It is worth to get PS4 version (Ezio Collection)?

El-Sublime-

I'm new on this saga, i've recently completed ACIII and loved it. But i did not understand too much the story so friends of mine told me that i need to play AC1 and Ezio Collection.

I will play AC1 on PC because there's no trophies on PS3 version and has more exclusive missions.

However, i've noticed that Ezio Collection has been released for PS3 and PS4. The real difference aside from the graphics, are the online trophies.

Are they worth to play? I know AC2 doesn't have online trophies, but what about the others? I mean, i loved to play Uncharted 2 and 3 online even when exists the remastered without it. It is the case of Brotherhood and Revelations?

Edited by AN0n1m8

Ezio Collection has improvements and they added DLC trophies instead of Online, so they are much shorter to platinum and somewhat easier. If you can, go for the Collection. I have started these 3 games on PS3 so I wanted to complete them but sometime in the future, I will play Ezio Collection as well. These are pretty damn good games.

• Like 1

Definitely worth it if you want to dive into the story. Especially after what you witnessed in AC3. 

AC2 is the same in the remaster.

Brotherhood became easier to plat with the removal of the MP

Revelations...as far as I'm concerned was much harder because of 2 DLC trophies that were required. Impress Warren Vidic and Cross Styx without dying.

^Those 2 trophies made me wish the easy MP trophies had come back lol. (and as I've said over the years here...I despise anything online.)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

After two years, i've completed The Americas Collection and Bloodlines from PSP, and just today i've acquired Ezio Collection for PS3. Really loved this saga.

I'm looking for get the plat of AC:III, AC:IV & Liberation again for PS4, because i liked them a lot. Also thinking of doing Freedom Cry stand-alone version. I think i'll do the same for this trilogy if i end up liking them too.

• 10 months later...

This game hasnt aged well at all. The controls and movement extremely clunky and outdated. I wouldnt recommend it if you've already played it, just so you can keep the good memories of the original. I'm only playing it again because I havent played Brotherhood and Revelations and thought I might as well platinum the trilogy. I hope the other two games play better.

• Like 2

The game plays about how I would have expected for a 10+ year old game, but to me the main issue was the the previously DLC-only sequences 12 & 13 are now mandatory when playing the game.  These two feel completely out of place with the rest of the game and really ruined the pacing at the end of the game for me.  Sequence 13 in particular I thought was awful and repetitive. Would have been best to have made these optional.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I Definitely recommend this game to anyone because it's such a good game IMO (one of the best in the franchise, if not the best).

I'm currently going for platinum and i'm having such a blast playing this game, the trophy list is also so fun and easy.

And i think the game aged pretty well, Renaissance Italy still looks great and the controls are not that bad.

i do have a problem with the parkour mechanic tho, it's not that accurate as it is in later games in the franchise, i found myself falling to my death a lot because of it, but other than that, amazing game IMO.