First Build: Rate my Part List! (streaming rig)

Sundr0wn_

Heya!
So, this is my very first PC-Build and after a few weeks of research and learning about the subject, here's the part List i came up with so far:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($81.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($104.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GAMING X 2G Video Card  ($243.98 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.59 @ SuperBiiz) 
Optical Drive: LG - GH24NSD1 DVD/CD Writer  ($29.89 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $844.10
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-17 20:37 EDT-0400

They didnt have my case, so here's that (the black/red one): InWin 703

(i'm gonna be buying from a local shop, not the ones listed here)

I'll also have a 300mm LED Strip with 15 lights going and a simple additional fan withouth lights. Just as reference for power consumption.

I'll be using this rig mainly to Stream Console Games on Twitch through OBS and moderate my stream simultaneously. Dont really plan on doing any gaming with it.
As for Streaming tech, i'll be using the following:

-Razer Ripsaw capture card

-Samson Meteor Mic

-Logitech HD Webcam C270

Also this build, conveniently, hits more or less my budget cap. I've been trying to not make it to expensive but still shell out a few extra bucks here and there.
Like the DDR4-3200 Ram, i know i probably wont get the full potential out of it, but for 10 bucks more i might as well try.
So yeah, what do you think, how well is this gonna run? :)

• Like 1

I was initialy looking for intel options, but the first build that was suggested to me was an AMD build and i used that as basis. Also i generally got more suggestions for AMD builds.

Also the fact that they are much cheaper than an Intel CPU meant i was able to add a GPU to the build so that's what really sold me.

Since then i've found through my research that generally most people prefere AMD over Intel for Streaming because it has more Cores and Threads and apparantly that's what matters more for streaming performance. Also almost all recent guides and "Best Cpu list" listed the AMD Ryzen 5 1600 at the top for absolute best performance/value per dollar.

Razer Ripsaw looks pretty good as a recent capture card, and it's the only one in the bestsellers list of my retailer that captures both ps3 and 4 and doesnt cost over 300 bucks. Apparantly though it's the exact same chipboard (or whatever it's called) from the capture card of another manufacturer, just with razer branding. Same prize too.

EDIT: i'm litteraly only getting 1TB to save the money right now. :P

Also i'm probably gonna get a WD Gold and i wanna get a second one later and run them in a RAID config. Together with a 500GB SSD boot drive, that should be more than enough space as long as i dont do video recording.  2.5 TB will last me forever with just my private files!

EDIT 2: WD Black instead of gold. I was thinking about the gold because it's more silent. But it also is more prone to memory loss when not run in a higher RAID config.

Edited by Sundr0wn

for what not gonna buy a ssd boot disc allready? like one from 250gb or so, otherwise you need to later format your hard disc and so, and you save yourself the trouble then deleting everything, and your pc will be so much faster.

are you planning to later get more ram? 8gb is low these days and i think streaming can cost some ram

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CVkD4D/corsair-power-supply-cx750m

same price as your power suply but 200w more and a better brand

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/x7s8TW/msi-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-4gb-video-card-gtx-1050-ti-4gt-oc

1 dollar cheaper as your suggestion but with 4gb instead of two

these are only suggestions, take them like you want ?

Edited by chellesan

11 minutes ago, chellesan said:

for what not gonna buy a ssd boot disc allready? like one from 250gb or so, otherwise you need to later format your hard disc and so, and you save yourself the trouble then deleting everything, and your pc will be so much faster.

are you planning to later get more ram? 8gb is low these days and i think streaming can cost some ram

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CVkD4D/corsair-power-supply-cx750m

same price as your power suply but 200w more and a better brand

these are only suggestions, take them like you want 1f600.png

Because buying an SSD now would cost me another 150 bucks for a lower end one, and that would blow my cap xD

And yeah a RAM upgrade to 16GB is one of the first things i'm gonna do, but for now again it's budget.

200w more, wouldnt that be overkill? ?

From what i read up, a PSU is most heat efficient at  half to 3/4 load. I calculated my power usage to at around 300w, that's why i went with the 550w, to have some room for upgrades but still be in that sweet spot. Also the one you suggest is bronze certified, isnt that inferior?

And dont worry, i really appreciate your suggestions! :D I'm new to the topic and that's how i learn!

Edited by Sundr0wn

its not that the power supply uses 750w all the time, and video cards these days uses much watt, so if you later upgrade your card changes are you need to upgrade your psu to, oh and amd cpu's use more watt to then intel.

im someone that always thinks about later, if you do it now for the same price you now your prepared for years to come. i have a 650watt psu in my pc, its allready more then 10 years old but i used it allready in 3 builds, so in the end it saved me money because i buyed asap i good one in the beginning

Edited by chellesan
  • Like 1