Forest Child Trophy

pksTOXIC

i've seen a bunch of guides on this, and they all say to do it at night (makes perfect sense)  BUT, how can i change time of day to night at the beginning? where do i sleep?

Personal solution:  Waited 10-15 min and had a beer.  seems silly tho

Edited by pksTOXIC
  • Like 2

Yeah night time is better, but for some reason the day would not change to night at a certain section and it nearly cost me this trophy. I had to restart over a couple of hours, one section of about 20 feet took me around an hour itself because one of the guards glitched and would glide back to a spot I needed to sneak right by.

24 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Yeah night time is better, but for some reason the day would not change to night at a certain section and it nearly cost me this trophy. I had to restart over a couple of hours, one section of about 20 feet took me around an hour itself because one of the guards glitched and would glide back to a spot I needed to sneak right by.

after waiting in spawn for night time, i rested in the bed in the tunnel until night so it'd be fresh for the rest of the run-through

17 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I have this issue over and over. Once I reach the location with the boat where the switch is there is a guard on a bridge which leave but keeps glitching back on the bridge as soon as you advance a bit. So annoying and especially on Ranger Hardcore. 

Edited by JaapertNL
Spelling

3 hours ago, JaapertNL said:

I have this issue over and over. Once I reach the location with the boat where the switch is there is a guard on a bridge which leave but keeps glitching back on the bridge as soon as you advance a bit. So annoying and especially on Ranger Hardcore. 

I had to do the entire section in the day so this trophy was near impossible too. However, after waiting about 5 minutes after he left he finally didn't glide his way back and instantly catch me.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I had to do the entire section in the day so this trophy was near impossible too. However, after waiting about 5 minutes after he left he finally didn't glide his way back and instantly catch me.

Tried for over 4 hours on Ranger Hardcore but simply cannot make it out with the boat on the last part. Quicker to restart the game from scratch on easy and speedrun through it. Kinda stupid that after beating the game and playing on Ranger Hardcore you cannot change back the difficulty. Bad design in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, JaapertNL said:

Tried for over 4 hours on Ranger Hardcore but simply cannot make it out with the boat on the last part. Quicker to restart the game from scratch on easy and speedrun through it. Kinda stupid that after beating the game and playing on Ranger Hardcore you cannot change back the difficulty. Bad design in my opinion.

The whole idea of ranger hardcore is to not be changeable, you start and you finish on it. Doing Forest Child on it is just for you to push yourself - and your patience with some of the games mechanics.

You can sneak past the first area during daylight reasonably easy on lower difficulties if you can't be bothered waiting (and then sleep in the tunnel on the left side). I think a lot of people forget about the distractions you can cause with cans.

If you're worried over Alyosha making it I actually killed two guards on RHC on that last part next to the final boat lever and still had the good outcome.

1 minute ago, JaapertNL said:

The video I saw where it was done at night showed the guy doesn't see you when you row up to the dock to get out. (Or maybe he got really lucky lol)

This trophy, as far as I'm concerned, is near impossible on RH because the chances of that asshole on the bridge glitching are too great. And yeah it was a bad idea to make it so you can't switch out of RH even after beating the game.

Just now, Valkirye22 said:

The whole idea of ranger hardcore is to not be changeable, you start and you finish on it. Doing Forest Child on it is just for you to push yourself - and your patience with some of the games mechanics.

You can sneak past the first area during daylight reasonably easy on lower difficulties if you can't be bothered waiting (and then sleep in the tunnel on the left side). I think a lot of people forget about the distractions you can cause with cans.

If you're worried over Alyosha making it I actually killed two guards on RHC on that last part next to the final boat lever and still had the good outcome.

I read that you can actually kill Pirates and Bandits on this level. It's ONLY the Pioneers you need to be careful around in order for Alyosha not to get wounded. I don't know if it's true or not, but I'm sure someone here will be able to find out one day for the guide that will eventually show up. :P 

In any case, if someone is struggling on that last Pirate fortress part on RHC.

Go across the left side of the map where the boat is, when you get into the boat point it slowly to the right (don't go straight) and look up right, one of the Pirates will be on the window above you, you can see him through the floor boards - wait for him to turn around then paddle right and then left in the darker side of the swamp closer to the bushes on the right. If you just paddle straight towards the pass you will usually get spotted by one of them - turned or not I actually think the moonlight makes you more visible.

As you approach the lever part, come in from the far left (two guys will be talking one on the bridge on above) park the boat so you walk a bit on it and then jump to the left pier, climb up and wait for the guards to rotate around so you can pull the lever (if you don't care about FC trophy on your RHC run you can knock out or kill the two) jump back down and row out (this part is tricky sometimes you'll be seen by someone in the back, happened to me randomly on that part but I finally did it with them just searching as they thought they saw something but didn't go on alert)

1 minute ago, Valkirye22 said:

In any case, if someone is struggling on that last Pirate fortress part on RHC.

Go across the left side of the map where the boat is, when you get into the boat point it slowly to the right (don't go straight) and look up right, one of the Pirates will be on the window above you, you can see him through the floor boards - wait for him to turn around then paddle right and then left in the darker side of the swamp closer to the bushes on the right. If you just paddle straight towards the pass you will usually get spotted by one of them - turned or not I actually think the moonlight makes you more visible.

As you approach the lever part, come in from the far left (two guys will be talking one on the bridge on above) park the boat so you walk a bit on it and then jump to the left pier, climb up and wait for the guards to rotate around so you can pull the lever (if you don't care about FC trophy on your RHC run you can knock out or kill the two) jump back down and row out (this part is tricky sometimes you'll be seen by someone in the back, happened to me randomly on that part but I finally did it with them just searching as they thought they saw something but didn't go on alert)

I am not worried about Alyosha not getting wounded but the Forest Child Trophy. The last parts on RH after opening the gate is all doable but actually getting past the last three enemies with the boat is nearly impossible or just having luck they are in the right position. Even when distracting with cans I somehow always get spotted at the end. As I said above, replaying the whole game on easy is quicker than keep trying my luck on RH

4 minutes ago, JaapertNL said:

I am not worried about Alyosha not getting wounded but the Forest Child Trophy. The last parts on RH after opening the gate is all doable but actually getting past the last three enemies with the boat is nearly impossible or just having luck they are in the right position. Even when distracting with cans I somehow always get spotted at the end. As I said above, replaying the whole game on easy is quicker than keep trying my luck on RH

Wait you're just trying for the Forest Child trophy?

Just chapter select TAIGA, Reader difficulty have a drink while it gets dark and speedrun it. On Reader those guys might as well be blind.

Just now, Valkirye22 said:

Wait you're just trying for the Forest Child trophy?

Just chapter select TAIGA, Reader difficulty have a drink while it gets dark and speedrun it. On Reader those guys might as well be blind.

Right, but my last run was on RH so how do you chapter select and change the difficulty. It is not possible. 

1 minute ago, JaapertNL said:

Right, but my last run was on RH so how do you chapter select and change the difficulty. It is not possible. 

Oh man... I forgot the game overwrites your saves, damn so when you reload TAIGA you're stuck on RHC? That's an design oversight if I even saw one. Looks like you're in for a powerthrough on Reader, just kill everyone and rush the main story to progress it should be doable in 3-4 hours I think.

Well, note to anyone coming up to this thread if you haven't already do the chapter select Forest Child trophy prior to your RHC run

1 minute ago, Valkirye22 said:

Oh man... I forgot the game overwrites your saves, damn so when you reload TAIGA you're stuck on RHC? That's an design oversight if I even saw one. Looks like you're in for a powerthrough on Reader, just kill everyone and rush the main story to progress it should be doable in 3-4 hours I think.

Well, note to anyone coming up to this thread if you haven't already do the chapter select Forest Child trophy prior to your RHC run

Very good warning. I wish I would have know that before. I actually watched a guide and where they indicated that it was easier on the lowest difficulty settings and that you could always change the difficulty if you wanted. Wish I had not listened to that since it is not the case. 

Nevertheless, should indeed not take too long to get to Taiga on easy. Only the cutscenes already take 2 hours :)