Nerfed weapons after patch or glitch???

Hi. I'm currently playing DS on NG and all my weapons should give about 200 damage, but most enemies take only 40-41. Is that a glitch or they nerved all weapons after patch? For example: I'm using Dragon Sword which should have 200 damage, but most enemies and bosses like Great Grey Wolf Sif or Ornstein and Smough only take 40 damage. All weapons I have not broken. 

I can't remember exactly how damage calculations work in the Souls games but I'm pretty sure enemies have a defense value that affects how much damage they take from your attacks. So even if you have 200 attack power, that won't necessarily mean you'll do 200 damage against every enemy.

Edited by IDiivil

The damage calculations in Dark Souls are somewhat complicated. I believe the damage you inflict is based on the difference between your attack power and the enemy's respective defenses. So as you get later in the game, you'll see that you're doing less and less damage with the same weapon as enemies' defensive stats increase.

For example the drake sword is a good early game weapon with its 200 attack power, but it gets quite weak towards the later parts of the game because it has absolutely no stat scaling. You should consider swapping to some other weapon that has stat scaling.

28 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

The damage calculations in Dark Souls are somewhat complicated. I believe the damage you inflict is based on the difference between your attack power and the enemy's respective defenses. So as you get later in the game, you'll see that you're doing less and less damage with the same weapon as enemies' defensive stats increase.

For example the drake sword is a good early game weapon with its 200 attack power, but it gets quite weak towards the later parts of the game because it has absolutely no stat scaling. You should consider swapping to some other weapon that has stat scaling.

This

Also don't use the darn Dragon Sword. It doesn't prepare you for your journey at all. Enemie's protections ramp up in Sen's Fortress and any other mid- to lategame area (e.g. Darkroot Garden.) There was no patch for weapon scaling/damage output and it's very unlikely that this is going to happen anytime soon.

Judging from the OP, you probably have no build so far. Fix that.