CoolPaintr - Masterpiece Trophy

DuckSwimmer

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Haven't played the game (no VR headset myself, but I'd like to get one and play this game), but just going by the trophy description, I would imagine a giant canvas with lost of colours? As the painting on the Sixtine Chapel ceiling is quite big, is it not?

Not sure if I had to make a large flat surface. I basically made doodles and drew words and continuously moved the stuff I drew upwards since i felt like they were referring to height.. from what it seems, they weren't getting at height.

I also literally made this egg-like shape, blew it up and basically was just inside it since maybe it was referring to being inside a canvas that was covering majority of the void space.

@DrakeHellsing I actually gotta thank you cause you had me pick my brain today. Managed to pop the trophy and get the platinum.

For those needing help as well this is what I made.. lol.

Dcw_tI5V0AAkBL3.jpg

Dcw_wyjVMAAKfzN.jpg

As you can see I used the symmetry object in the middle in the first picture. I used that to get more ground covered. Eventually I shrunk down the object since this trophy only counts when you're painting in your original mode.. if that makes any sense. Like for example if I were to go back to the original view and not the shrunken view of this picture, I would be inside the purple and the purple would be huge. The only thing that would be normal size is the rainbow part on top. Basically after making the little roof thing I made in original view,  shrunk it down and just make a circular wall around it using the symmetry tool. The trophy ended up popping that way.

I hope this helps some people platinum this game!

On 5/8/2018 at 11:23 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

Haven't played the game (no VR headset myself, but I'd like to get one and play this game), but just going by the trophy description, I would imagine a giant canvas with lost of colours? As the painting on the Sixtine Chapel ceiling is quite big, is it not?

There is no such thing as the Sixtine Chapel. They are playing on words, which might be some kind of a hint for the trophy? The real place is called the Sistine Chaple, and yese, the artwork there coveres the entire ceiling. I dont understand what exactly DuckSwimmer is saying to do here, but it seems like maybe they are telling us to paint the ceiling. I havent tried it yet because that will be quite a bit of work in normal view mode. But if anyone else gets the trophy, please explain more clearly how you got it. Thank you.

On 5/12/2018 at 6:31 PM, trethacker said:

There is no such thing as the Sixtine Chapel. They are playing on words, which might be some kind of a hint for the trophy? The real place is called the Sistine Chaple, and yese, the artwork there coveres the entire ceiling. I dont understand what exactly DuckSwimmer is saying to do here, but it seems like maybe they are telling us to paint the ceiling. I havent tried it yet because that will be quite a bit of work in normal view mode. But if anyone else gets the trophy, please explain more clearly how you got it. Thank you.

What needs to be explained more? I basically drew a circle in normal mode, shrunk it and then drew a table cloth if you want me to simplify it. I used the symmetry tool which is a flat surface with grids which makes the process 100 times faster.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 12/05/2018 at 6:31 PM, trethacker said:

dunno if i just got lucky or what, but i got the trophy when i used all 16 preset colors of paint. i was spraying multiple hexagons everywhere, and I'd already used every tool, so perhaps the colors count as "tools" that must be used, or maybe it's literally just for using all 16 colors :dunno: