Purchased our first gaming PC

AnRoDr

My oldest son loves all sorts of Tycoon games, with rollercoaster tycoon at nr. 1, and the new Sim City has left him drooling my wife and I decided we would ask the grandparent to chip in and buy him a good PC to game on for his communion (or however it is called in english lol)

s7ivzb16.pngProcessor: Intel® Core™ i5-3570Grafische chip: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Harde schijf: 120 GB & 2000 GB  

I don't know too much about PC gaming, but I think this will allow him (and us  B)  ) to play some decent games without to much hassle.

What do you guys think?

seems reasonable without being amazing value for money (depends if you have the screen or not), and there are lots of specs that I cannot see (RAM, motherboard, SSD type etc) - but I really don't know what Belgium prices are like :)

In any case there shouldn't be any problems with games - in regards to simcity though, I hope they have improved their servers (the game needs to always be online to work)

Edited by leprodigalson

These are the full specs as they are given by the store:

Behuizing 5,25" extern 5,25" extern 3

3,5" intern 4

Form factor Midi Tower

Afmetingen 210 x 430 x 497 mm

Processor Opmerking Intel® Core™ i5-3570

Aantal processor kernen 4

Socket type 1155

Werkgeheugen Omschrijving 8192 MB DDR3

Opslag voorziening 8 GB

Geheugentype DDR3-1600 MHz

Maximaal geheugen 32 GB

Chipset Intel® Z77 Express

Interface 6x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 1x PS/2, 6x Audio, 1x RJ-45, 1x VGA, 1x DVI-D, 1x HDMI

Harde schijven Type 1 Omschrijving SSD, MLC, TRIM

Capaciteit 120 GB

Details SATA III

Type 2 Capaciteit 2 TB

Details SATA III / 7200rpm / 64MB / 8,5ms

Optische Drive Blu-ray-Brander

Kaart lezer Externe cardreader, CF I, CF II, MD, SD, SDHC, MMC, MMCplus, MS, MS PRO, miniSD, RS-MMC, MMCmobile, MS Duo, MS PRO Duo, miniSDHC, microSD, MMCmicro, MS Micro (M2), microSDHC

Grafisch Type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti

Geheugen Vast 2 GB

Interface PCIe

Netwerk Gigabit-LAN

Voeding uitvoering 600 Watt

Besturingssysteem Windows 8 64-bit (OEM)

I think we got good value for our 999€ if I compare it to the prices of similar ready made PC's. With some options left open for upgrades in the future it will do the job just fine ... or that is what I've been told  :rolleyes:

Now we just need to figure out the whole "Steam" thingie and it's happy gaming galore!  :yay:

But all remarks and advice is welcome because it's our first PC purchased for gaming and it's all new to us.

Edited by AnRoDr

Looks good in regards to price yes, mine cost about 1500€ when I built it (but that was when the i7 was released so probably would not cost anywhere near that now - it's still pretty powerfull though, even compared to most news pcs)

As CompSci said, it won't run on Ultra settings, but welcome to the same settings as 85% of gamers ;)

You'll need Origin as well as steam for SimCity (haven't bought a PC EA game since they started Origin)

Glad to read that we made a good choice with this PC. 

What's this Origin? Something to automatically control your activi...euhm ... update all games from EA? They like that kind of BS from what I read ...

We're used to throwing a game in your console and game straight away, this installing and settings stuff will require some getting used to me thinks  :S

Still looking forward to playing some genres and games we can't get on PS3 like Tycoons, Sim City and Civilisation.

Origin must be installed to play recent EA games, they don't release many games on steam anymore (if any) ;)

yes it checks whether the product is valid or not, so basically, pirates running the game without a problem, people having purchased the game are having problems :P

You shouldn't have a problem playing games with Windows 8 (I haven't from what I've tried) but I personally think the UI is terrible. The worst I've ever used, to be honest. It looks like it was designed for tablets, phones or touchscreen devices as the main focus rather than a desktop PC.

Parker

Edited by Parker

I've heard that a couple of times about Windows 8 since I bought the PC. As long as it runs smoothly and I can make some sense of it I'll be happy  :lol:

Pretty curious to see what Steam is and how easy it is to get games from. Haven't done any research on it so I'm still hoping it resembles the PSN store. What you said there about Origin I'm not so thrilled about. Not all to big on the piracy thing so I guess I have no alternative to using it other than not playing EA games ...