ShadowGandalf's Work Time Doodles

ShadowGandalf

First off, allow me to explain that title. I work in a cinema, which i've mentioned numerous times in these forums, and sometimes, it's a really slow day, or there's nothing to do between all films starting, and films finishing. During these slow and quiet times it can get rather boring. Sometimes time can be used doing other jobs, like screen checks, or random cleaning, but sometimes there is literally NOTHING to do until screens start finishing. So sometimes I draw with the materials available to me, that is to say, a pen and tissue napkins. Being a cinema, there's always plenty of film posters and stuff to draw, so I pick one, and copy it. (before anyone says, yes, my managers DO know about my drawing and actually think I'm rather good at it)

This is one I did today. It's not great quality. I lack the tech to scan images to my pc, so I used my (rather crappy) phone camera.

Photo0319.jpg

What do you think? It isn't easy drawing on a tissue with a pen. I've done many over the 5 years I've worked there, and I'll add some of my best ones over time.

(source image:)

pacific-rim-123.jpg

Edited by ShadowGandalf
  • Like 4

I too work at the cinema however i cant draw i tend to chat to colleagues to kill time when its dead or even talk to the customers about the films and so on there's a chick though at work and shes pretty awesome at drawing too but all her sketch s are from her head are pretty weird in a good way shes doing Art at college. The pacific drawing you did is pretty cool about 100 thousand times better than my drawings lol keep on sketching