Trophy Thoughts

Killbomb

I'm surprised there aren't more trophies since the Steam version has 88 achievements. At least the Plat will be a lot easier and less time consuming than getting all the Steam achievements since you don't have to beat Legendary will all classes and without dying.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Is this the Titan Quest that was released a very long time ago on PC? Like 10-11 years ago?

Yup - it's not bad - had it a week or so for review but only just started playing it. The controls are a bit iffy - but you kinda expect that when they adapt an old PC game for a controller. 

Graphics are nicer though - so they have given it an upgrade in that area. The only issue I have is that you appear to move in a grid format - so if you move in any direction then you move a set amount in that direction - i.e. not 100% free move. It also has multiplayer - which I've not tried yet, for obvious reasons...

• Like 2

Just now, turniplord said:

Yup - it's not bad - had it a week or so for review but only just started playing it. The controls are a bit iffy - but you kinda expect that when they adapt an old PC game for a controller. 

Graphics are nicer though - so they have given it an upgrade in that area. The only issue I have is that you appear to move in a grid format - so if you move in any direction then you move a set amount in that direction - i.e. not 100% free move. It also has multiplayer - which I've not tried yet, for obvious reasons...

I remember playing this a ton back in the days, i loved it back then and will most likely pick this up. 

I had no idea they were porting this to console. Never read anything about it havent seen any trailer either.

Its a real pleasant surprise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I remember playing this a ton back in the days, i loved it back then and will most likely pick this up. 

I had no idea they were porting this to console. Never read anything about it havent seen any trailer either.

Its a real pleasant surprise.

Yeah, I was surprised when I got it for review as I hadn't heard anything about it either - coming from THQ Nordic - not sure if they were the original devs/publisher or not?

Enjoying playing it so far - it doesn't have the polish or gameplay of say Diablo 3, Divinity, Victor Vran or Van Helsing - but it has a lot of charm so far. Surprised how far you can zoom in as well (small thing but wasn't expecting to be able to zoom right in) - plus the voice acting is alright. I haven't got very far - up to the Minotaur in the first area, it keeps kicking my ass!

Oh, it's out on the 20th as well, if you're interested

Edited by turniplord

4 hours ago, turniplord said:

Yeah, I was surprised when I got it for review as I hadn't heard anything about it either - coming from THQ Nordic - not sure if they were the original devs/publisher or not?

Enjoying playing it so far - it doesn't have the polish or gameplay of say Diablo 3, Divinity, Victor Vran or Van Helsing - but it has a lot of charm so far. Surprised how far you can zoom in as well (small thing but wasn't expecting to be able to zoom right in) - plus the voice acting is alright. I haven't got very far - up to the Minotaur in the first area, it keeps kicking my ass!

Oh, it's out on the 20th as well, if you're interested

THQ published the game back then and it was developed by Iron Lore. Iron Lore is no longer around but several of the devs went on to from Crate Entertainment who developed Grim Dawn which uses the Titan Quest engine.

I'm assuming the console version doesn't include the Ragnarok expansion which came out on PC at the end of 2017? I have the Anniversary Edition of the game on Steam but not the expansion. I'm probably going to get the PS4 version at launch to show some support for the genre but I'd certainly get it if it has the new expansion.

Edited by Killbomb

4 hours ago, Killbomb said:

THQ published the game back then and it was developed by Iron Lore. Iron Lore is no longer around but several of the devs went on to from Crate Entertainment who developed Grim Dawn which uses the Titan Quest engine.

I'm assuming the console version doesn't include the Ragnarok expansion which came out on PC at the end of 2017? I have the Anniversary Edition of the game on Steam but not the expansion. I'm probably going to get the PS4 version at launch to show some support for the genre but I'd certainly get it if it has the new expansion.

https://www.titanquestgame.com/

doesn't look like it - the PC collectors edition comes with the expansion but not the console ones - probably coming later as DLC or something - it's even coming to the switch and has 2-6 player online (I thought it was only 4)

11 hours ago, Limitedsphere said:

What about the expansion Immortal Throne is that included? Because from the look of the trophies only bosses featured in the standard game appear? 

According to the press release from December that's linked below, Immortal Throne is included. Strange though that they wouldn't include trophies related the expansion especially when they had plenty of room for more trophies. 30 bucks for only the base game would be crazy.

https://www.thqnordic.com/article/titan-quest-coming-all-current-gen-console-platforms-2018

3 hours ago, Killbomb said:

According to the press release from December that's linked below, Immortal Throne is included. Strange though that they wouldn't include trophies related the expansion especially when they had plenty of room for more trophies. 30 bucks for only the base game would be crazy.

https://www.thqnordic.com/article/titan-quest-coming-all-current-gen-console-platforms-2018

Thanks! It's sad that they didn't include the new expansion Ragnarok, that would have added a lot of value to the game. Especially for someone like me who played and loved the game eight years ago. 

Pre-ordered this through Amazon, and it is on schedule for tomorrow. I am looking forward to it, since I remember enjoying it on PC the first time around and was looking for a D3-esque substitute now that I have platniumed those on PS4/PS3. Wanted to Plat The Witness before I started, though, so I might wait to start playing until the weekend ... but I will see :)

Just wanted to add that nothing is missable since you can use the portals to go back and forth between acts in case you missed a side quest. I used the guide linked below and got the side quest related trophies with no problems.

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-all-side-quests-complete-guide-by-kalimon/

This also applies to the monsters you have to defeat in Legendary difficulty.

Edited by Killbomb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 26.3.2018 at 4:03 PM, Killbomb said:

Just wanted to add that nothing is missable since you can use the portals to go back and forth between acts in case you missed a side quest. I used the guide linked below and got the side quest related trophies with no problems.

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-all-side-quests-complete-guide-by-kalimon/

This also applies to the monsters you have to defeat in Legendary difficulty.

Depends on your definition of not missable. If you finish the game - defeat Hades and walk through the portal - and haven't completed one of the side quests in Egypt you will miss this particular trophy.