World 4 not needed for platinum + some helpful tips.

Winds-of-Neptune

Just got the plat and want to say you only have to complete up to world 3 for the platinum. It is obvious as well cause on the trophy list on psn profiles the trophy for coins 75  are exact same completion percentage as the platinum itself.

When I first played the game I got to world 3 with 0 coins. I realized I hadn;t saved any which you will def. need for some levels on world 3. So what I did was get all trophies I could (you can get all of them except the coins 75 and world 3 trophies here), the back up your save and restart and new game. 

By this time you will be real good at the game and know only to use coins on hard checkpoints.

Once you restart your game you can get to world 3 within 2 hours cause you know the game.

I had 30 coins saced when I got to world 3 when I restarted the game.

Tips:

1. Conserve your coins for the real difficult sections. (World 3)
2. Get as many stars in early levels to unlock the sections which contain extra coins/mail.
3. If you cant find a coin, use the compass.
4. Die alot at parts where you are near a wall or someplace which u can die quick. The 3000 retries grind takes about 1-2 hours. (you can do this near the end of the game so you wont have as much to do)
5. In your first run always use the CHEST so you dont have to backtrack to recollect if you crash.
6. Parts that seem hard can get easier by adjusting your play style.

7. Play the tutorial there is 5 coins there.

8. The tutorial coins count towards Coins 75

Anyone else want to add some helpful tips go ahead.. this is all I can think of for now.

Good luck. smile.gif

Edited by Paradigmatica
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Paradigmatica said:

Just got the plat and want to say you only have to complete up to world 3 for the platinum. It is obvious as well cause on the trophy list on psn profiles the trophy for coins 75  are exact same completion percentage as the platinum itself.

Not quite - I have the 75 coins but haven't killed myself 1500 times, let alone 3000. Three. Thousand. Times. I'll question my life choices if I go for those trophies. Which I will. Sigh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, visighost said:

Not quite - I have the 75 coins but haven't killed myself 1500 times, let alone 3000. Three. Thousand. Times. I'll question my life choices if I go for those trophies. Which I will. Sigh.

It really doesn't take that long by the time you are at the end of the game.  I had 2,200 retries.. So 800 took me almost an hour to do.   Like I said die purposely here and there throughout the game to reduce your retries grind.  

7 minutes ago, Paradigmatica said:

It really doesn't take that long by the time you are at the end of the game.  I had 2,200 retries.. So 800 took me almost an hour to do.   Like I said die purposely here and there throughout the game to reduce your retries grind.  

I did the same in various bouts, but I'm the opposite: I only have 800 retries on record and 2200 to go. It's too bad we can't rubber-band it like most death trophies. Still, can be done while reading a book while rhythmically pressing O-R1-O-R1-O-R1-O...

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Interesting tips, personally i wasn't a fan of the restarting, i never did it i managed with the coins i found at first , and then went back to levels i didn't have all coins getting them so i had like 10+.A much better tip is this, start the level if power up isn't treasuer chest pause, then click either square or circle till the powerups cycle again, doing that i literally could easily do some levels that had like 8+ checkpoints with 1 or none since i could get coins,mail or keys and then just die on purpose, really helped in some world 3 levels where you need keys is near the start.

Edited by Conker
  • Like 1