guess I will give this a shot with Chou-Chou since she is the lover level! I'd love to do it to Syrma but I really don't want to level her up all this way again.

Once Chou-Chou has the skills, regardless of level, when I actively know I am going to do a hard fight I could change Syrma's LVL 200 equipment to Chou-Chou so her ATK is pretty high so she can do damage if needed. But the main point for the conditions is to survive and Charm the Big Crystal right?

Edited by DrHambone

3 hours ago, DrHambone said:

Ok, I guess I will give this a shot with Chou-Chou since she is the lover level! I'd love to do it to Syrma but I really don't want to level her up all this way again.

Once Chou-Chou has the skills, regardless of level, when I actively know I am going to do a hard fight I could change Syrma's LVL 200 equipment to Chou-Chou so her ATK is pretty high so she can do damage if needed. But the main point for the conditions is to survive and Charm the Big Crystal right?

Yes thats it. You will understand it better once you read the descriptions of the proposed skills.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, NanaCheese94 said:

Yes thats it. You will understand it better once you read the descriptions of the proposed skills.

WOW!

So I did it with Chou-Chou (getting to 1000 again took two doppelganger fights). I will increase her conditional skills to 4 slots but she has 3 with the 100% missed physical and magic attacks skills equipped. My other two members have the 50% nullified physical and magical attack skills.  Syrma hasn't been reset/fused so I'll just leave her as is. Slaughtered about 3/4ths of the doppelgangers. Getting TONS of MP from it, sitting at about 99m.

EDIT: Got the Ultimate Riches trophy - upgraded Damage Carnival to the max and was getting 100m per fight between floors 30-60 and 200m-250m between 80-100. I am on my last doppelganger - the one in Rose World; I can't beat her for the life of me! Chou-Chou's skills work but not all the time. Sometimes she dies right at the beginning of the fight! Not sure why her conditional skills aren't working on this one fight. Any tips or anything?

Oh, I also got the 300% all worlds trophy!

FINAL EDIT: Just need 3 more trophies until I have the platinum, hallelujah!

Edited by DrHambone

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

@NanaCheese94 On the DLC weapons/clothing, did you upgrade/enhance anything?

I used the DLC weapons until I got the Plat. I did enhance and upgrade them (I remember the Scythe Attribute and the gun Peacemaker, dunno about the rest) 

I did use different armor/clothing though that I either crafted or farmed in the late game (Sun Goddess Medals are your'e friend)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...