Question about chapter 5/6 transition

Erkawest

Does anybody know if these are somewhat merged?

Why is it possible to do main quest "Icarus and friends" which belongs to chapter 6, when I haven't completed chapter 5?

Also, I am able to start optional main quest "Do not seek absolution - I" which also is in chapter 6.

I am looking at this guide: http://www.powerpyx.com/red-dead-redemption-2-full-walkthrough-all-story-missions/

It seems a bit weird that I am able to do 2 ch6 missions in ch5. Is this normal?

Edited by Erkawest

Just now, NaseemJohn said:

I got a screen saying chapter 6.

Did you do the Dutch mission after reaching mainland? Because I didn't yet. I first did the Sadie mission which is listed under Chapter 6 for me already. I will now do the Dutch mission which is apparently then officially closing chapter 5?

4 minutes ago, Alex_R-13 said:

Did you do the Dutch mission after reaching mainland? Because I didn't yet. I first did the Sadie mission which is listed under Chapter 6 for me already. I will now do the Dutch mission which is apparently then officially closing chapter 5?

Is it possible to do all optional main missions before ending chapter 5?

I just ended chapter 5 and got the ch 6 screen

Edited by Erkawest

2 minutes ago, Alex_R-13 said:

Dont remember but another good indication that you're in chapter 6 is when your camp is near a mining town. 

1 minute ago, Erkawest said:

Is it possible to do all optional main missions before ending chapter 5?

I just ended chapter 5 and got the ch 6 screen

No there's a couple in chapter 6. One of them is very easy to miss, when you're on a mission with Rain falls, his companion will tag along with you guys so be sure to pay attention to the dialogue and hold R2 to accept his request when he asks for help. 

When do these missions start?

I have completed the nun and Do not seek absolution

Is the letter delivered to Arthurs tent for True Love?

Archeology + Honor - starts when?

Money lending, I guess Strauss in the camp at some point

And when for Sadies quest?

• Chapter 6: The Course of True Love (IV, V) – Quest Giver: PB (read letter in Arthur’s tent to trigger this)
  • Chapter 6: Archeology for Beginners – Quest Giver: RF (in Waipiti Indian Reservation)
  • Chapter 6: Honor, Amongst Thieves – Quest Giver: CM (during “Archeology for Beginners”, Monroe will ask if you want to help him, accept his request to unlock this as a follow-up mission in Waipiti Reservation)
  • Chapter 6: Money Lending and Other Sins (VI, VII) – Quest Giver: LS (in camp)
  • Chapter 6: Mrs. Sadie Adler, Widow (I, II) – Quest Giver: SA (in camp)

31 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

When do these missions start?

I have completed the nun and Do not seek absolution

Is the letter delivered to Arthurs tent for True Love?

Archeology + Honor - starts when?

Money lending, I guess Strauss in the camp at some point

And when for Sadies quest?

Hide contents

• Chapter 6: The Course of True Love (IV, V) – Quest Giver: PB (read letter in Arthur’s tent to trigger this)
  • Chapter 6: Archeology for Beginners – Quest Giver: RF (in Waipiti Indian Reservation)
  • Chapter 6: Honor, Amongst Thieves – Quest Giver: CM (during “Archeology for Beginners”, Monroe will ask if you want to help him, accept his request to unlock this as a follow-up mission in Waipiti Reservation)
  • Chapter 6: Money Lending and Other Sins (VI, VII) – Quest Giver: LS (in camp)
  • Chapter 6: Mrs. Sadie Adler, Widow (I, II) – Quest Giver: SA (in camp)

To answer my own questions

1. Letter is delivered to the camp after the first main mission with Sadie (not balloon one)

2. Strauss gives the quest simultaneously

Just need the remaining 2 now and Sadies