Telltale's Stranded Deep PS4

Just so people don't get confused, this is being published by Telltale, they aren't actually developing it. A studio called Beam Team Games are the developers and it's been in early access for a while from what I understand.

As for the game itself, it looks like like yet another generic survival game that are a dime a dozen on Steam. No thanks...

• Like 4

Holy crap. I watched some of this game like three and a half years ago and just assumed they cancelled it or something.

But sadly, those three and a half years have not been kind to it. Three and a half years ago, it was interesting and unique. Now it's just the same ol'. We'll see I guess. I might still give it a try.

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Just so people don't get confused, this is being published by Telltale, they aren't actually developing it. A studio called Beam Team Games are the developers and it's been in early access for a while from what I understand.

Thanks for clarifying.

2 hours ago, Splinter_Elite3 said:

I've watched a playthrough of this on Youtube back then, Looks great and I'm glad it's coming to the PS4. Hopefully it will have some difficult trophies and quite curious what the price is going to be.1f601.png

$19.99 on PS store NA right now. Regardless of trophies, difficulty (or lack thereof), or even game quality, I went ahead and blindly pre-ordered it.

I'm just a sucker for anything having to do with the ocean or tropical islands. Also, even though Telltale is only the publisher, I'm hoping it will be good... and looking forward to it. 

• 5 weeks later...

Well, this was announced right before Telltale's going out of business ...

I had preordered it like a dummy BUT Sony refunded me w/o being asked, saying that the Publisher decided not to publish it. This was 10/10, the next day after it was supposed to be released. 

Maybe this will give heart to anyone waiting for a refund for any game being cancelled. 

9 hours ago, heartoftheocean said:

Well, this was announced right before Telltale's going out of business ...

I had preordered it like a dummy BUT Sony refunded me w/o being asked, saying that the Publisher decided not to publish it. This was 10/10, the next day after it was supposed to be released. 

Maybe this will give heart to anyone waiting for a refund for any game being cancelled. 

Since you had pre-ordered it and of course it's already been canceled/pulled from psn store. but I saw in the description about receiving 3 avatars if pre-ordered. Did you still get those avatars?

8 hours ago, MyAssStretched said:

Since you had pre-ordered it and of course it's already been canceled/pulled from psn store. but I saw in the description about receiving 3 avatars if pre-ordered. Did you still get those avatars?

They didn't show a description of those avatars so that's actually what made me preorder it. lol. I got the avatars right away and didn't care for them. I just looked and they're gone with any trace of the preorder. 

6 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Then check this game out 

https://insomniac.games/game/song-of-the-deep/

Enticing ... I had heard the controls are annoying which is why I hadn't gotten it up to now, but I'm reconsidering, Thanks!

4 hours ago, heartoftheocean said:

Enticing ... I had heard the controls are annoying which is why I hadn't gotten it up to now, but I'm reconsidering, Thanks!

I don't know what people's problems were but I 100% it with 0 problems and it was a truly great experience :)

I am a HUGE Insomniac fan so that might of help but I don't think you will have any regrets.