Challenges

Thank you kindly.

Seems doable, I wouldn't say it's that bad. A few ones might take a little time I notice the guy in the thread mentions you can't use save states, so you have to hardcore it legit.

Some of the games are ambiguous about how you access them. Do you just select a challenge and it puts you directly in a particular section of the game? Shining force is a huge game, how exactly does the challenge work for games such as that, rather than specific level games.

Sorry for the questions, I haven't picked the game up yet and I'm curious as to how to go about managing the platinum here.

53 minutes ago, Grindagger said:

Thank you kindly.

Seems doable, I wouldn't say it's that bad. A few ones might take a little time I notice the guy in the thread mentions you can't use save states, so you have to hardcore it legit.

Some of the games are ambiguous about how you access them. Do you just select a challenge and it puts you directly in a particular section of the game? Shining force is a huge game, how exactly does the challenge work for games such as that, rather than specific level games.

Sorry for the questions, I haven't picked the game up yet and I'm curious as to how to go about managing the platinum here.

There is a challenge menu that puts you straight into the challenge like in the 'Golden Axe 2 - Defeat second boss while playing as an axe battler with no magic or continues' it drops you straight at that boss.

So as you can see it would be pretty pointless to use save states anyway. I think most will be able to do these with a bit of patience.. im just finding them really hard.

1 minute ago, Kwotey said:

There is a challenge menu that puts you straight into the challenge like in the 'Golden Axe 2 - Defeat second boss while playing as an axe battler with no magic or continues' it drops you straight at that boss.

So as you can see it would be pretty pointless to use save states anyway. I think most will be able to do these with a bit of patience.. im just finding them really hard.

Thanks for the clarification. I think I'll go for it. I like a good challenge :)

2 minutes ago, Kwotey said:

There is a challenge menu that puts you straight into the challenge

Would be a pain to play until you reach certain points in the game again, but if there is a selection menu that basically gives you endless retries, that sound pretty good! :)

• Like 1