How close to 2033 and Last Light is this?

Crispy_Oglop

I really loved Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light, to anyone who has put a good bit of time into Exodus so far - how are you finding it? is this installment on par with those experiences? I read about the voice acting being a bit off in terms of pacing, but would be interested to know what the broader experience is.

I actually played Metro 2033 and Last Light about a week or so ago for the first time as I wanted to get Exodus and to know what the whole story was about and for me I think it's a brilliant game. There's is a little more emphasis with exploring in the new one, but having the settings outside of the metro really did require that in my opinion. As far as Voice acting is concerned, it does kind of lose its placing a bit, but I still thought the whole package was excellent. As you stated, you are a fan of the other 2, so you won't be disappointed in this at all! 

Edited by CannibalX666X

I think it's a huge improvement. Granted, you don't spend much time in the actual Metro, the game still carries the DNA of its predecessors. The characters are a lot more compelling (especially Miller), gameplay is more or less the same, environments are stunning, and the overarching plot is intriguing. This is a must buy for any Metro fan and I recommend you give it a shot. I highly recommend anyone jumping into the series play the first two games though.