All the fun without the quarters.

Wade_VC

zenpinball.jpg

With a variety of in-game missions, head-to-head online multiplayer bouts and multi-day worldwide tournaments, Zen Pinball offers the ultimate arcade experience for both casual gamers and pinball enthusiasts alike. In addition to the regular All-Time and Weekly scoreboards, Zen Pinball features Score Speed, Best One Minute, and Multiplayer Ranking scoreboards, letting players test their mettle against pinball players from all over the world!

Zen Pinball quickly proved to be a quality game that is quite addicting as well. The graphics and, more importantly, the physics of Zen Pinball are as close to the real thing you will ever find.

From what I have seen and played, the trophies are tough to come by though.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

When I saw Marvel Pinball was free for PS+ members I thought "why not" and downloaded it. Since that day I've downloaded all the Marvel DLC's, Zen Pinball and all but two of it's DLC's.

I LOVE the theme's they come up with, seriously, whoever thought up the Tesla table deserves a freakin' medal. The mission structure of the tables give you reason to sit down and develop your skills with time and practice instead of just sitting down and smacking the ball 'till you lose (which is also perfectly acceptable, although you're never going to get the true experience of the game that way) and the physics are near spot-on. My only gripe is the ball seems a little more likely to go out of play if you have a mission active, the out-lanes get a little more grabby and shots that normally give a forgiving bounce seem to become a death sentence.

Now, please excuse me, I need to go practice the Mars table...

Not yet, lol. Maybe some day on the Mars table but beyond that... these tables are a lot tougher than the Marvel tables. Especially that damn Shaman table!!

Yeah, much harder and a bit busier as well. I love the Shaman table, but it is tough! I also like the Tesla and V12 table as well.

I have this game, but I could just never figure it out. Pinball is hard enough, but when a table gets too complex, it just goes a little bit over my head :(

You'd probably like the PSOne Pinball games then. Since I've seen all this Pinball talk I kinda got an itch and went back and dug out 2 of my PSOne Pinball games. Austin Power Pinball (not a good choice) and Extreme Pinball (better). The action wasn't bad, but like most pinball games, the camera had trouble keeping up with the ball a bit. I enjoyed the "Knights" table the most outta the 4, mostly because I figured out how to score on it somewhat. The ball "seemed" heavier on that table than it did on the other 3. Nevertheless, there was a bit of action on the table, but there wasn't that much where I couldn't make heads or tails outta it.