Fable HD Remake Incoming

Parker

It seems Lionhead is listening to their fans and is re-releasing the original Fable with quite a few improvements.

UPDATE: Microsoft has confirmed that the new game from Lionhead Studios, teased earlier today, will be Fable Anniversary, a HD remake of the original Fable for Xbox 360 including The Lost Chapters, added Achievements, SmartGlass integration, leaderboards, new UI, and a full 1080p HD visual update.

The release was confirmed by a podcast released on Major Nelson's blog earlier today, with the box-art below grabbed from the MP3 thumbnail for the podcast.

FABLE-BOX-ART.jpg

Other new features confirmed for the release include a new lighting system that utilises Unreal 3 to render the lighting, a new facial animation system, new cutscene animations, plus updated textures, models, particle effects, save system and more.

Ted Timmins, the lead designer on the game, calls it "The game that Fable fans have been demanding for years." He also explained that the new Achievements will try to do something a little different: "Fable has always been about choice and consequence, so we're trying to put that into our Achievements."

Interestingly, Timmins revealed Microsoft's intent to support Xbox 360 into the next-gen following the release of the Xbox One, saying "Obviously the Xbox [360] isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It's very important, to all of us, that we carry on delivering on it."

Fable Anniversary is currently slated for a 2013 Holiday release on Xbox 360 only.

The original Fable is by far and away my favorite in the series so I may pick this one up when it drops in price.

Parker

Playstation-Hey here are 2-3 games remastered with extra content, hd graphics, 3d support all on 1 disc for 29.99

1474239-100803135051slycollection.jpg

MS-Hey here is 1 game remastered with extra content, hd graphics for 39.99

HaloCombat-main-image.jpg

Nintendo-Hey here are 4 NES games and an artbook...29.99.

mario+25th+collection.jpg

Something doesn't add up :S

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

This might be good to buy a friend for a gift, she digs Fable 3, can't get into the Fable TLC I gave her due to all the framerate problems.  That's it.  Not interested myself...of course, I'm lacking a 360, but I've played Fable on Steam, and it seems pretty mediocre.  Maybe it's just me.

Playstation-Hey here are 2-3 games remastered with extra content, hd graphics, 3d support all on 1 disc for 29.99

1474239-100803135051slycollection.jpg

MS-Hey here is 1 game remastered with extra content, hd graphics for 39.99

HaloCombat-main-image.jpg

Nintendo-Hey here are 4 NES games and an artbook...29.99.

mario+25th+collection.jpg

Something doesn't add up :S

I'd say it adds up just fine. The Sly Collection gives you three games and some minigames with about 30ish hours of content and last-gen graphics for $25. Halo CEA (which is now also $25, although it did debut at $40) gives you about 15 hours of campaign (with nostalgia factors for many, just like the Sly games), plus new maps for Reach which provide fairly limitless replay value. But the campaign was totally reworked in a current-gent engine, and looks gorgeous. The same will be said for Fable, which is madeover in their current engine and provides 50+ hours of entertainment.

Honestly I'd take the offerings from MS any day. They're well and truly "remasters," not just the exact same release with a better framerate and achievements/trophies.

it is only coming with the first game? o.O

The other games are already available on the 360.

I'd say it adds up just fine. The Sly Collection gives you three games and some minigames with about 30ish hours of content and last-gen graphics for $25. Halo CEA (which is now also $25, although it did debut at $40) gives you about 15 hours of campaign (with nostalgia factors for many, just like the Sly games), plus new maps for Reach which provide fairly limitless replay value. But the campaign was totally reworked in a current-gent engine, and looks gorgeous. The same will be said for Fable, which is madeover in their current engine and provides 50+ hours of entertainment.

Honestly I'd take the offerings from MS any day. They're well and truly "remasters," not just the exact same release with a better framerate and achievements/trophies.

Really, 50 hours of gameplay? I remember beating the original Fable when it was released in under 10 hours (including getting the best armor) and the expansion pack didn't add a whole hell of a lot of gameplay either. I'd say it would be pretty east to get everything in under 25 hours. Still a great game, though.

Parker

The other games are already available on the 360.

Really, 50 hours of gameplay? I remember beating the original Fable when it was released in under 10 hours (including getting the best armor) and the expansion pack didn't add a whole hell of a lot of gameplay either. I'd say it would be pretty east to get everything in under 25 hours. Still a great game, though.

Parker

Well, admittedly the last time I played it I was a lot younger, and a lot slower when it came to beating stuff. And I know I exhausted basically every available gameplay option, so that's probably an outlier time :lol: . Still, it's definitely longer than any of the Sly games, which was mostly what I was trying to communicate.The MS HD titles tend to be longer games, and they're true remasters with upgraded engines and extras. Not that that's necessarily better than two or three games for the same price, but I'd say they're both packages that are worth $40.

Actually I was more criticizing Nintendo and their lazy attempt at a bundle, that is why I used the ... when talking about them.