Attempting to Platinum?

Yup. It's pretty straightforward compared to the original game. Most of the trophies are simply for completing every mode and getting all the win screens (game clear, 100%, speedrun, and 100% speedrun). But you do have to complete Hard Core Mode, which might be really difficult. Beating Pirate Queen's Quest without any upgrades is tough too. I got to the last area, but it is VERY annoying to try to make those jumps without the cannon upgrade. Managed to do it, but couldn't beat Shantae on my first try, so I copied my file to a second save slot, upgraded all of my weapons to max, and destroyed that little brat.

I'll have to farm healing items later to beat her for real.

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/05/2018 at 4:50 AM, Cassylvania said:

Yup. It's pretty straightforward compared to the original game. Most of the trophies are simply for completing every mode and getting all the win screens (game clear, 100%, speedrun, and 100% speedrun). But you do have to complete Hard Core Mode, which might be really difficult. Beating Pirate Queen's Quest without any upgrades is tough too. I got to the last area, but it is VERY annoying to try to make those jumps without the cannon upgrade. Managed to do it, but couldn't beat Shantae on my first try, so I copied my file to a second save slot, upgraded all of my weapons to max, and destroyed that little brat.

I'll have to farm healing items later to beat her for real.

Curious what the game classes as upgrades