"Tales of" games for Vita not coming to NA

Blazphemy--

Just came across this article today and thought i would share it.  http://kotaku.com/tales-rpgs-are-like-gumdrops-says-the-guy-who-makes-th-470869380

Basically Hideo Baba the series creator said that he has no plans of releasing Tales of Innocence R and Tales of Hearts R because 

"Unfortunately, at this present time we don't have any plans to release any of the Vita titles," Baba said. "One of the main reasons is, unfortunately the PlayStation Vita is doing relatively poorly in North America, so it's one of those things that if the numbers increased considerably, then it's something we could consider."

As a Tales fan i am hugely disappointed by this news but i guess I shouldn't be that surprised considering it's a niche game here in NA. Atleast we have Tales of Xillia to look forward to in July so it's not a complete let down lol.  :yay:

Anyways let's hope the PS Vita picks up some steam in NA so we can eventually see these tales games. 

​Personally, I can't say I'm surprised about them not being released but just because there's no immediate plans hopefully means they'll be released later on down the track.

Atelier Totori Plus was localized, isn't that a more niche game/franchise then the tales games?

What does your post have to do with the first comment anyone would think you think they're done by the same people?

Atelier Totori Plus was localized, isn't that a more niche game/franchise then the tales games?

Actually it was already localized with the PS3 version (Released In NA September 17 2011) so all they needed to do was just port it to the vita which is not costly at all.

Edited by Blazphemy--

​Personally, I can't say I'm surprised about them not being released but just because there's no immediate plans hopefully means they'll be released later on down the track.

What does your post have to do with the first comment anyone would think you think they're done by the same people?

I know Atelier is devved by Gust and Tales of XXXX are made primarily by Namco Tales studio

I'm saying that Atelier Totori Plus was localized then NISA must've believed that the game will do well enough to profit.

But Clearly Namco Bandai doesn't believe that for Tales of Innocence/Hearts

I was asking if Atelier was more of a niche game because if a lesser known franchise was localized then why wouldn't a greater known franchise do the same

But i guess i have to take into account that NISA may have lesser goals in profits than Namco Bandai

Edited by A-Brawl3r

You know... one thing i can't stand hearing is that excuse that a system is doing poorly so they don't bring games to NA or anywhere else because of that. 

Its because they don't bring games outside japan that the system is doing poorly! If they brought more games ppl would have more of a reason to buy the system! God its so annoying to hear all the time!

• Like 1

That sucks. But at least we're getting tales of symphonia and dawn of the new world on ps3 in 2014, according to the facebook tales page.

Tales of Symphonia and Dawn of the New World are coming back in a HD pack on PlayStation 3! Expect Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (working title) out early 2014 in Europe, Australasia and the Americas! 
Experience the most celebrated Tales of game to date, Tales of Symphonia, again for the first time with crisp and colourful high definition graphics and additional content never released in Europe along with its 2008 sequel Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

For some odd reason im not all that surprised that they did something like this

NO way!!! Need all the Tales I can get!! This is just a outrage. what can we do?

You could try establishing a petition because iirc that how people got the developers behind Project X Zone for the 3DS to localize it

There is tier of Niece.

Low End - Zero Escape

Middle End - Atelier and HDN

High end - Tales.

The higher nicec tier, the bigger the expectation is and the more expanse is put on the product.

Baba may have concluded, that Tales of won't turn a profit with current sales

That sucks. But at least we're getting tales of symphonia and dawn of the new world on ps3 in 2014, according to the facebook tales page.

Awsome did not know about that, Thx!  :highfive:

I'll take all the tales i can get lmao.