Feeling burnout from constant Playstation Store Sales...

You

15 hours ago, enaysoft said:

My original point was, eventually people like me are going to have backlogs, and when that happens just like myself people will stop buying at full price and/or at some point not even buy games at sale because they have such a backlog. When that happens, the gaming industry is going to suffer a bit from the lack of revenue, of course it will be worse for indies.

You fail to account for the growth of the video game user base each year, especially since PS3 days. Also, I can say, without a doubt, that your experience is not indicative of the overwhelming majority of the console gamers. I had received data from a study last year that on average PS4 owners for 24+ months on average own 7 games. Also less than 20% download (or "buy") at least 1 title each month. The crowd here is not the typical Playstation gamer.

Don't worry for Sony. They'll be just fine with people like you having backlogs. They know you'll never completely stop buying stuff.

Soooo many Ps Store sales!!! Thank heaven most of it sucks. :P Or I'd be broke as hell.

Just buy what you can play. Wait for the 80% sales!! Or more...

16 hours ago, enaysoft said:

My original point was, eventually people like me are going to have backlogs, and when that happens just like myself people will stop buying at full price and/or at some point not even buy games at sale because they have such a backlog. When that happens, the gaming industry is going to suffer a bit from the lack of revenue, of course it will be worse for indies.

Again, this ties back into what I said before - lack of self control. This is not any fault of Sony’s, it’s a fault with the consumer whose wallet is bigger than their composure. You wouldn’t have a problem with a backlog that’s too big to finish if you practiced wallet restraint. Just because a sale is occurring doesn’t mean you have to go and buy games right then and there. Take the time and enjoy what you already have. It’s not going to hurt to miss this year’s Golden Week sale. Chances are those games will be on sale again in a few months.

17 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Thanks for all the replies. :)

I think I might not have explained myself too well. My bad. :)

This is the thing though, all the games I buy I do WANT. i'm not buying them because they are cheap, man, if I was doing that I'd have even more games on my list...

The problem is, I know I haven't got time to play them right now, I always have only 2 or 3 games on the go, so when I see a sale I think wow, I'm definitely going to buy that at some point, I'll buy it now dirt cheap so I don't have to buy it months/years down the line.

However every month or two , a sale that appears, I think that about newer games. So the problem continues. I usually buy one, two or three are rare. Slowly but surely the problem contunues.

I think the problem perhaps is too many good games are coming out, 2017 was an amazing year and games now, they get longer and longer as well.

Also, I have already been holding off buying games at sale price a lot. I've been prioritising holding back, and EVEN THEN I still feel like I have bought too many. Hats off to Sony, the temptation is great.

I don't have other subscription things like Netflix either. Things like that, you pay in advance so you feel the need to watch more stuff to get your moneys worth, so it's better not to start.

If only humans didn't need to sleep, or work. lol

I would cancel my PS+ subscription, I'd do that right now and would be happy losing all my games I have downloaded so far, but then I can't play online or use the cloud upload system.

Very VERY first world problems.

I actually don’t think it will affect the gaming industry at all tbh. That’s because trophy hunters make up about 1% of all gamers, and people who aren’t trophy hunters, the other 99%? They don’t have backlogs because they don’t care about trophies. They’ll play a game for a couple weeks then move on. They never get bogged down on completion. 

Coming from the industry side here is my take.

If you don't buy a game at launch you are most likely going to buy it at a discounted price.
Either second hand at a game store like EB Games, Gamestop or from a digital sale that is on the PSN.

The difference is that game sales second hand from a gamestore does not bring revenue into the developer/publisher's hand so they need to discount their own product to compete with the second hand sales so that revenue makes it back to them. This money is important as it does effect; server quality, extra content and potential for additional games in the franchise.

This is the thing though, all the games I buy I do WANT. i'm not buying them because they are cheap, man, if I was doing that I'd have even more games on my list...

The problem is, I know I haven't got time to play them right now, I always have only 2 or 3 games on the go, so when I see a sale I think wow, I'm definitely going to buy that at some point, I'll buy it now dirt cheap so I don't have to buy it months/years down the line.

However every month or two , a sale that appears, I think that about newer games. So the problem continues. I usually buy one, two or three are rare. Slowly but surely the problem contunues.

I think the problem perhaps is too many good games are coming out, 2017 was an amazing year and games now, they get longer and longer as well.

You've just got to figure out how large of a backlog you're comfortable with and not go over it.  Pick a number and don't buy anything if you're already at it.  Don't even look at sales, if you can't trust yourself.  There's always going to be things you WANT but can't have, for whatever reason.  And lack of time can certainly be one of them!

Also, it sounds like you're including PS+ titles as part of your backlog.  I think I'd drive myself crazy if I did that.  So, I don't.  ;)

There's lots of things that could break if everyone acted the same way, so it's a good thing that people are rather diverse.  We each live in our own head and tend to think of other people as being very similar to ourselves... but, it's very obviously not true.  As I've pointed out before and as others have said, this is just not something you've got to worry about.  Most people buying games just aren't approaching it the way you are.  Heck, if piracy couldn't kill the game industry, I'm sure backlogs won't.