Foodie trophy guide

athanasios_osfp

So since I'm one of the first to obtain the foodie trophy, I made a guide for helping others get the trophy too. Special thanks to DHawk12 who first obtained the trophy and informing for which food counts and which doesn't. I also made a speadsheet for you to see all the required food which you can also use as a checklist since you can't see through the game which food you have already consumed.

The only food that doesn't count is spoiled food but raw food does. Along with raw there is grilled, smoked, baked, steamed, special food as well as stews. In order to cook these types of food you need to obtain certain recipes for crafting facilities and of course the raw materials of food in order to learn each recipe. The required facilities are Campfire (for grilled food), Campfire and Hanging Pot (for stews), Smoker (for smoked food), Kiln (for baked food), Kitchenette (for steamed food) and Food Prep Facility (special food).

How to obtain each recipe:

Campfire - It's from the beginning at your base

Campfire and Hanging Pot - I think you get it by progressing through the story.  If someone has a definite answer please inform me.

Smoker - I think you get it by progressing through the story.  If someone has a definite answer please inform me.

Kiln - Base dig defence. I got mine by S ranking Base Dig Defence 3. I'm pretty sure you can also get it by S ranking Base Dig Defence 4 also since they have the same pool of loot.

Kitchenette and Food Prep Facility - Base dig defence. I got them both by S ranking Base Defence 5. I think others have obtained Kitchenette by S ranking Base Dig 3 or 4. I'm pretty sure that Food Prep facility is obtained by S ranking Base Dig Defence 5 or 6 only.

As I said above, along with the recipe of the facility, you need to obtain the raw primary material (ex. gray wolf meat) in order to learn the food recipe. So let's say you have obtained all the grilled type recipes after obtaining all meat and vegetables. When you obtain the Campfire and Hanging Pot for stews, you won't get automatically the recipes of animals. You will need to obtain the meat again by killing the animal, extracting it or by collecting it from your animal cages at your base. So when you craft a new food facility you must obtain all meat again in order to learn the new recipes.

Reddit user lordfiSh has made an excellent interactive map where you can see the location of each animal (25 total) as well as many other things such as gear, weapons etc. The only animal that is missing from the map is Afghan Pika which you can find on the far east clear zone near transporter 9 on the Afghanistan map. Also there are 3 animals(Anubis, Jehuty and Himalayan bear) that you can only find in side missions (rare animal) you randomly get by your crew.

You will also need to obtain 4 vegetables (corn, tomato, onion and potato) which are in certain location in the map.Here is a video by user theModfather Gaming on Youtube. Other raw food (wildberry and black carrot) and water (dirty and clean) are in many locations on both maps. You won't have problems finding those. Milk is only harvested by goats you have at your base's cages or ranches.

Some essential tips

It is highly recommended to learn all recipes for cages, ranches and vegetable farms in order to harvest raw materials from you base through time. Special food requires a huge amount of vegetables (such as 40 tomatoes) and special materials (you randomly get them when you skin an animal or by harvesting them from your base). Essential role also plays the ranking of your base development team. I now have a B ranking base development team which reduces the time for new raw food to be produced and also gives me x3 times the material. Also if you have a premium boost active you can harvest x2 times all the materials at your base. Konami gave 2 days ago a free 1 day premium boost so I got x6 times the meat and the vegetables each time.

You can find crew members by completing distress signals side missions. When you bring a survivor back to your base first you must put him in a team (through VirgilAt-9/ crew management) and wait a certain time for an evaluation. After that you can see how he performs by checking below the Employment History. Since the latest patch all survivors will produce modest or positive results in a certain team or teams. You can check on which team he belongs by the results he produces. Example: The Nurse would perform poorly if I put her in the development team but she will produce positive results on Medical Team.

The cages (you can build two which fit 2 animals each except the bear type which fit 1 each), ranches (you can build two which fit 4 animal each) and vegetable farms recipes that are in the game are as follow:

Goat Cage - found in a container in the Afghanistan map (check the interactive map above)

Goat Ranch - I obtained it by S ranking Base Dig Defence 4 

Wolf Cage -  I obtained it by S ranking Base Dig Defence 1

Bear Cage - I obtained it by S ranking Base Dig Defence 1

Horse Cage - I obtained it by S ranking Base Dig Defence 1 

Horse Ranch - I obtained it by S ranking Base Dig Defence 1 

Vegetable farm potatoes - Maybe through story but I think i obtained it after completing Salvage missions

Vegetable farm Corn - Maybe through story but I think i obtained it after completing Salvage missions

Vegetable farm tomatoes - Maybe through story but I think i obtained it after completing Salvage missions

Vegetable farm onions - Maybe through story but I think i obtained it after completing Salvage missions

Large vegetable farm - Maybe through story but I think i obtained it after completing Salvage missions

Hydroponic farm - I obtained it by S ranking Base Dig Defence 5

If you have all cages and ranches it means you can have a maximum of 12 bovine animals, a maximum of 12 equine animals, a maximum of 4 canid animals and a maximum of 2 ursine animals. 30 in total.

Since there are 4 types of bovine animals, 3 types of equine animals, 4 types of canid animals and 2 types of ursine animals in the game it is best to have a proportionate amount of animals between the different types in order to obtain all the meats and special items through harvest. 

So it is recommended to extract through the wormhole device and have:

12 bovine animals - 3x Cashmere Goat, 3x Karakul Sheep, 3x Nubian, 3x Boer Goat

12 equine animals - 4x Okapi, 4x Grant's Zebra, 4x Wild Ass

4 canid animals - 1x Gray Wolf, 1x Anubis, 1x African Wild Dog, 1x Side-striped Jackal

2 ursine animals - 1x Brown Bear, 1x Himalayan Bear

Edited by athanasios_osfp
  • Like 2

On 3/29/2018 at 10:21 PM, athanasios_osfp said:

So since I'm one of the first to obtain the foodie trophy, I made a guide for helping others get the trophy too. Special thanks to DHawk12 who first obtained the trophy and informing for which food counts and which doesn't. I also made a speadsheet for you to see all the required food which you can also use as a checklist since you can't see through the game which food you have already consumed.

The only food that doesn't count is spoiled food but raw food does. Along with raw there is grilled, smoked, baked, steamed, special food as well as stews. In order to cook these types of food you need to obtain certain recipes for crafting facilities and of course the raw materials of food in order to learn each recipe. The required facilities are Campfire (for grilled food), Campfire and Hanging Pot (for stews), Smoker (for smoked food), Kiln (for baked food), Kitchenette (for steamed food) and Food Prep Facility (special food).

How to obtain each recipe:

Campfire - It's from the beginning at your base

Campfire and Hanging Pot - I think you get it by progressing through the story.  If someone has a definite answer please inform me.

Smoker - I think you get it by progressing through the story.  If someone has a definite answer please inform me.

Kiln - Base dig defence. I got mine by S ranking Base Dig Defence 3. I'm pretty sure you can also get it by S ranking Base Dig Defence 4 also since they have the same pool of loot.

Kitchenette and Food Prep Facility - Base dig defence. I got them both by S ranking Base Defence 5. I think others have obtained Kitchenette by S ranking Base Dig 3 or 4. I'm pretty sure that Food Prep facility is obtained by S ranking Base Dig Defence 5 or 6 only.

As I said above, along with the recipe of the facility, you need to obtain the raw primary material (ex. gray wolf meat) in order to learn the food recipe. So let's say you have obtained all the grilled type recipes after obtaining all meat and vegetables. When you obtain the Campfire and Hanging Pot for stews, you won't get automatically the recipes of animals. You will need to obtain the meat again by killing the animal, extracting it or by collecting it from your animal cages at your base. So when you craft a new food facility you must obtain all meat again in order to learn the new recipes.

Reddit user lordfiSh has made an excellent interactive map where you can see the location of each animal (25 total) as well as many other things such as gear, weapons etc. The only animal that is missing from the map is Afghan Pika which you can find on the far east clear zone near transporter 9 on the Afghanistan map. Also there are 3 animals(Anubis, Jehuty and Himalayan bear) that you can only find in side missions (rare animal) you randomly get by your crew.

You will also need to obtain 4 vegetables (corn, tomato, onion and potato) which are in certain location in the map.Here is a video by user theModfather Gaming on Youtube. Other raw food (wildberry and black carrot) and water (dirty and clean) are in many locations on both maps. You won't have problems finding those. Milk is only harvested by goats you have at your base's cages or ranches.

Some essential tips

It is highly recommended to learn all recipes for cages, ranches and vegetable farms in order to harvest raw materials from you base through time. Special food requires a huge amount of vegetables (such as 40 tomatoes) and special materials (you randomly get them when you skin an animal or by harvesting them from your base). Essential role also plays the ranking of your base development team. I now have a B ranking base development team which reduces the time for new raw food to be produced and also gives me x3 times the material. Also if you have a premium boost active you can harvest x2 times all the materials at your base. Konami gave 2 days ago a free 1 day premium boost so I got x6 times the meat and the vegetables each time.

You can find crew members by completing distress signals side missions. When you bring a survivor back to your base first you must put him in a team (through VirgilAt-9/ crew management) and wait a certain time for an evaluation. After that you can see how he performs by checking below the Employment History. Since the latest patch all survivors will produce modest or positive results in a certain team or teams. You can check on which team he belongs by the results he produces. Example: The Nurse would perform poorly if I put her in the development team but she will produce positive results on Medical Team.

The cages (you can build two which fit 2 animals each except the bear type which fit 1 each), ranches (you can build two which fit 4 animal each) and vegetable farms recipes that are in the game are as follow:

Goat Cage - found in a container in the Afghanistan map (check the interactive map above)

Goat Ranch - I obtained it by S ranking Base Dig Defence 4 

Wolf Cage -  I obtained it by S ranking Base Dig Defence 1

Bear Cage - I obtained it by S ranking Base Dig Defence 1

Horse Cage - I obtained it by S ranking Base Dig Defence 1 

Horse Ranch - I obtained it by S ranking Base Dig Defence 1 

Vegetable farm potatoes - Maybe through story but I think i obtained it after completing Salvage missions

Vegetable farm Corn - Maybe through story but I think i obtained it after completing Salvage missions

Vegetable farm tomatoes - Maybe through story but I think i obtained it after completing Salvage missions

Vegetable farm onions - Maybe through story but I think i obtained it after completing Salvage missions

Large vegetable farm - Maybe through story but I think i obtained it after completing Salvage missions

Hydroponic farm - I obtained it by S ranking Base Dig Defence 5

If you have all cages and ranches it means you can have a maximum of 12 bovine animals, a maximum of 12 equine animals, a maximum of 4 canid animals and a maximum of 2 ursine animals. 30 in total.

Since there are 4 types of bovine animals, 3 types of equine animals, 4 types of canid animals and 2 types of ursine animals in the game it is best to have a proportionate amount of animals between the different types in order to obtain all the meats and special items through harvest. 

So it is recommended to extract through the wormhole device and have:

12 bovine animals - 3x Cashmere Goat, 3x Karakul Sheep, 3x Nubian, 3x Boer Goat

12 equine animals - 4x Okapi, 4x Grant's Zebra, 4x Wild Ass

4 canid animals - 1x Gray Wolf, 1x Anubis, 1x African Wild Dog, 1x Side-striped Jackal

2 ursine animals - 1x Brown Bear, 1x Himalayan Bear

appreciate you taking the time to post this.  i'm missing so much of the map like 29% of the 1st map.  I've been everywhere.  I don't see how i'm missing 29%. I will occasionally find a new container and when I get back I've only uncovered 1% more of the map.  Any advice?  Do you have to perform some task for an area to open up?  I'm only missing 24% on the 2nd map but i've spent a lot less time on it.  

@steel6burgh On the map you can see that there are unexplored/gray zones which are squares combined together. You have to visit each square and then return to the base camp in order to turn this area to an explored one. There is an antenna above your health and stamina bars that disappears every time you are on an unexplored square and that means that you have discovered it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, athanasios_osfp said:

@steel6burgh On the map you can see that there are unexplored/gray zones which are squares combined together. You have to visit each square and then return to the base camp in order to turn this area to an explored one. There is an antenna above your health and stamina bars that disappears every time you are on an unexplored square and that means that you have discovered it.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...