Save LBPK: July 2nd, 2018

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

That was about localizing JRPG games, not asking not to shutdown online multiplayer for 6-8 years old old-gen racing games that almost nobody plays anymore.

Anyway they were really lucky because the "Gallian Liberation Front" to bring Senjou no Valkyria III (a PSP game) overseas was a failure. Hopefully it eventually received a fan English translation. Or the "100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3"... Capcom Europe blamed the fans for the lack of support LOL.

Indeed, I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that most of these operations have a really high probability of failure but again, I really don't mind lending a hand on this. It only took me 2 minutes to sign the petition.

The worst kind of effort somehow can give is not doing anything at all. In a perfect world, games shouldn't be deprived of their online component. Sadly, this is not a perfect world and I understand the business decisions behind shutting down servers in order to cut unnecessary losses a company may be having. However, I do like for them to take notice that stuff like this has effects on a number of players. Whether if they decide to hear those players or not is entirely their decision and I'd respect whatever they decide.

Not sure if there are any cases of petitions to keep the online functionality in games having success. I think Demon's Souls would probably be one? Not sure... I remember Atlus announcing several times they would go and shut down the game, only to come back later stating that they have extended the servers for as long as there is interest in the community. I think they did this like 2-3 times before shutting down the online just recently. There were also a number of petitions for that floating around at the time, not sure if they were related to them extending the life of the online though.

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Several times? Damn... i only remember reading about that only once.

Yeah, just found some info on it.

They were originally meant to be shut down in 2010 and then they gained their first extension up to 2012. On 2012 they announced again that they were gonna shut down the servers only to extend them again for an indefinite time and for as long as the people were interested in playing the game. The servers finally closed down on February 2018, just a couple of months ago.

And even then someone went out of their way to host their own private servers for the game, which you can easily use by changing the DNS settings on your console.

Talk about a hard to kill game lol! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2018 at 1:44 PM, Lance_87 said:

Why not now? Where are the "1000+"? I'm still seeing 37 signatures in the petition. They were probably the same a week ago.

Because I am still busy with school. Graduation is 13 days away. Why are you the way that you are?