Self-centered advice post!

siuilarun

Since there's been a few recent topics about personal issues, I thought I'd join in! I'm amidst the awkward looking transitional phase between long hair and short hair, and am wondering if I should stay the course until my wavy locks hang down again, or keep it short. Examples given:

74b4c465-4553-48fe-9acb-409a2b61ee75_zps  094106e7-03bb-4ccd-b631-6fe0e73a7359_zps

These are the choices. Bare in mind I lost a bit of weight between the long haired and short haired picture. The beard is non-negotiable.

• Like 1

Your glasses are small and sharp looking, so you should have short hair. It really looks like you are intelligent and have personality, but the long hair with small glasses kind of makes you look geeky.

And don't worry, no one is here to negotiate the beard. It is a lovely beard.

It's difficult to make a fair judgement as in one picture you're slimmer, have better lighting, better dressed and is taken at a more favourable angle. Go for the long hair, sounds like you would miss it.

Fair enough, but I'm limited by what pictures I actually have. I'm not someone who has a lot of pictures of themselves. Here are some more examples that may or may not help to balance it  a bit:

long2_zps1d9dbf8b.jpg37e9f42a-4a94-49ac-a6c1-0a127bb10929_zps20b6a877-59ed-45e4-8042-686ceb05b2f7_zps294780c2-58ab-4523-9857-ff34cff4f947_zps

Thanks for the pictures, although I seem to have found myself in some sort of hairstyle guru position  :jaymon:

Just from an aesthetic point of view it's mixed. Of the short haired photos I prefer the two with the slightly longer hair.

Of the first two longer haired photos I prefer the second, more groomed one, but the third, Robert Plant-esque style has it's charm. Or maybe that's just the wind...

Speaking of Robert Plant, I watched an interview of him discussing his hair and why he hasn't cut it. It alludes me on Youtube, but this quote from GQ magazine will do: 

GQ: You have Samson moments where you're: "Begone with it!"? 

Robert Plant: Well, thinking about being a teacher, it's just one token too many. But it's great. I realize that I am typecast, but not saddened by it. Whenever I feel in doubt I play some David Crosby song. You know that song "Almost Cut My Hair": "just the other day...it's getting kind of long, I could have said it was in my way...but I'm not giving in...I'm going to let my freak flag fly." When I walk through an airport now with my friends I'm proud that it didn't happen, that I kept it going, and I still feel a lot of the attachments to that whole period and era. So I'm not a sad old hippie—I'm a joyous old hippie, I suppose.

GQ: And, as a general principle, keeping your freak flag is still a valid one? 
Robert Plant: 
Absolutely. Especially more and more and more. Yeah. When we've finished with Murdoch, who do we go for next? Once upon a time the subculture was huge, and challenged the corruption that prevails, and I was so lucky to be around then to see what positivity could come about by constructive and clinical discourse. I mean, how much more can we watch this place devour itself when we see what the answers are and what's going on? It seems that the news is so vivid now that it almost just becomes a moment to stare at something but then you move on to the next thing. So, yes, is that anything to do with long hair? Quite possibly.

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/music/201111/robert-plant-gq-music-issue#ixzz2TQDoMDOS

I've had shoulder length hair for six years now, apart from that one time when I had it shaved off (a similar haircut to the last of your pictures) And the thought of shaving it all off now, it feels like vandalism to do me. I'm not sure why, but I think Robert is on to something. This might not apply to you but I thought it was worth posting about.