Whats the easiest way when going for the plat?

iGGTheEnd

Can I do most of the trophies on easy and then switch to Stygian for NG+ and would that be easier than starting on Stygian?  Just curious if when going to NG+ if it lets you change difficulty settings.  Also do characters carry over to NG+?

Edited by iGGTheEnd

I think all the trophies unlock on radiant so you could play on that if you want an easier experience. I don't recommend starting on stygian since it has a time limit and can be very difficult if you're not familiar with the game.

Also NG+ isn't an actual NG+, it's just a harder difficulty level that used to unlock after beating the game. They changed it after some time and it's now called stygian. So in order to do the NG+ trophy, you do in fact need to beat the game on stygian (or blood moon, which is the CC enabled version of stygian).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IDiivil said:

I think all the trophies unlock on radiant so you could play on that if you want an easier experience. I don't recommend starting on stygian since it has a time limit and can be very difficult if you're not familiar with the game.

Also NG+ isn't an actual NG+, it's just a harder difficulty level that used to unlock after beating the game. They changed it after some time and it's now called stygian. So in order to do the NG+ trophy, you do in fact need to beat the game on stygian (or blood moon, which is the CC enabled version of stygian).

Thanks for the reply,  I am not sure I am good enough to ever be able to get this plat but I am at least going to try I love Lovecraftian style games and can't believe I missed this one.

• Like 1

If you want to make it slightly easier you could upload your save to the cloud or a USB after every successful dungeon run. You have to play for 99 weeks for one trophy so you can put the game on the easiest setting (I think) and get the hang of the game while getting every single trophy except the stygian one. You won't have a time crunch and you can enjoy the game this way.

I did the cloud save method on my stygian playthrough and finished in 42 weeks. It's not too bad but I did have to reset my game in a few darkest dungeons cause of bad rng. 

Also nothing carries over so you do have to start from scratch on your stygian run. It's not super difficult with backup saves but after going 99+ weeks and then another 42 on top of it, I was ready to be done with the game. Was fun while it lasted though.

1 minute ago, Jason-d-b said:

If you want to make it slightly easier you could upload your save to the cloud or a USB after every successful dungeon run. You have to play for 99 weeks for one trophy so you can put the game on the easiest setting (I think) and get the hang of the game while getting every single trophy except the stygian one. You won't have a time crunch and you can enjoy the game this way.

I did the cloud save method on my stygian playthrough and finished in 42 weeks. It's not too bad but I did have to reset my game in a few darkest dungeons cause of bad rng. 

Also nothing carries over so you do have to start from scratch on your stygian run. It's not super difficult with backup saves but after going 99+ weeks and then another 42 on top of it, I was ready to be done with the game. Was fun while it lasted though.

Ya my plan was to cloud save on my Stygian run,  I am having fun right now but it is super stressful haha,  this is one of those plats I am going to work on when I am between games because it seems like I could get stressed out playing it for too long.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 9:24 PM, VigilantCrow said:

You can cheese the game on Stygian if you buy the Crimson Court. Start a new game and disable the court but allow the districts.

Play the first 10 weeks focusing solely on gold and portraits. Don't pay to destress heroes or upgrade them, just dismiss when they're a liability. By week 10 you should be able to grab the bank (trade in heirlooms if needed) and live off the 5% gold interest each week. By week 30 I had 500k in gold and never had an issue with the game's difficulty spikes.

What an amazing tip! Will have to try this one when I decide to play this game again.

On 2019-02-27 at 7:24 AM, VigilantCrow said:

You can cheese the game on Stygian if you buy the Crimson Court. Start a new game and disable the court but allow the districts.

Play the first 10 weeks focusing solely on gold and portraits. Don't pay to destress heroes or upgrade them, just dismiss when they're a liability. By week 10 you should be able to grab the bank (trade in heirlooms if needed) and live off the 5% gold interest each week. By week 30 I had 500k in gold and never had an issue with the game's difficulty spikes.

This is an excellent tip right here. I literally have millions in this game and all of that money came from the bank. The biggest mistake most make when starting the game is spending a fortune on stress healing and not making any progress with upgrades because of it. If anyone here is looking for tips I'll be more than willing to drop a bunch. One of my favourite games and as you can see I also have the platinum.

10 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

This is an excellent tip right here. I literally have millions in this game and all of that money came from the bank. The biggest mistake most make when starting the game is spending a fortune on stress healing and not making any progress with upgrades because of it. If anyone here is looking for tips I'll be more than willing to drop a bunch. One of my favourite games and as you can see I also have the platinum.

Ya I started the game like last week just to see what all the hype was about,  I definitely felt like I was doing something wrong and I realized I shouldn't be constantly healing stress I was always broke,  didn't even realize there was a bank haha.  If you wanna drop some tips anything would be appreciated,  I don't know when I will go back to the game but I know I will eventually.  From the small amount I played the game was very addicting and Lovecraft is my favorite setting in games,

Just throwing in my own tips after finishing the game over on xbox and replaying on psn. Some are close to what NaseemJohn mentioned previously but I'll try to avoid overlapping as best I can.

1) Stun is the most important skill in the game. The fewer attacks the enemy can use, the less damage and stress you'll take per battle. If you can't kill a target than stunning it is normally your best option.

2) You get two turns before the stalling mechanics start to kick in however if you apply a bleed/blight that is equal to or greater than the last enemies hp you'll receive a 3rd turn. This is extremely important for allowing extra stress and hp healing so always go for this if possible. 

3) Plan your entire run around countering the 4 Darkest Dungeon missions. If you're not actively doing something that directly helps you beat the final area you're wasting a week. For example don't build up an abomination's resolve if you're not planning on using it at end game. Focusing only on the main 16 characters (with a handful of spares in case of deaths) that you'll be using will allow you to farm quirks early.

4) Try to fight in high light to reduce the difficulty of the game however you should snuff out your torches before looting to maximize your gains. It'll require bringing more torches than what was recommended by NaseemJohn however money isn't going to be an issue with the bank and the sooner you get heirlooms, the sooner you can get your districts built/town upgraded.

5) Prepare your units for different situations. For example my crusaders always use the same skills (Inspiring Cry, Holy Lance, Stunning Blow, Smite). This allows him to get people off death's door, destress, stun and move forward when taken out of position. Attacking is important but it's arguably more important that you have options when in different situations.

Edited by VigilantCrow
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...