Detroit Become Human **IMPORTANT**

xSubjectX420

I've Google this a lot and no one else noticed it. When the demo for DBH opens on my PS4 it activates my playstation camera for an unknown reason, as indicated by the red light. This is very odd seeing as the game doesn't need to see me or take vocal input. Very suspicious so I've unplugged my playstation camera can anyone offer any advice or let me know if you've noticed this too?

14 minutes ago, xSubjectX420 said:

I bet it's recording users and sending it back to the developers as "feedback"

Doubt it as that would be illegal unless the game asks you for permission.

45 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

Only thing I can think of is that the main game will use that feature and they just haven't taken it out of the demo, obviously this is just my take on it.

Most likely this ^. Seeing that you can control your character using Alexa's voice commands I wouldn't be surprise if you could use some physical gestures too.

9 minutes ago, xSubjectX420 said:

It has a built in microphone but there's not even options about anything camera or microphone related in the options menu, and when plugging in an actual headset the camera continued recording after my main device switched to my headset

I don't think it's recording you. It's probably on 'stand-by' reading for whatever motion it's waiting for.

And isn't the microphone always on? I'm sure I can yell 'hey Playstation' and boss it around whenever I feel like it. The light doesn't signfiy microphone.

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

I don't think it's recording you. It's probably on 'stand-by' reading for whatever motion it's waiting for.

And isn't the microphone always on? I'm sure I can yell 'hey Playstation' and boss it around whenever I feel like it. The light doesn't signfiy microphone.

That should be it, iirc Until Dawn has a similar feature.

3 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I did some science and "hey playstation" does trigger my in-cam mic which means DBH isnt trying to access my mic and is definitely trying to access the cam. Its probably nothing to worry about but the fact that DBH activates my cam without telling me in any way and without using it for any features is a huge red flag to me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...