Tips for the 'Elite' trophies

totallycrushed

Don't you just hate how the bike just doesn't want to stop and it feels like you're falling behind constantly? Here's a couple tips to make these three trophies dumb easy with a bit of practice from a racing game newbie and little to no practice for someone who plays racing games a lot.

1. Forget Career, do this in World Championship: Bikes are in what we call BOP, Balance of Power so bikes have very similar power output. Just pick a top row rider to swat one opponent out of your way.

2. Turn off Traction Control and Front Brake ABS: I know this might be scary but the bikes are not that uncontrollable while these are off, you just have to apply some throttle control when exiting corners. Front Brake is the one bound to L2, you will still need to use the Rear Brake that's bound to Square but you will brake so much faster than ABS on.

3. From long straights to the next corner, brake early!: Don't trust the racing line on this game. The physics of the bike and the useless brakes make it kind of useless when braking. If you miss the corner, apex or go off-track at anypoint, remember to abuse the Second Chance option.

• 3 months later...
On 15/1/2019 at 3:40 AM, totallycrushed said:

1. Forget Career, do this in World Championship: Bikes are in what we call BOP, Balance of Power so bikes have very similar power output. Just pick a top row rider to swat one opponent out of your way.

I want to underline that playing in this mode denied me the gold trophy asking for winning a motogp class season (but i got the Insane difficulty trophy instead); so to anyone, be aware about this when planning your roadmap, i still don't know if my case was a glitch or something that will always occur by playing World Championship.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
17 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

The thing that makes this a lot harder than it should be is just how bad the handling and brakes are, absolutely horrendous. For me by far the worst bike racer I've ever played. 

Honestly it's the ABS and TC that screws people over, better off without it. Means you'll be rewinding a lot if you don't apply some control to acceleration and brake but over time it gets easier.
Handling though is completely fine, it's a lot more simulation based than anything Milestone released last decade.