Champs Hall of Trophame!

Meachamp-

I mean I guess I could use a better title. I'm like the most non-creative person ever when it comes to names so any pointers would be nice. :awesome:

So I thought it probably would be the best idea if I was to make one of these before you know I manage to complete around 6 billion platinums and find it hard to maintain so I think I would be able to maintain it while I still have a low number of them. Give me time I'll hit that goal. :P Never going to happen though. Nah, on a serious note I'm not entirely sure how well I'm going to do when it comes to this trophy business. I'll try and keep this as an all-round log. I'll make a list of all the games I have to play through and a list of the games I have played with a rating of difficulty and enjoyment. In all honesty.. I've looked around the trophy checklists and some people have some great layouts. I've decided to mainly copy @Meacham though so it doesn't look like I'm copying anyones but he's family so it's all cool. :lol: Hey, even one day I might even take over him.. Give me YEARS. ?

My story is practically the same as his though, we went round to our uncles and we both seen him playing through Final Fantasy VIII and were absolutely hooked from the instant we saw it. Then the rest is history. Although unlike his story I wasn't really into gaming as much back then as I would rather just play when I went round to my uncles etc. Then obviously when you get older you go to high school and everyones on their consoles. I think in my case most of my school mates were on Xbox so naturally I followed and we used to mainly all of the shooters and stuff. I wasn't really into achievements or having a nice profile or even playing games out of my comfort zone so I never really. It was only until recently that I started doing it. I decided to take the plunge in moving over to PS properly this time and have been given an a massive library of games to keep me occupied in the long run. There's so many games here and everything I have played up to this point has literally been so entertaining to me it feels like I missed out a lot when I was growing up with all these games that I missed. I'm here to stay now and I'm happy I got into it. I'm trying my best to get through everything. I have a long way to go but I thought making this list would help drive me a little bit more and hopefully some of the wonderful friends I've made on here so far can help push me on also.

I think the idea will be, I will make a post in the most recent platinum and then post it in here also. Not a rep thing but I do write quite a bit about the games I have played so the idea was to write in there my full ideas about what I thought and maybe hopefully push people into playing a game they maybe never would of thought to do so. The reason why I would re-post it in here is because I know that thread gets busy so I know not a lot of people would come across my posts therefore if I was to post it again in my own thread then it would be here forever and then people would see what I have to say all the time without having to fly through so many pages on the most recent platinum thread you know? It's a sound idea in theory but I hope it pays off. I'm not the best of writers but I try my best to give what I think and will give brief story overviews and then gameplay segments where what works and what is good and bad maybe. If you see me post that kind of stuff ANY feedback would be most welcome even if it's negative, I'll try to make it as good as I can be. Just know I'm not perfect at doing so and it's more of a new hobby for me.

Let's get down to business

My Backlog in Alphabetical Order

Spoiler
  • Under construction until further notice (Compiling everything I have)

As you can see I have a LOT of games to get through and it can be really tough to choose sometimes so if you do check in on this thread from time to time than any suggestions would be awesome because if you know more about the game than it will push me to play it. So far I've just been going at it blind without knowing too much about the game so if you guys have more information about certain games then I do then it would maybe push me to play it a bit more.

Log of Platinums according to console

Again this thread is basically a copy of @Meacham and I quite liked the idea of counting how many platinums you have based on console so I would like to add it in as well. Should be really easy to keep on top of since I'm so low at the minute so yeah. I don't have a goal for a certain amount of plats on a certain console but I guess it would be nice to have a similar amount per console so that I know I'm getting the most out of all the systems I have on offer.

• PS3 Platinums - #13
  • Vita Platinums - #4
  • PS4 Platinums - #12
  • Games at 100% with no platinum - #2

Now for the main bulk of the thread I guess. I'm not going to explain what I thought of the game as I thought that would bulk up the pages too much and I know it could be a lot of information to go through. Instead I think I will keep my scores and then how long it took me to platinum the game instead. This way I can keep it as simple as possible and if you need some information about the games that I have played then you can keep a look out for more posts when I platinum the game and also you could just ask me and I could answer as many questions about specific stuff that you had in mind. I want to try and keep this as clean as possible.

Platinum 1 - 20

Spoiler

#1 - Alice: Madness Returns (PS3)

1S309f14.png

| Enjoyment: 10/10 | Difficulty: 3/10 | Time to Platinum: 16-20 hours |

#2 - Assassin's Creed II (PS3)

1S61800c.png

| Enjoyment: 10/10 | Difficulty: 2/10 | Time to Platinum: 16-20 hours |

#3 - Assassin's Creed II (PS4)

1S61800c.png

| Enjoyment: 10/10 | Difficulty: 2/10 | Time to Platinum: 16-20 hours |

#4 - Resident Evil 0 (PS4)

1S4a1ca8.png

| Enjoyment: 10/10 | Difficulty: 5/10 | Time to Platinum: 20 hours |

#5 - Resident Evil (PS4)

1S40a067.png

| Enjoyment: 10/10 | Difficulty: 5/10 | Time to Platinum: 20 hours |

#6 - Hitman: Absolution (PS3)

1S12e29f.png

| Enjoyment: 9/10 | Difficulty: 2/10 | Time to Platinum: 12 hours |

#7 - Claire (PS4)

1S78506f.png

| Enjoyment: 8/10 | Difficulty: 2/10 | Time to Platinum: 3 hours |

#8 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (PS4)

1S489bd6.png

| Enjoyment: 10/10 | Difficulty: 3/10 | Time to Platinum: 15 hours |

#9 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)

1S489bd6.png

| Enjoyment: 10/10 | Difficulty: 2/10 | Time to Platinum: 10 hours |

#10 - Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4)

1S512d90.png

| Enjoyment: 10/10 | Difficulty: 4/10 | Time to Platinum: 104 hours |

#11 - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS3)

1S886c70.png

| Enjoyment: 8/10 | Difficulty: 4/10 | Time to Platinum: 30 hours |

#12 - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS4)

1S886c70.png

| Enjoyment: 8/10 | Difficulty: 2/10 | Time to Platinum: 20 hours |

#13 - Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3)

1Sa5be93.png

| Enjoyment: 8/10 | Difficulty: 2/10 | Time to Platinum: 22 hours |

#14 - Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS4)

1Sa5be93.png

| Enjoyment: 8/10 | Difficulty: 2/10 | Time to Platinum: 16-20 hours |

#15 - Okami HD (PS3)

1S0beebf.png

| Enjoyment: 9/10 | Difficulty: 3/10 | Time to Platinum: 60 hours |

#16 - Amnesia: Memories (Vita)

1S1a5362.png

| Enjoyment: 5/10 | Difficulty: 1/10 | Time to Platinum: 15 hours |

#17 - XBlaze: Lost Memories (PS3)

1Sadab3e.png

| Enjoyment: 7/10 | Difficulty: 1/10 | Time to Platinum: 10 hours |

#18 - Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PS4)

1Sf9dd86.png

| Enjoyment: 8/10 | Difficulty: 2/10 | Time to Platinum: 3 hours |

#19 - Life is Strange (PS4)

(Image is white for some reason)

| Enjoyment: 7/10 | Difficulty: 1/10 | Time to Platinum: 10 hours |

#20 - Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS4)

1S473173.png

| Enjoyment: 10/10 | Difficulty: 4/10 | Time to Platinum: 80 hours |

Platinum 21 - 40

Spoiler

#21 - Root Letter (Vita) (EU)

1S98949b.png

| Enjoyment: 9/10 | Difficulty: 1/10 | Time to Platinum: 10 hours |

#22 - God of War (Vita)

1S317bfd.png

| Enjoyment: 10/10 | Difficulty: 3/10 | Time to Platinum: 10 hours |

#23 - God of War II (Vita)

1S4ef3cd.png

#24 - God of War (PS3)

1S317bfd.png

| Enjoyment: 10/10 | Difficulty: 3/10 | Time to Platinum: 7 hours |

#25 - God of War II (PS3)

1S4ef3cd.png

#26 - God of War: Chains of Olympus (PS3)

1S0379f9.png

| Enjoyment: 8/10 | Difficulty: 3/10 | Time to Platinum: 10 hours |

#27 - God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PS3)

1Sab2647.png

#28 - God of War (PS4)
1S4e5ec2.png

| Enjoyment: 10/10 | Difficulty: 3/10 | Time to Platinum: 30 hours |

#29 - Crysis HD (PS3)

1S355fea.png

| Enjoyment: 9/10 | Difficulty: 2/10 | Time to Platinum 10 hours |

Also, this is just a basic concept for now so I can keep on top of it while I'm still early in the process. I will try and edit it to my own kind of style whenever I can. I don't want to copy anyone but at the moment I don't have any ideas that could quite possibly make this my own. I will however try my best to come up with something.

Edited by Meachamp-
  • Like 2

Recommedations..For now instead of this page being just a reserved spot post. I'd like to make it a Recommendations post.

If you look through my backlog and don't see any games there that are really good then recommend them to me. I'd love to start new series' whenever I can so I hope some people whoever reads this gives me some ideas on what to add.

Recommendations:

Spoiler
  • Code: Realize - Guardian of Rebirth
  • Danganronpa
  • Dead Nation
  • Dokuro
  • Frozen Synapse Prime
  • Gravity Rush
  • Killzone: Mercenary
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted
  • Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
  • Severed
  • Sly Cooper
  • Steins;Gate
  • Super Time Force Ultra
  • Tearaway
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Velocity Ultra
  • Volume
  • Zero Escape

Edited by Meachamp-

Now those are quite a lot of reservation posts, exactly how much are you looking to write anyway? :awesome: 

Just kidding, I thought about doing the same with my journal when I was about to post it... but then I messed up and ended publishing the whole thing before it was ready. It should be buried somewhere around here, I will get to update it at some point. Whenever I feel like it, I guess I'm just as lazy as that. ?

Anyways, congrats on your Checklist. Will be following your progress from here from now on. I'm pretty sure you are going to end surpassing my Platinum count before the end of the year, pretty much ;)  Since you already have your hands full with Okami (Best game ever! O_O Don't let people tell you otherwise!) I will be saving my recommendation for when you finish that one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Now those are quite a lot of reservation posts, exactly how much are you looking to write anyway? :awesome: 

Just kidding, I thought about doing the same with my journal when I was about to post it... but then I messed up and ended publishing the whole thing before it was ready. It should be buried somewhere around here, I will get to update it at some point. Whenever I feel like it, I guess I'm just as lazy as that. 1f630.png

Anyways, congrats on your Checklist. Will be following your progress from here from now on. I'm pretty sure you are going to end surpassing my Platinum count before the end of the year, pretty much ;)  Since you already have your hands full with Okami (Best game ever! O_O Don't let people tell you otherwise!) I will be saving my recommendation for when you finish that one.

They're reservation posts INCASE I manage to hit 300 platinums at some point. Gonna keep 100 to a page. Even if I don't the pages will get used for something I'm sure! :P Got to prepare for the future eh! All I really need is a nice little banner. hmmmm

Ohh! I'll make sure to check it out myself as soon as I can! I don't mind reading away. I thought I would do it now instead of hitting many more platinums and then having to update it so much. It might not seem like much now but wait until I buff out the account.

Thank you! Ohh I dunno, I'm pretty sure you're playing longer or harder games than I am so I wouldn't go into that much in terms of overtaking you know? But then again if you check my backlog I literally have too much to do and a lot of long games are on there also! 

As far as Okami is concerned I'm loving it so far, it's very different than a lot of things out there even this day. The artwork is great, the combat is pretty fun and the setting and surroundings are brilliant. I can imagine it looks even better on the PS4. The only issue I have with the game is that you can use your PS4 controller because my PS3 one isn't the best really so when I'm drawing the analog sticks so I mess up quite a lot. I've recently just beat the Spider apparently so who knows how long I have left.

Edited by Meachamp-
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Meachamp- said:

As far as Okami is concerned I'm loving it so far, it's very different than a lot of things out there even this day. The artwork is great, the combat is pretty fun and the setting and surroundings are brilliant. I can imagine it looks even better on the PS4. The only issue I have with the game is that you can use your PS4 controller because my PS3 one isn't the best really so when I'm drawing the analog sticks so I mess up quite a lot. I've recently just beat the Spider apparently so who knows how long I have left.

Yes, yes. Good! :D That's the magic of Okami. If you're talking about the Spider Queen, I'd say you're about 15-20% of the story. Your journey is far from over! ^_^

Be sure to check on a guide for some enemies that are missable at some points during the story so you don't end up having to do a second playthrough for missing those guys.

• Like 1

Hey, dude. I thought I'd share my Vita game recommendations over here. I'm only gonna list the games/series that I really liked:

Spoiler
  • Code: Realize - Guardian of Rebirth
  • Danganronpa
  • Dead Nation
  • Dokuro
  • Frozen Synapse Prime
  • Gravity Rush
  • Killzone: Mercenary
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted
  • Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
  • Severed
  • Sly Cooper
  • Steins;Gate
  • Super Time Force Ultra
  • Tearaway
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Velocity Ultra
  • Volume
  • Zero Escape

Most of these games even have stackable lists on PS3 and/or PS4 (Code: Realize, Danganronpa, Dead Nation, Frozen Synapse Prime, Gravity Rush, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, Sly Cooper, Steins;Gate, Tearaway, and Volume). I just thought I'd mention that since I know you don't mind stacking. ;)

On 6/19/2018 at 3:32 PM, Meachamp- said:

I'm like the most non-creative person ever when it comes to names so any pointers would be nice. :awesome:

Trophy Hall of Champame. :awesome: See, you're not the only non-creative person. :P

Seriously though, this is shaping up to be a nice checklist. It's a good thing you started it that early on, let me tell you that. :lol: As for the style/format, don't worry too much about it, especially if you're not the creative type. It's good as it is, but I guess if you wanna try something different eventually then go for it. In any case, I look forward to reading your future posts here. :)

On 6/19/2018 at 3:32 PM, Meachamp- said:

Hey, even one day I might even take over him.. Give me YEARS. 1f62d.png

I look forward to that day. :awesome:

Edited by cr1s

18 minutes ago, cr1s said:

. :awesome:

I appreciate that list! I really do. I've added them all to my recommendations.. and I'll have a look through the vita backlog to see what I've got now that I've figured it out. ;) 

We should leave the creative things to others it seems. :lol: To be honest, it's just going to stay like this for a while in terms of format and I'll adjust it when I buff out my account more. 

Stackchamp is on a roll. :awesome:

21 minutes ago, cr1s said:

I look forward to that day. :awesome:

It'll take me one hell of a long time to even get close let alone surpass. I've barely hit 20 he's done that times 10. ?

On 6/19/2018 at 8:10 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Yes, yes. Good! :D That's the magic of Okami. If you're talking about the Spider Queen, I'd say you're about 15-20% of the story. Your journey is far from over! ^_^

I'm pretty sure you meant 0.15% this game is really long :lol: 

4 hours ago, Meachamp- said:

I'm pretty sure you meant 0.15% this game is really long :lol: 

lol It's like a Zelda game in terms of length. ?

I remember the first time I played it, I thought I was already finished after killing the Spider Queen and was satisfied with the game already and then boom, the game opens up even more. It does that like 3 more times throughout the story. xD When the narration says that your journey is "far from over" they truly mean it lmao

2 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

lol It's like a Zelda game in terms of length. 1f605.png

I remember the first time I played it, I thought I was already finished after killing the Spider Queen and was satisfied with the game already and then boom, the game opens up even more. It does that like 3 more times throughout the story. xD When the narration says that your journey is "far from over" they truly mean it lmao

They definitely weren’t kidding hahha 

Well I should be close now I think, I’ve just gone through the spirit gate.. unless I’m like 50% ?

1 hour ago, Meachamp- said:

They definitely weren’t kidding hahha 

Well I should be close now I think, I’ve just gone through the spirit gate.. unless I’m like 50% 1f602.png

Definitely, I think you're like at 80% of the game. Just a little more and your journey will end for real this time. ?

• Like 1

Okami HD

1Lc0b30d.png

:platinum: #15

Time to Platinum: 60 hours | Difficulty: 3/10 | Enjoyment: 9/10

So I decided to play an established PS2 classic from which I heard nothing but praise from. I can't believe I missed this game during my PS2 games. I guess maybe I didn't really like the look of it when I was younger. What's the old saying though? "Never judge a book by a cover" for me it was just that and I was shocked at how good this game actually turned out to be.

Spoiler

Overview

The story begins with a back story about a white wolf named Shiranui and swordsman called Nagi had fought and sealed the eight-headed demon Orochi at a cave in Nippon to save a village where a sacrifice happens every time the full moon occurs. After 100 years someone who doesn't believe in the legend removes the sword holding Orochi back from the world and doing so unleashes a catastrophic series of events for the whole world. A wood sprite known as Sakuya calls upon the Goddess of the Sun, Amaterasu. Who takes the form of Shiranui re-igniting an old legend. You then have a companion known as Issun who helps you on your journey in order to restore the world to a time of peace. A lot of stuff happens in this game and it's really not that simple so that's the most brief version I could write.

Character & Level Design

There isn't much to say about Amaterasu really as she doesn't say a word. What you can say is that she helps everyone that she can and is very inteligent. Very much the strong silent protagonist type. She is a cool white wolf who has many different powers and although doesn't really speak has a good personality if that makes sense? Issun the side kick is more annoying than helpful in my opinion. Always bouncing around running his mouth, offended at every bit of banter. Especially whenever Waka was around. He got annoying pretty quick but near the end he seemed to mellow out a bit so there was some growth. The rest of the characters you can't really talk about because you don't see them much. Waka you see a couple of times but he tells you what he wants and then just flies off. So there isn't much to say I guess. Oh, Susano a descendant of Nagi is basically Mr. Satan from Dragon Ball Z.. that's the best comparison I can give him. He was actually quite funny sometimes.

Level Design is where the game shines really. It's a Japanese game set in Japan so you best believe it would be colourful. It's full of life, great landscapes full of life with animals that you can feed for praise throughout the game. Enemies everywhere as demon scrolls which are colourful themselves. Once the game opens up to you there's a lot of different areas with different contrasts. There's Agata forest which is forest area (obviously) with a marsh, place to fish hidden caves etc. All the way to Kamui which is the massive snow areas where blizzards are blowing everywhere. There's a lot more but just examples of the areas and they all are different really. They're all really nice.

Gameplay

Gameplay is a little unique really, in your travels you gain different brush techniques and a lot of them have different properties and they all help with different enemies etc which makes experimenting in battle a heck a lot of fun. Once you find weaknesses etc you'll love the combat. You then have 3 types of weapons. Glaives, Beads and Reflectors.. none are better than the other really and are all personal preference so the choice is yours. That's a great thing about this game is the choice when it comes to the combat. Obviously enemies have weaknesses and do a lot more damage but that's entirely up to you and how you approach the fights are up to you to.

There's some puzzles you have to do in some areas and they are quite fun. There's a lot of side content to and all of them have to be done for some beads and some money which help a lot on your journey.

Trophies

Nothing to out of the ordinary here. The bulk of the trophies are from learning your brush techniques and from taking out the bosses of the game. They're all pretty straightforward and you will earn all of them when going through the game. Some others are just for filling out all of your scrolls. So all techniques, all fish, treasures, stray beads. Basically your collectibles and there is a lot of all of them but they're not too bad to collect. I would say use some guides for them though otherwise you will be doing a lot of backtracking for them and the bestiary for filling out all enemies is technically missable. There are a couple missable ones, such as getting a cherry tree ranking and they have a few requirements which are pretty simple to complete to be honest. If you collect everything before finishing the game then you should have no problem with getting the rank.

Some of the other trophies are for doing some side bosses such as the Kusa 5 and the extreme demon gates. Nothing too demanding though they are basically things you do right before you enter the final boss.

Conclussion

A great game I'm glad I finally got round to playing. Something I wouldn't of picked up back in the day but I'm glad I already had it here to play and it was a great game. It takes a while to get into and at the start it can be a little overwhelming with all the paths and finding stuff you can use your brush techniques on until later in the game so just be prepared to do some backtracking but nothing to crazy as long as you keep on top of it

• Like 1

A lot of stuff happens in this game and it's really not that simple so that's the most brief version I could write.

It's actually a great summary of the beginning of the game. Better leave it till there, otherwise, you may end up spoiling the rest of the journey for other players. It is pretty amazing how the game manages to open up its story time and time and again just when you think you're about to finish it.

Oh, Susano a descendant of Nagi is basically Mr. Satan from Dragon Ball Z.. that's the best comparison I can give him. He was actually quite funny sometimes.

Pretty much xD

Everything else is spot on. Glad to hear that you liked the game. It's definitely a classic. The only complain I have about it, is that it is way too easy as far as puzzles and combat go. The game never really presents a good challenge. Other than that, it is excellent. It is more of a journey that needs to be experienced and enjoyed.

Let's have one of those famous howls of yours! ;)

c130e05ce74e53099bb870bf78a56b46.gif

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Everything else is spot on. Glad to hear that you liked the game. It's definitely a classic. The only complain I have about it, is that it is way too easy as far as puzzles and combat go. The game never really presents a good challenge. Other than that, it is excellent. It is more of a journey that needs to be experienced and enjoyed

I definitely agree with this. That's pretty much the only complaint I had as well, that and the fact there was no voices. :lol: That wasn't a ridiculously big deal but the noises the characters made was just annoying.

Definitely glad I played this one. Something I never looked into in the past so yeah. Good stuff. :) 

• Like 1

Amnesia: Memories

1Lb8d63a.png

:platinum: #16

Time to Platinum: 15 hours | Difficulty: 1/10 | Enjoyment: 5/10

A game that will not need one of my long ass posts at all. As everything is all story related and there are so many stories going on that it would be kind of hard to make an overview. Also, there isn't really gameplay as you're just making decisions throughout your playthroughs so all you're really doing is chilling and reading a story. It's an Otome game though so I wasn't really expecting it to appeal to me since you know, I'm a male BUT I'm a sucker for a story and decided to give it a go.

All characters are annoying really but if I was to choose someone who had a half a brain it would be Kent I guess? He was the only one who seemed sane, awkward but sane.

The rest can all make an emo boy band :lol:

Oh an there was a couple of side games of air hockey and rock papers scissors which were an okay addition but pretty much useless besides the trophies and a picture at the end for the gallery.

Some stories were really weird with there being a attempted murder, playboy, doll fanatic, extreme psycho and Kent. That's the overview you're getting for this one. :P 

Ohh it's my first Vita platinum so there's that! :awesome:

• Like 1

XBlaze: Lost Memories

1L5c95c4.png

:platinum: #17

| Time to Platinum: 10 hours | Difficulty: 1/10 | Enjoyment: 7/10 |

Again this is a title which will not need a long post as this one is probably a little more simpler than the last one. This time you get to controller a character and pick up some fragments in a 2d world. I did like this one more than the previous game Amnesia. You literally could just sit and chill to this one especially when watching some of the memories. They were quite long and had a lot of information.

Overall good game. It's a sequel though so it would of been best to play the first one more likely but you get the idea when you play this one. I think the memories in this one were a recap of the first game. (Could be wrong) overall it was a quite enjoyable title. It's tied in to the Blazblue world apparently so I'm actually quite interested in playing it now. :P 

The overview for this one would be, you find yourself in the phantom field looking for your little sister. Accompanied by Nobody (that's a name) you have to make your way to the bottom floor to catch up with her. As you go through you go through a lot of memories to try and help settle something.

• Like 1

Oh, BlazBlue is an awesome series of figthing games. Definitely recommended. If you get to them and need a boosting partner, let me know as I still have a number of those games peding on my backlog :P

The story in those games goes actually pretty deep compared to most figthing games and I really enjoyed how they fleshed the character's motivation and whatnot. It plays a lot like a VN with a lot to watch and read. Looking forward to get those Xblaze games to expand upon that universe at some point.

New update.. managed to platinum..

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

1Lf4cd41.png

:platinum: #18

| Time to Platinum: 3 hours | Difficulty: 2/10 | Enjoyment: 8/10 |

Another simple game. I mean, I'm not starting anything hardcore just yet, it's summer after all so I'm taking my time chilling with some other good stuff. Might be "easy plats" to some people but to me they're just fun games, this one is super short but it's a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend it. Very fun cartoon puzzle game with a lot of humor in so yeah. Had a good blast with this one.

1 hour ago, Honor_Hand said:

Oh, BlazBlue is an awesome series of figthing games. Definitely recommended. If you get to them and need a boosting partner, let me know as I still have a number of those games peding on my backlog :P

The story in those games goes actually pretty deep compared to most figthing games and I really enjoyed how they fleshed the character's motivation and whatnot. It plays a lot like a VN with a lot to watch and read. Looking forward to get those Xblaze games to expand upon that universe at some point.

It's not a priority for me to get them so I'll probably keep an eye out for them whenever I got to the store or whenever they are on sale on PS store as well. I was going to say, this game had a lot of information in it and tied it in. I doubt they would of made the effort if the fighting games didn't offer much you know. I'm glad they go deep in comparison that's something I've never really liked about fighting games because it just becomes stale after a while so hearing that is helping me and my decisions!

Well I think (may be wrong) but I think these games are set as a sort of prequel to the whole thing. I don't recognise any of the characters from the cases or just any that I've seen from Blazblue but if you're a fan I'm sure you'd notice comparisons more than I would.

• Like 1

Life is Strange

Image result for life is strange platinum image

:platinum: #19

Time to Platinum: 10 Hours | Difficulty: 1/10 | Enjoyment: 7/10

If it wasn't for them final two chapters I would of given the game a 5/10 to be honest. It's a shame it takes until near the end of the game for it to get interesting. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the game. I just don't understand the massive hype the game has around it. The ideas were cool and the story wasn't too bad near the end like I said but damn I could not get behind any of the characters at all. They were all just so annoying really, probably the main reason I didn't like the game as much as everyone else. Still, I can say I've experienced it now but again. I'm not hating on it, I just don't see the massive hype.

Spoiler

Overview

Normal school day for Max at Blackwell Academy, goes to the bathroom, see's something goes down and finds out she has the ability to rewind time. Max then meets up with her old best mate Chloe and they go on an adventure finding out stuff about people they care about and what is happening at the school. Not much else to say other than that. Mainly because anything else would be a spoiler. Oh and you go around photographing everything which ultimately wouldn't matter much because you're time jumping most of the game.

Characters & Level Design

For spoilers sake I'll just talk about Max and Chloe. Everyone else would need some explanation and if you're reading this and don't want to know what happens then that's good. Even if you see a sneak peak at a name by accident. You'll be expecting something from them so I'll just do these two characters since it's pretty much based around them anyway.

Max is your hipster photographer. She doesn't really have a set personality due to the decisions you make in the game. Not a bad thing but you literally don't see much about her past or what got her into photography or anything than that. She has a phone with texts from her mum and dad but you don't see them throughout the game. Even though you have the personality choices some background info on Max would of been quite nice. Also, the choices in this game don't really flesh her out either. She's quite dull really. She cares about her friends but other than that she's quiet dull.

Chloe on the other hand is the "feel sorry for me" kind of girl. A tragic event happens in her life and she basically hates the world where everyone else is trying to move. Backstory was added here because it was necessary to the whole why Chloe was the way she was. She's got a serious attitude problem and she hates it when nothing goes her way proven by some of the choices max makes while she's around. Although she understands later on it's kind of too late by that point. She hates the world and everything in it because she can't move on.

Level design. Isn't much to say really. Nothing really too open, you have your tiny segments which you can explore and take some photos or talk to some other people to create dialogue and future speech with them where they are nice to you or just horrible etc. Also, the majority of the trophies include taking pictures of stuff in the environment which I didn't mind much it was a nice feature to have but like I mentioned before, moss of them would of just been null anyway cause of constant jumping around so she wouldn't even have half of them anyway. The art work is nice though so there's that. It's got some good lighting and the world is quite colorful.

Gameplay

Nothing too special about the gameplay really. You just move around in small areas talking to people and taking photos. Doing that in different areas every time you progress with the story. Nothing wrong with it at all, it's a chilled game besides the story but again, gameplay is just simple. Also, you make a lot of choices and if you don't like them, rewind!

Trophies

Another simple section for me to fill in haha. All of the trophies are from taking the optional photo's throughout the chapter, 10 in each and then you get a trophy for completing all 10 in the chapter. After that, you have the finish the chapter trophies and that's it. Simple, which makes it weird that even though it's so simple that the rarity is still quite low for the game it is really.

Conclussion

At the end of the day, it's all opinions. We don't have the same ones and some people just don't have to like the same thing as everyone else. I just couldn't invest into the characters that much and as a person who loves a good story. It really made the game feel a lot worse than it probably should of been. The idea of the powers and everything else, story etc was okay. Nothing ground breaking but good enough. Just poor characters really let this game down for me.

• Like 1

Milestone update

Trophy 1,000

27L174348.png

Grandpa's Memoir

Found Four-Star Ball!

So I've been trophy hunting since late April now and I think I've come quite a long way in almost 3 months. So 1,000 trophies is pretty big for me and I wanted something for the milestone so being a big fan of the Dragon Ball universe and currently working on my 20th platinum which is Dragon Ball Xenoverse. I wanted a trophy that would have some meaning. So as a fan I thought what better trophy to get than to get something that kicked off the whole story which is Goku having hold of the 4-star ball!

Edited by Meachamp-
  • Like 2

:platinum: Dragon Ball RNGXenoverse

1L6e9f83.png

:platinum: #20 ~ Rarity: 3.78

Time to Platinum: 80 hours | Difficulty: 4/10 | Enjoyment: 10/10

My first Dragon Ball game so naturally I can't compare it to the other games that have been released but I absolutely loved this one even though it's basically doing the same thing over and over again multiple times with a huge amount of luck added on top of that for which is the majority of the game. If you didn't need to farm all of the moves and characters, the platinum would be much more achievable.

Spoiler

Overview

The Dragon Ball series we all know and love makes an epic return. You get to create your own race and build them to however you want. Tall, short, fat, thin, muscly etc. There's a lot of customisation at the start of this game that can be a lot of fun to go through but it is highly recommended that you take your time with it because if you want to edit your player you'll have to collect Dragon Balls and make an unnecessary and extra wish.

Once you're character has been created you are then sent to a city with Future Trunks, his job is preserve the time line of history and you are summoned to help the disruptions. So you're job is to go through every single DBZ saga and fix it. Meaning you get to play through all the bad ass scenes you experience when you watch the show from very start of Raditz landing on earth all the way through to Beerus turning up at the start of Super. Don't worry about it though, it won't go into detail about Super besides characters. Then there's the story plot of it's own. So you travel through all these bad ass scenarios fixing time while an overlapping story is happening as well, so you help out Goku and the gang and also fight enemies who are making the timeline how it is. Which in my opinion makes it very cool.

Bit of a different overview than usual but it's basically playing through DBZ with your own character and extended universe

Characters & Level Design

All the characters you grew up loving & hating. All characters are playable from the series and they don't really have personalities other than a few lines of text on the screen but if you've watched the shows than you'll know how they are anyway. The new characters are your typical villains though and for spoiler purposes I won't even mention them. You're own character doesn't really have a voice apart from when he's screaming out the moves he's using and that's only a partial speech. Similar to them games where you can choose a voice but it's mainly for grunting when fighting etc.

Level design is again all places you grew up knowing. Namek, West City, Pod Landing where Raditz lands, above Planet Vegeta, Space. All these epic battleground locations from the movies and tv show. All expanded on and all able to be destroyed depending on your special moves.

Gameplay

This can be a little tough to grasp at the start because the movement is so fast paced even now it's still hard to fight sometimes but it's pretty solid in my opinion, you can fly everywhere put a load of moves together etc. There are a ton of moves to collect throughout the whole of the game. You'll spend the majority of your time in Parallel quests. Scenarios from the show where you fight on either side and you have to get enemies to drop their skills and you will be playing all of them a number of times which is why the game takes so long to platinum.

This is where the game shines though, there are so many moves to use from the world that it can be a little overwhelming. When I say a lot. I genuinely think every single special move is in the game from the shows. Which is brilliant to be honest and some moves are just more powerful versions of their previous forms. One badass set of moves are obviously Super Saiyan if you chose that class. You can also use Super Vegeta which is a poweful version of SS which makes you able to spam Ultimate moves over and over again.

Each character has different move presets and outfits to with different stats assigned to them so there's a lot to choose from as well. For the most part I used Vegeta when he was fighting Buu and some GT stuff was in it as well so I used Gogeta (Super Saiyan 4) and the pretty much kick ass.

Trophies

I think the rarity may put people off but the game isn't necessarily hard, it just involves a whole lot of luck. There's your usual complete story missions so all your sagas which give a nice amount of trophies. There's complete training with your masters, where you have masters from the universe and they teach you loads of new moves and you can raise your friendship with them. There's a trophy for finishing training with each master which again fills up quite a lot of trophies. There's a few online ones which can be easily boosted with a partner. Literally 7 wins and 7 revies and watch 7 matches, nothing hardcore like most fighting games to be honest. There's a few for completing all Parallel quests, again, nothing to painful about this. You can literally finish them with any ranking you want. You'll spend most of your time on them anyway farming for moves so you'll get Z rank a lot anyway for more XP and Zeni. There's one for having 500k Zeni at one time which will come naturally, since you don't really need to buy anything bar moves and healing stuff but you don't really need them either. Last but not least are the two UR trophies. Obtaining all Super and Ultimate attacks. This is what the game is basically all about, farming the Parallel quests. Once you have unlocked all of them, you then have to collect the dragon balls 4 times each to unlock more moves. The drops in the Parallel quest are so random. You can get them on your 5th try or your 50th you know but I didn't have that much problems with them to be honest.

Conclussion

Again, this is my first DB game so I can't really compare it to any other of the games but I found this one to be a whole lot of fun. If you do plan on platinuming this game then I suggest that you have some patience. Find something you want to watch, listen to etc and be in for a grind. I found it a fun one though but I'm a fan of the show so it was great fighting all these classic people from a show I grew up loving.

If any help is needed with PQs then please let me know and I'll tell you my set up and stats for flying through all of them with absolutely no problems beating them.

• Like 1

:platinum: ~Root Letter (Vita)

1L1f1c1b.png

:platinum: #21 ~ Rarity: 56.14%

Time to Platinum: 10 hours | Difficulty: 1/10 | Enjoyment: 9/10

No long post needed, simple VN really. The game starts off simple enough all the way up to chapter 8. Then the story line endings just burst out of nowhere and make it so random. There's hints through out the game that was going to happen but it just happens so randomly after it being so calm. :lol: Three weird endings and two normal endings I would say with the actual final playthrough being the best ending and I'm glad it happened.

Most characters are okay, some more annoying than others. Looking at you "Four eyes" especially the lead "Max" he seems to be a bit of a idiot to be honest. Some of his methods for getting information were a little unorthodox if you ask me. :P Speaking of nicknames. The ones in this game are just so random and most of them are insulting. There's Four eyes, Bitch, Shorty, Snappy, Monkey and Bestie. Some are fine sure but it just felt so out of place whenever Max was using them. :lol: Like there's a scene where Max meets "fatty's" wife in a shop and he's like "How's Fatty doing" like wtf you barely know these people. :P 

Everything is just simple really, you just make use of your menu throughout the game and you go on a good adventure. I really enjoyed it at least.

• Like 1

God of War (VITA)

1L0e16d9.png

:platinum: #22

Time to platinum: 10 hours | Difficulty: 3/10 | Enjoyment: 9/10

I mentioned in my status update how I was playing through the new one and I was absolutely loving it. I liked it that much that I decided to try and nail the platinum for my "1337" trophy so I decided that it would be time to build up some trophy count as I have around 200 before I even get close. So I thought there was a great opportunity to play the first few games so obviously that meant playing through the first few. Although very basic (should of started this waaaay before I even attempted the new one) it was great to play a classic game that I haven't played in so many years. Seeing a much younger and hotheaded Kratos in comparison to the new one is actually quite a big change.

Spoiler

Overview

I'm pretty sure everyone knows this by now but to be put basically. You play as Kratos a man looking for revenge on the God of War. After giving his life to Ares, the God of War he then was tricked by him. So the whole purpose of this game is to get your revenge. Also, if you don't know what happens it's not just a little trick either. Something major. That's it really. You then have to go through a set of events to gain the power of beating him.

Gameplay

You're old school kind of PS2 action-adventure really. You smash a set of buttons on some enemies which throw out some badass moves on a load of different enemies at once. You can mix up the combos or you can keep it really simple really with just the same ones over and over but experimenting is the key on these games and besides you need to do some combos in order to break shields of enemies and what not. You also have a blue magic bar where throughout the game you pick up powers left to you from the Gods. Which gives the game a nice little kick. I've pressed :circle: so many times today doing the speedrun with the infinite magic. 

The rest is just puzzles throughout and nothing overly complicated. The games linear but some parts can be a little tough to figure out and navigate unless you've played the game before such as the cliffs when trying to get the necklaces to extend the bridges. It's a linear area but it's just a little confusing but yeah. Nothing too complicated to keep you from the platinum or carrying on with the story just can suck up some time.

Characters

The main one is Kratos and even if you haven't played the games before you would of heard how he's possibly one of the most angriest men in video games. He's just relentless and I think that's what make his character and games so liked. It makes it a lot more fun. In this game he just has one frame of mind and that's revenge and with good reason I guess. He doesn't really show any other emotions but he literally only has that one anyway. :lol: 

Everyone else doesn't really matter. The God's make an appearance through a magic hologram thing but it's only to give Kratos some powers so you don't really get there emotions and how the act and all that stuff. Even the people he speaks to in game are there merely seconds. Oracle, the grave digger etc etc. So yeah, nothing really too deep about characters in this game. Same with Ares, you only see him in a handful of scenes but all he does is torment Kratos.

Trophies

Nothing to annoying really other than the "Challenge of the Gods" but in all honesty it didn't take that long. I'm not going to say the difficulty is exaggerated on how hard they are because difficulty is subjective but there are ways to make it a lot easier on yourself. I didn't have a problem with it. The rest are rather simple really. There's the progression through the game really a lot of unmissables. In the form of fights with a certain enemy or picking up a power from the gods. They are basically your story trophies. There are no difficulty trophies to worry about in the game but there is a speedrun trophy. Which I absolutely will say that should be saved for after completing the game and the challenge of the gods. You get an outfit called "Dairy Bastard" yup that's the actual name. Basically Kratos in a cow suit and instead of blade he has milk cartons as his swords but the best thing about this suit is. Infinite Magic. So what I did for my speedrun trophy was I made sure I started the game with that suit and that I never went out of my way for collectibles that could help improve magic of health. There literally wasn't any need. Whatever red orbs I did get I focused on Poseidon's Rage magic and got that to max level and the same with the blades. Near the end I did use Army of Hades so I could rest my thumb :lol: I finished the game in around 3 hours maybe? It's really doable in 5 hours so don't worry. The rest are misc and can be picked up literally anywhere besides a couple that have to be done at certain points.

Conclussion

Great to live through this game again like I did all them years ago. Lucky for me when playing through the new one there are a lot of references to the older games. Not really necessary to play through these old ones first but you get a feel on the situation a lot more and why he tries to hide it from his son etc. So yeah playing through these before the new one isn't necessary but would go a long way. I loved this game again and had a blast with it. Felt very good on the Vita as well. Who knows, maybe one day I'll play the PS3 version as well.

So I thought, instead of just copying and pasting from Most Recent Platinum that I'd do some sort of daily blog on the progress I've made on some games. I figured this might help me vent my frustrations with any games that I'm playing. How I managed to do something to get round it easier. Anything that I can think of from the day as to what kind of progress that I actually made. 

I think I'll do them daily. That way it helps motivate me as well and tries to give a more detail explanation of what I like and don't like about some games. Some days aren't going to be full of information and some are. It depends on how much progress that I made on the game really. I'm hoping that this may get some more people to interact and help each other with tips and what they think of the game. Since this is my checklist and it's basically everything related to my gaming, any kind of feedback would be awesome.

Log #1 

So today was the day I carried on with my God of War series that I have going on trying to build up my trophy count for the new one to be a milestone. Since I already have 1 and 2 done on both Vita and the PS3 I thought I would do something a little different than jump on God of War 3. Which I am super excited to replay again by the way, nothing but badassery. Anyway, I started Chains of Olympus today and right away you can tell it's a port of a handheld game. The feel, the graphics and the missions you can just tell. It's not a bad port mind you but for some reason I'm having issues with sound in my copy. I'm not sure if that's a common occurrence but Kratos usually makes sounds whenever he swings his blades etc. It's not really a big deal but you can't really hear anything besides the background music and the enemies.

Cutscenes are fine though so it's not too much of an issue. Although it was made after 2. It is the sequel prequel to the first game. The very first game in timeline is Ascension which I will get round to playing eventually.

The moves are all the same from God of War II so combat flows really nice. The areas are a lot smaller than typical games so it's easy to navigate and find all your collectibles. I haven't got too far into it though. I'm still at the start really. I think I'm about to fight the Basilisk.

(Oh, if I think anything is spoiler worthy. I'll put it all in spoilers) Don't want people to read my stuff and be like "WHY TELL US WHAT HAPPENED"

So that was my first impression I guess, I can't say much else other than it's pretty good but I haven't even got deep enough yet so we'll see what day 2 has in store tomorrow. 

Edited by Meachamp-
  • Like 1