Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon

9 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I had heard of it before, but thanks for thinking of me. From what I've read and seen in the trailer, it seems to be inspired by the older Castlevanias, which weren't MetroidVanias. That started with Symphony of the Night on PS1. If that's true, combined with the 8-bit art style, I'm not interested. I am interested in the full game that this spun off from though.

Yeah seems like Ritual Of The Night is the full-on MetroidVania game and this is a platformer with multiple paths towards the end.

You liked Shovel Knight too, though, so I figured you might enjoy this as well :)

Anyways I decided to get it. The music is what made the final argument.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Johnathan994 said:

Hey guys would you recommend this game to a long time Castlevania fan? :D

On 30/05/2018 at 11:56 PM, Johnathan994 said:

This game looks amazing! As a huge Castlevania fan I will give it a shoot 100% :D does anyone know when the 2.5 game will come out? :D 

Depends. If you mean you're a fan of things like Castlevania II or Super Castlevania IV, then yes. If you mean you're a fan of Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow, then no.

The main game (Ritual Of The Night) has no release date yet, but most don't expect to see it before 2019 is well underway.

Also @everyone, did anyone do like me and not look at the trophy list in advance, and were those people also surprised when the game didn't end after the fifth stage?

3 hours ago, Ezio Auditore said:

Depends. If you mean you're a fan of things like Castlevania II or Super Castlevania IV, then yes. If you mean you're a fan of Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow, then no.

I played every castlevania game, and love pretty much all of them except for the n64 ones :D

• 2 months later...