When will the servers close?

The servers probably won't close until May-August of 2019, but I would caution you against purchasing this game now.

Since the World Cup agent event last month, the game has stopped offering special agent player spins - this makes it much, much harder to build a good team. You are now limited to essentially a less than 5% chance of a black ball (best caliber) player using top agent spins at 10k GP a piece, or using something like the PESDB to find cheap scouts to buy at auction - but with that they start at level 1 (vs 30 for players earned via special agent,) and it costs roughly ~60-90k GP for a good player to acquire the scouts you need to guarantee the player you want, versus just 10k GP for a guaranteed gold or black ball player when special agents were in play.

This is really only important for the Legendary Streak trophy, but it is quite important for that as winning two in a row on legendary is no joke even with quality players. So in other words, the platinum is still obtainable, but be prepared to spend much more time building a viable team than someone who started 2 months or more ago.

Edited by Andrea
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Andrea said:

The servers probably won't close until May-August of 2019, but I would caution you against purchasing this game now.

Since the World Cup agent event last month, the game has stopped offering special agent player spins - this makes it much, much harder to build a good team. You are now limited to essentially a less than 5% chance of a black ball (best caliber) player using top agent spins at 10k GP a piece, or using something like the PESDB to find cheap scouts to buy at auction - but with that they start at level 1 (vs 30 for players earned via special agent,) and it costs roughly ~60-90k GP for a good player to acquire the scouts you need to guarantee the player you want, versus just 10k GP for a guaranteed gold or black ball player when special agents were in play.

This is really only important for the Legendary Streak trophy, but it is quite important for that as winning two in a row on legendary is no joke even with quality players. So in other words, the platinum is still obtainable, but be prepared to spend much more time building a viable team than someone who started 2 months or more ago.

thanks for the info do you think they will offer them again? im a fifa guy ive never been into pes so in fifa the "legendary" difficulty is still a joke if you have a good team looking forward to try pes

No chance for 2018 with 2019 releasing so soon. The good news is 2019's list looks much easier and this trophy is completely omitted for the first time in several iterations (previous versions since 2015 have had arguably a harder trophy requiring six consecutive wins vs superstar.)

I find PES a little harder than FIFA in general, and legendary in PES harder/less forgiving than similar difficulties in FIFA. The good news is you will be trying for legendary streak against terrible teams of 10 players below 60 overall and maybe one good forward like Bale or Neymar, so with that in mind the harder part may actually be winning 2 consecutive games on superstar against very good teams in order to progress to the legendary level.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Molvira said:

The Platinum is unobtainable at this point. This if you haven't got the First Glory: Competition trophy. PES is not releasing any new competitions, so you can not get this trophy. All other online trophies are still obtainable.

thanks for the info i was thinking about buying the game i guess i will just save some money for pes 2019 however if the trophy becomes obtainable again would like to know it

• 9 months later...