"That's a Knife" glitch

29 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Dunno then, what ive read is that its more likely to happen if u buy it last, but u bought it first.......

Does this mean u have to start a complete fresh game file as well, because the upgrade carries over to NG+ right.....

Hopefully the NG+ playthrough I will actually get the finely-crafted knife when completing that quest.  I'm just mopping up the collectible stuff now before the ng+ DO playthrough.  I tried going back to the area tonight talking to all people, but the guy I rescued left that particular area and i have no idea where he may have gone, if not just disappearing from the game entirely.  Tried killing an animal for the "additional resources" to pop up and maybe trigger the trophy, but nothing.

Edited by ImStylinOnYaBro

The Offical knife states that there are 2 upgardes for the knife

It doesnt matter the order you collect them apparently, but the first pick-up gives you the REINFORCED KNIFE and the 2nd will always be the FINELY-CRAFTED KNIFE

Now since you already have the upgrade, in theory you cannot collect it again.......?? Do you remember seeing the words FINELY-CRAFTED KNIFE on screen, thats the upgrade tier that pops the trophy and I believe the text does pop up in your view to notify you of the upgrade?

Hopefully it works for you in NG+, keep us posted ;) 

Edited by optimusmart

1 hour ago, optimusmart said:

The Offical knife states that there are 2 upgardes for the knife

It doesnt matter the order you collect them apparently, but the first pick-up gives you the REINFORCED KNIFE and the 2nd will always be the FINELY-CRAFTED KNIFE

Now since you already have the upgrade, in theory you cannot collect it again.......?? Do you remember seeing the words FINELY-CRAFTED KNIFE on screen, thats the upgrade tier that pops the trophy and I believe the text does pop up in your view to notify you of the upgrade?

Hopefully it works for you in NG+, keep us posted ;) 

It happened to me last night. After I completed the sidequest, the mission didn't reward me and trophy didn't pop. I had to redo the mission on my DO save to get my trophy. The thing is once the upgrades glitch on your save file there's nothing you can do about it so make sure to back up your save before buying the upgrade from the merchant and doing the rescue side quest.

1 hour ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

update: on NG+ i was able to get the trophy.  not sure why it just didn't give me the knife and trophy first time, however this attempt it said the large Finely-crafted knife text and trophy a second later.

Thanks for letting us know, glad it worked out

So much random stuff glitching, sure looks like a memory leak. Ive been turning game off/on regularly and not had any problems yet.....he says with uncertainty

On 21.09.2018 at 6:40 AM, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

update: on NG+ i was able to get the trophy.  not sure why it just didn't give me the knife and trophy first time, however this attempt it said the large Finely-crafted knife text and trophy a second later.

Can you tell how you got it ? I mean which mission you did first and last and when did you bought that upgrade from market.Sorry for bad English.

For the trophy to work you need to first purchase the knife upgrade from the merchent and then complete the side quest. In NG+ it works because you already have the upgrade purchased from your previous playthrough so when you complete the quest it gives you the trophy.

You can also get this on your first playthrough, the thing is to first purchase the upgrade and then complete the quest. I was able to do this by loading an old save of my first playthrough and buy the upgrade first, if you have an old save before you've done that you can still do it without playing the game again.

9 hours ago, dogansen77 said:

Can you tell how you got it ? I mean which mission you did first and last and when did you bought that upgrade from market.Sorry for bad English.

On the + playthrough, I did all story missions first and didn’t do any side missions  scepter this one post game. Already yad the other knife from the first play.

On 9/22/2018 at 1:00 PM, dogansen77 said:

The best method is to get the reinforced knife upgrade in paititi merchant and then do the sumaq's murder side quest. That's how I got the trophy. difficulty doesnt matter..