Don't upgrade your cars...

BEAST_IHMOTEP

7 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

It’s been quite awhile since I did this so my memory fails me, but I believe some of the bulkier cars are the way to go for the rush hour races. I think there was one called the Boomer or something?

Yeah, I ended up using that one. I’ve just got the Yellow Cup Grand Prix left. I did have to fully upgrade the Javelin X to pass a Yellow Cup circuit race so hopefully I don’t regret that.

Edited by bikeman223

10 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Yeah, I ended up using that one. I’ve just got the Yellow Cup Grand Prix left. I did have to fully upgrade the Javelin X to pass a Yellow Cup circuit race so hopefully I don’t regret that.

You should be OK if you’ve only got the one circuit left. You got this man! Those cheap ass AI don’t stand a chance against you. ? May your suffering be short lived, friend.

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

You should be OK if you’ve only got the one circuit left. You got this man! Those cheap ass AI don’t stand a chance against you. 1f609.png May your suffering be short lived, friend.

Yeah I managed it, a lot of the time it really comes down to the power-ups. I still don't understand why that one power-up automatically kills you if you're in 1st but the AI can seemingly dodge it whenever they're in 1st. I don't think the game was too bad overall, it just gets very chaotic in some of the last races and the upgrades can really mess up your strategies.

Edited by bikeman223

• 11 months later...

I followed a lot of the advice here to hold off on upgrades which seemed to help quite a bit. Controlling the vehicles wasn't too bad with no more than an upgrade or two to the engine and gearbox. I found that a fully upgraded or close to fully upgraded vehicle was needed for a lot of the Yellow Cup races though. There were a few circuit races at the end that did take multiple attempts and required some luck but I eventually got it. The Anvil RTX was my go to.