Intoner_Zero's Backlog Collection, dammit!

Intoner_Zero

• 2 months later...

Plat #125- Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

Great VN puzzle game. I played the first game on 3DS some years ago, so the second part was some new stuff for me. It was quite interesting, a little confusing, and sometimes I saw things happening a mile away 'cuz anime plots. And like always, I fell asleep like every single damn time when doing a play session. I must have VNarcolepsy™. :awesome:

Plat #126- Thimbleweed Park

Not too bad of a point & click. Breaks the 4th wall and there's small town weirdness to be had. I think it could have been more *bleeping* weirder tho.

100% Syberia

I can see why this is/was popular when it was first released. The motion capture and cinematic movies were amazing. A nice little point & click adventure with a pleasant cast with a straightforward plot.

Plat #127- Sherlock Holmes: Crime & Punishments

Various cases to get through as the famous detective, nothing too bad if you follow a guide. I liked the variety of the case circumstances and backgrounds/aesthetics. Interacting with Watson, Lestraude, and Toby was equally fun as well, along with the suspects and witnesses.

Plat #128- The Darkness II

Never played the first game, but the look of the second game really appealed to me and got it in a sale a few years ago. Finally played it a couple days ago as I'm currently on a PS3 kick. It's a really fun game and the FPS aspect is easy to grasp, along with controlling your demon appendages. Things can get pretty bloody and gory, something I'm ok with. I mean, look at that goon cut clean in half! :eyebrow:

Collectables aren't too bad either. Almost all the characters are really likable and the dialogue is witty and damn funny at times. It doesn't seem there'll be a Part 3, given how the ending went in Part 2, and that kind of sucks. I would love to see more, especially if the game continued on in that cell-shaded comic aesthetic. Since I liked The Darkness so much, I'm looking into reading the comics sometime and I don't usually read western comics.

JACKIEEEEE?

• 1 month later...

Plat #129- The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

Plat #130- Day of the Tentacle Remastered

100% I Am Alive

Got these a while ago, don't feel like recapping. Glad I Am Alive is out of the way as I took a year+ break from it lol.

Haven't been gaming for a couple days apart from doing Catherine FB recently. I've got a 3 day work break coming up soon, maybe I'll get into the swing of things. I really need to hunker down and play the remaining games I got left for the Bingo event. 12, I think.(T▽T)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Plat #131- Phoenix Wright Trilogy

Having only played the first game on the NDS years ago, I was delighted to see the trilogy being offered on PS4. The Ace Attorney series is so fun, mostly because of the myriad cast you encounter and the way the court battles play out. There are times when stuff gets goofy, but it also offers seriousness and genuine heart in each game. Can only hope that the Edgeworth and Apollo Justice games make the PS4 jump next, haven't played those either!

Plat #132- Late Shift

FMV game with a criminal cat and mouse motif that I quite liked, moreover than my first foray The Bunker.

Not bad, but it's quite short. Better to get it on discount.

Only managed 1 bingo (finally) for the Bingo Event and it's unlikely I'll get any more until the new year starts. I was super bad playing that; would either not feel like playing for days or playing other games that I just felt like playing. When I finally returned to FFXV in November, it was almost a full year since I last played on it lolol. That took me about 3 weeks to finally get the story finished, also getting into the DLCs too. Was slow going into Dishonored 2 also.

Currently working on Spirit Hunter NG, 'cuz horror. After that, who knows. I always think I need to clean up on games, but I usually procrastinate/get distracted. 1st world problems, FML, blahblahblah.

At least 2020 game releases seem good~

• 3 weeks later...

Plat #133- Spirit Hunter NG

Horror VN that's the sequel to Death Mark, it follows the same premise as the first with just some slight changes added to it (main character facial responses, for example). The overall aesthetic is sleek and urban with some visually striking horror images to accompany you through this journey. I love that Death Mark characters and events get shown/referenced in NG, the interconnectivity makes the game world feel much more involved and special. The downsides are that this VN is not fully voiced (if you like VNs like that) and that there's no skip button for text that you'd already gone through. If that was implemented, doing replays to get the other endings would have made the total game time much shorter.

Overall, good game to spend time with. Awaiting the 3rd entry, hopefully.

Plat #134- Indigo Prophecy

After finally nabbing this when it went on sale, I was curious and kinda excited how this game was after playing the other Quantic Dream games. It started off mildly interesting, characters were ok (Carla is my fav), and the QTEs didn't seem so bad. Toward the latter half of the game it gets more into supernatural phenomena, with some inclusions that made think "What the fuck is happening??", like who's this cyber ninja reject who came outta nowhere and why are these bums clued in on the whole situation? The game went off into a bad direction. And I get that they wanted to utilize the most of the PS2 controller for the sequences, but it gets annoying after a while and especially after you fail the whole thing and have to redo it all again . . . and again and again. Some just drag on more than they need to, on Hard Mode the input will sometimes feel a little off too.

While it was nice to finally play this, the collective experience feels half baked with disappointment dashed in too.

Also, first plat of 2020. ( ゚д゚)

Plat #135- Grim Legends 3

Needed something quick to play to break up the Dishonored playthroughs, this HOB game looks a bit more polished compared to the previous games. It feels more The Order 1886-like over the fairy tale inspired entries in terms of plot and aesthetics. As always, nothing hard to play.

Working on getting Dishonored 2 plat, also playing Stories: Path of Destinies to break it up. Would like to clean up Persona 5 before Royal drops. Hope that doesn't get delayed lolol.

• 3 weeks later...

Plat #136- Dishonored 2

I've been meaning to get to this game for a while now because I really adored the first game. The focus on Dunwall is shifted over to a new island, Karnaca, the birthplace of Corvo Attano. Instead of just playing him in this sequel, you also get reintroduced to a grown up Emily Kaldwin.

The Low/High Chaos playthroughs still retain the same measures as the first game, although there are a few additions to Karnaca to differ it from Dunwall (like Bloodflies and Clockwork Soldiers). The Outsider powers differ between Corvo and Emily and are fun to use, but if you know what you're doing you can just mainly get by with stealth, whatever ammo/traps you fancy, and the usage of Blink. Dishonored 2 is a good game, but the scenario routes were the same between the two characters and the only difference is of cutscenes. I would have liked it if there was a different area or two that was assigned to a specific character.

Plat #137- Stories: Path of Destinies

Started out cute with the "choose your own adventure" plan playthroughs, but getting all 24 + True endings was beyond tedious and monotonous goddamn. It also wasn't necessary to have your main character obtain all skills via reaching Lvl 46, it was perfectly acceptable to finish the ending around the Lvl 30's. Combat is fairly simple to pick up and battles are quick to go through. There are a bunch of literary/pop culture shoo-ins that make for some interesting, some funny dialogue. And...yup, there's that.

Plat #138- Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter

An enjoyable SH game, the trophy list was more chill compared to C&P. The look of the game is definitely more sleek too. Nothing hard to accomplish when playing, although the bowling mini-game might take a few times to get down (got it on 2nd try).

I don't think I'm doing too bad playing Bingo 2020, trying to keep on task as much as possible. I'm still of the mind to try and trophy cleanup my games tho. I won't get every one, but I can at least try to shoot for S/A/B rankings on my profile list.

Edited by Bittersweet

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hm, well, so I caved and preordered FF7R a few days ago. Been playing the original for a while after experiencing the Remake demo and have rediscovered how enjoyable 7 is, but, mind you, it's not my absolute favorite entry *coughXcough*. I was also curious in seeing what copy would come first: my sister's Amazon one or my SE store copy lol. I'm also fairly certain that I play games at a rate way faster than her, so I won't have to wait however long to borrow her copy once she's done.

Also looking forward to seeing the Remake details. I'm one of those weirdos who looked at every single poster at the train station thinking it was pretty damn attentive. Yep.:dance:

AND I'M SUPER STOKED ABOUT THAT NIER ANNOUNCEMENT EEEEEEE?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Plat #141- Final Fantasy VII

Plat #142- The 25th Ward: The Silver Case

Pretty cool that I got FF7R on release day, thanks SE Store! It will be a while before I play it though, going with P5R first and then have a set selection down after I finish it. Trying to focus on playing 1 game currently, it helps from doing the game hopping that I was guilty of doing before. Still going at the Bingo event ever so slowly. The selection I mentioned before has the event in mind and the plan is basically: Game I want to play, Bingo game, Game I want play, Bingo Game, etc.

Of course, it works beautifully if a game fits both of the criteria. ^^;

1 minute ago, James_Tonto said:

How far did you get to play in FF7? Like where does it end? I heard it's being released as a couple of games?

You mean FF7R? I haven't started it yet.

From what people who have finished it say, Part 1 ends when the party leaves Midgar to continue their journey on the outside world. There's not a definite answer to how many games 7R will take to fully wrap up the story, I'm guesstimating anywhere from 2-4 entries.

I'd have to clear off a couple of games off my PS4 in order to play 7R, it's a whopping 100GB to install! Not to mention whatever patches they decide to tack on by the time I get to it, lol.

Ah, you're playing Shadows of the Damned. One of my favorites! Hope you're enjoying it~

1 hour ago, Bittersweet said:

You mean FF7R? I haven't started it yet.

From what people who have finished it say, Part 1 ends when the party leaves Midgar to continue their journey on the outside world. There's not a definite answer to how many games 7R will take to fully wrap up the story, I'm guesstimating anywhere from 2-4 entries.

I'd have to clear off a couple of games off my PS4 in order to play 7R, it's a whopping 100GB to install! Not to mention whatever patches they decide to tack on by the time I get to it, lol.

Ah, you're playing Shadows of the Damned. One of my favorites! Hope you're enjoying it~

Ah you were playing classic FF7, a true gem of the PSX Era. And jeez a 100GB! I guess I shouldn't be surprised. My poor 500gb PS4 has just enough space for that. T_T

Also enjoying Shadows of the Damned so far, Suda-51 games generally tend to be good times. I still have to play Killer is Dead and Lollipop Chainsaw as well, but they sound interesting. Once I earn the platinum for Shadows I'll keep going with my current streak, clearing out the PS3 backlog. Maybe tackle something easy like Undertale on PS4 as well.

19 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. My poor 500gb PS4 has just enough space for that. T_T

Also enjoying Shadows of the Damned so far, Suda-51 games generally tend to be good times. I still have to play Killer is Dead and Lollipop Chainsaw as well, but they sound interesting. Once I earn the platinum for Shadows I'll keep going with my current streak, clearing out the PS3 backlog. Maybe tackle something easy like Undertale on PS4 as well.

Out of the 1TB my PS4 has, I only have 40-ish GB left, aggggh.

And yeah, check those games out if you can! Lollipop is stupid fun, Killer is a little more serious nonsense (some of the grind is dull, tho). Don't know if these are still available for EU, but Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day and Black Knight Sword are some more Grasshopper Manufacture titles if you're interested.

Good luck with the PS3 backlog! Need to focus on that myself, lol.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bittersweet said:

Out of the 1TB my PS4 has, I only have 40-ish GB left, aggggh.

And yeah, check those games out if you can! Lollipop is stupid fun, Killer is a little more serious nonsense (some of the grind is dull, tho). Don't know if these are still available for EU, but Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day and Black Knight Sword are some more Grasshopper Manufacture titles if you're interested.

Good luck with the PS3 backlog! Need to focus on that myself, lol.

I know how you feel. I had games I installed and beat 10 years ago, still installed on my PS3. I've uninstalled most of those to make sure I'll have room for more games. I also have some big modern games taking up space on my PS4. DOOM Eternal, Marvel's Spider-Man, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn. I also just remembered I had vita games I wanted to beat, so I'm playing through Uncharted: Golden Abyss now too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Plat #143: Persona 5 Royal

Plat #144- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven

Persona 5 Royal was great to play and the extra additions were clever and very fun. I dedicated a month to that game alone, woo boy.

Finally platted JJBA and it only took me a year+, lol. Even though Jojo is considered easy, I'm still pretty terrible at playing fighting games.

Also did 3 playthroughs of Resident Evil 3. It's a great looking game, but yes, it's terribly short. I never played the original, so I don't know what was cut out. 

Added some more games to the backlog from the last couple sales, the most recent being The Sinking City.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Plat #145- Marvel's Spider-Man

Plat #146- Control

And I've 100% the DLCs on those (so far, Control's AWE still needs to drop), woo!

I'm also participating in the Maiden's Plat Race event, so even more incentive to stamp out plats for games that should have been platted ages ago lolol. I'll do my best, but I'm probably going to be that last place person. (´・ω・`)

Still going at Bingo too, but even though I completed more squares I still haven't achieved a single bingo. What?

Anyway, starting today I'll switch from playing on the PS4 to my PSTV. It's got a fair amount of backlog, a division between JRPG's and VNs mostly. Here's hoping I can clear out a good amount of them~

7 minutes ago, Bittersweet said:

Plat #145- Marvel's Spider-Man

Plat #146- Control

And I've 100% the DLCs on those (so far, Control's AWE still needs to drop), woo!

I'm also participating in the Maiden's Plat Race event, so even more incentive to stamp out plats for games that should have been platted ages ago lolol. I'll do my best, but I'm probably going to be that last place person. (´・ω・`)

Still going at Bingo too, but even though I completed more squares I still haven't achieved a single bingo. What?

Anyway, starting today I'll switch from playing on the PS4 to my PSTV. It's got a fair amount of backlog, a division between JRPG's and VNs mostly. Here's hoping I can clear out a good amount of them~

Nice job with the Marvel's Spider-man Plat + 100%, bruv. Can't say I'm impressed, but I could have 100% that earlier without the bane of memory corruption that happened on my PS4. ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BadRep24 said:

Nice job with the Marvel's Spider-man Plat + 100%, bruv. Can't say I'm impressed, but I could have 100% that earlier without the bane of memory corruption that happened on my PS4. ?

Hello there, and thanks! That sucks on the corruption tho, I have yet to experience that on my consoles.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 0:55 PM, Bittersweet said:

Hello there, and thanks! That sucks on the corruption tho, I have yet to experience that on my consoles.

Damn if you do, damn if you don't, but it will really suck to lose all of your hard work for many years, in my case it's 3 years, due to that. Unless, if you have PS+. ? Trust me, it will really suck, because I learned it the hard way.

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BadRep24 said:

Damn if you do, damn if you don't, but it will really suck to lose all of your hard work for many years, in my case it's 3 years, due to that. Unless, if you have PS+. 1f602.png Trust me, it will really suck, because I learned it the hard way.

I don't backup my saves, actually. Sometimes I think I should, but for the most part I don't pay it any mind. However, if I come across certain games with their guides stating 'ABSOLUTELY HAVE BACK UP SAVES!!1!', then I really take that warning to heart lol.

But thanks for the heads up. Hope you don't encounter any bad luck if you want to replay those games again. Condolences for your losses?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Plat #147- Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk

Plat #148- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

I mean, I was making progress again on Fate/Extella after . . . 3-ish years later, then I wanted a break on it and played on the PS4 again, even though I said I'd be playing on the PSTV for a while. FML. 

TLOU Part II is also staring me in the face, hmph.

• 1 month later...

Plat #149: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Plat #150: The Last Of Us Part II

Oh god, still ignoring Fate/Extella lmao. Finally cleared out EGTTR and after doing TLOU II, I felt like playing a non plat game so hello "The Missing"! I like SWERY, so I'm enjoying the game and of course it's got that weirdness, but that's what makes it special. Hit that Plat 150 too, but that doesn't mean anything anymore lol.

But yeeeey AWE DLC dropping this month~