Online Play between Regions

It's apparent that playing with people from other regions is not allowed, meaning if you own a JP copy of the game, you can't play with someone who has the US/EU version of the game. Whether or not you can play between the PS3 and PS4 versions between the JP versions is something I haven't figured out, I've only played two matches.

That being said, if there is anyone who DOES have the JP version of the game, your best bet is to set up a boosting session and specify what region you're in. It's come to my attention that I neglected to edit this post, so let it be known that I'm no longer assisting people with the online portions.

Edited by Vermilion_Joker

The game does seem to have a hard time connecting to other players. I'm sure it doesn't help the game isn't all that popular and playing online is like playing underwater when it comes to movement. However I'll go ahead and add this bit of info in my guide for good measure. Does it tell you that you can't connect to players that have a U.S./EU version of the game?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Redgrave said:

The game does seem to have a hard time connecting to other players. I'm sure it doesn't help the game isn't all that popular and playing online is like playing underwater when it comes to movement. However I'll go ahead and add this bit of info in my guide for good measure. Does it tell you that you can't connect to players that have a U.S./EU version of the game?

I tried playing with my friend last night actually. She has the US version and I’ve got the JP version, and she kept saying she never got my invites and vice versa.

7 hours ago, Vermilion_Joker said:

I tried playing with my friend last night actually. She has the US version and I’ve got the JP version, and she kept saying she never got my invites and vice versa.

That's interesting. Thanks for letting me know though.

On 6/9/2018 at 4:14 PM, Redgrave said:

That's interesting. Thanks for letting me know though.

I come with more news. It seems you can't connect to any region outside of your own depending on your copy, as I tried to boost the last few matches for the online trophy with someone from Europe, and it would not only bar us from joining each other's game, it replaced the "Join Session" option with "Visit PS Store" instead. I got my hands on the NA version off another account and tried it there, and no dice. Seems like a hurdle people will have to jump through to get their online trophies, and I can't understand why their servers are like this. Seems strange for a fighting game.

2 hours ago, Vermilion_Joker said:

I come with more news. It seems you can't connect to any region outside of your own depending on your copy, as I tried to boost the last few matches for the online trophy with someone from Europe, and it would not only bar us from joining each other's game, it replaced the "Join Session" option with "Visit PS Store" instead. I got my hands on the NA version off another account and tried it there, and no dice. Seems like a hurdle people will have to jump through to get their online trophies, and I can't understand why their servers are like this. Seems strange for a fighting game.

That's a real shame they have it like that. But thanks for letting me know again. I'll update the guide on it.