I am playing the Vita version of this game now (Digital Western Release only)  The story is rather good and the game is not bad. But the little things in the Vita version that are annoying or overused looked to be fixed and a lot better in the PS4 version.
The other issue is the trophy list, the vita trophy list is just a grindfest there is nothing else but mostly story and grind.
There is also the game saving bug that wipes all your data on the Vita version as well.

Either way if this does make the jump I will gladly pick it up again.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Is this different enough from the vita game to be worth playing if I'm planning to play the vita one? (I'm actually just waiting to finish Tokyo Twillight Ghost Hunters + some other backlog clean up before I start the Vita one).

Skip the vita one and wait for this instead.
The vita version is not exactly a super great experience, believe me

49 minutes ago, Wenzeldale said:

Skip the vita one and wait for this instead.
The vita version is not exactly a super great experience, believe me

I can't, I had decided on going for it for the Weeblympic event, and I'm not going back in that idea (still I had plan to play Trials of the Cold Steel 1 as my next Vita game, but I'm actually skipping the Caligula Effect anime because I wanted to play this first, so I will go with this game next regardless).

On 5/18/2018 at 4:05 AM, Han_the_Dragon said:

I can't, I had decided on going for it for the Weeblympic event, and I'm not going back in that idea (still I had plan to play Trials of the Cold Steel 1 as my next Vita game, but I'm actually skipping the Caligula Effect anime because I wanted to play this first, so I will go with this game next regardless).

The game is hard to explain. It really is everything is either a love or hate relationship with just about all elements of the game.

Trophy wise the biggest issue is for me I have the main the game finished in under 23 hours, without a guide and doing a lot of pointless battles due to how the EXP system works.
Why is this an issue well because from all reports at least 70 hours and some as long as 130+ is needed from the plat (depending on how go about it) The grind is well dull after a while.

The story was not bad could have been done better but was not bad at all, the game mechanics has a lot to offer but was done poorly, which then just makes it feel like more of a grind.

Then there is the save bug that deletes all your data the most common places where this happens is listed on a few sites but there has been reports of it taking place at random saves as well. So there is always that consent I must backup the save every few hours going through your mind.

Overall I am enjoying the game but from what I have seen and read about the PS4 version everything that feels underdone or lacking is improved in the new version

Edited by fisty123

On 5/22/2018 at 10:28 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

OK, grinding d I doesn't bother me, but that save delete bug, will keep me stressed.. 

And if the ps4 version is just improvement over the vita, I will skip it, unless I end really liking the vita 1 (although I like the ps4 trophy icons). 

Finally got around to actually looking at the PS4 trophy list... It's a much better trophy list it makes you not only use more of the games features but its layout more then just trying to grind to level 99 with a terrible xp system.

7 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Finally got around to actually looking at the PS4 trophy list... It's a much better trophy list it makes you not only use more of the games features but its layout more then just trying to grind to level 99 with a terrible xp system.

OK, looks like it's almost a reason for me to go for both plats..