Cool Spot Retro Review

siuilarun

Nice review. I have the Sega Mega Drive version. It doesn't advertise 7up on mine, instead the focus seems to be on VIRGIN (as in the company, today known as Virginmedia) and VIRGIN is the word I have to spell in the bonus stages. Speaking of the bonus stages, gotta love that music. (the train level gave me headaches too).

I've heard that Cool Spot is quite a rare game nowadays.... would anyone agree? Do I have a rare game?

Edited by ShadowGandalf

Nice review. I have the Sega Mega Drive version. It doesn't advertise 7up on mine, instead the focus seems to be on VIRGIN (as in the company, today known as Virginmedia) and VIRGIN is the word I have to spell in the bonus stages. Speaking of the bonus stages, gotta love that music. (the train level gave me headaches too).

I've heard that Cool Spot is quite a rare game nowadays.... would anyone agree? Do I have a rare game?

Not really you can buy a copy on Ebay for a couple of quid, pretty cheep, I got a copy off my brother for christmas, he seems to be buying me old retro mega drive games as presents, which is always nice to boost my collection haha.

Cool Spot goes to Hollywood is a little bit rarer and is a little bit harder to come by.

Edited by Sparky

Are you going to keep going with these reviews? Maybe a Yo Noid or Mc Kids? Or even better the X360 Burger King games :P

I try to avoid doing games the AVGN has reviewed (though I had to do Wayne's World and Wizard of OZ to satisfy personal nostalgia), so McKids is unlikely. Yo Noid could happen... I'd forgotten it even existed until you said that.

Any retro Star Trek games?

My first review was of Star Trek Online, but my second and third reviews were of Star Trek: The Next Generation (GameBoy) and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (SNES)... I gotta warn you though these were done before I find my... style, I guess is the word I'm looking for. Back then, I had to use a digital camera on a tripod to capture the gameplay, and it looks bad and sounds bad. Here's the link ST:DS9 SNES -

And to ST:TNG GB, my second worst video -
... Fun fact: my review is used as the gameplay preview on www.Konsolenkosk.de... How the hell that happened is just a mystery of the internet...

I'd intended to do at least one more, since ST:TNG (SNES) is a game I've had since I was a kid, even though I never beat it. It was supposed to be done last January, since I got my start with a Star Trek marathon, of sorts. It just got pushed back because I wanted to get a review out of the Twisted Metal Demo, since it came out before the game, and then I just never got back around to it.

That's fair. If I remember correctly James actually liked McKids so it is interesting that product made games are good, yet movie license games suck :S

I try to avoid doing games the AVGN has reviewed (though I had to do Wayne's World and Wizard of OZ to satisfy personal nostalgia), so McKids is unlikely. Yo Noid could happen... I'd forgotten it even existed until you said that.