Hungry Gem Location

Lojtana

I've been running around for hours now searching for a Hungry Gem, because it's the last material I need to get the Platinum, but I just can't find it. I already got all the chests and all the Hungry Gems as rewards for finding specific materials. Do any of you know which enemy drops them?

3 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

The Moogle shop doesn't sell it? As in, after you've found a set amount of something, it's in the shop for sale.  Not sure if the Hungry Gem is one though, haven't properly looked at the complete list thing in the Moogle synthesis area.

No, the Hungry Materials are sadly not available in the Shop. 

35 minutes ago, Lojtana said:

No, the Hungry Materials are sadly not available in the Shop. 

Ah, that sucks.  As I said, wasn't sure which ones were and weren't off the top of my head, but figured I'd at least check.  But don't fret, I too am unsure half the time on what enemies drop what materials x.x

I remember there being treasure pods in the Toy Box, the shop where you can play the video game mini game.

Kill the colored pods with the correct kind of magic to get Hungry stuff. Monstropolis had some pods in the hallways as well, but that was during my first run of the level, don't know if they are there post-level.

50 minutes ago, Reaper-BEL-1991 said:

I remember there being treasure pods in the Toy Box, the shop where you can play the video game mini game.

Kill the colored pods with the correct kind of magic to get Hungry stuff. Monstropolis had some pods in the hallways as well, but that was during my first run of the level, don't know if they are there post-level.

Yeah, killing those things you do get the Hungry variants as I went after them on the way to give that robot game a go again and they were dropping those sort of things for me.  Not sure which ones drop which though.

There are a bunch of these pots in Arendelle too, but they only ever droppped Hungry Shards and Stones for me. 

But I finally found the Hungry Gems. For anyone who has the same problem: When you're at Elsa's Castle in Arendelle you can go through the little hole in the wall to the Frozen Wall and at the end of the path two Frost Serpents and a bunch of Dusks will spawn. I'm not exactly sure which enemy drops them, but I think it's the Frost Serpents. Anyway, that's where I got them. 

On 2019-01-31 at 0:11 PM, Lojtana said:

There are a bunch of these pots in Arendelle too, but they only ever droppped Hungry Shards and Stones for me. 

But I finally found the Hungry Gems. For anyone who has the same problem: When you're at Elsa's Castle in Arendelle you can go through the little hole in the wall to the Frozen Wall and at the end of the path two Frost Serpents and a bunch of Dusks will spawn. I'm not exactly sure which enemy drops them, but I think it's the Frost Serpents. Anyway, that's where I got them. 

It's the Frost Wyrms that drops them, but you have to kill the Tail on them for the hungry material to drop. If you just straight up kill the wyrm you get frost shards, so yeah, go for the tail.

I should however state that the Gem variant seems to be the most rare, not sure why, but I grinded there for a good 45 minutes until I got 1, got plenty of Crystals tho which should be the more rare part. Could perhaps be because of lucky strike? (Not sure, just guessing)

Edited by Misshandlad